[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Youlike|85 Frost Death Knight

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:13 am 

Character Name: Youlike
Character Class: Death Knight
Days Played: 151
Alt(s): 85 Mage - Glasscanon | 83 Rogue - Stuns

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

My name is Ryan and I am 20 years old and live in Carlisle, PA. I currently go to a community college for a degree in Computer Information Systems. I plan transferring out next year and going to the Penn State Technology School in Willamsport,PA for a degree in Computer Security. Ever since I was a little kid I always enjoyed computers and video games so I thought that having a job in that field would be a perfect fit for me. I used to play Counter-Strike Source and Team Fortress 2 competitively but I decided to stop because I liked playing WoW more. Everyone once in a while I will also hop on XBL and play some Halo Reach

2. Why Immo?

I want to join Immortality because they have always been a staple on Skullcrusher and with the recent switch to 25 mans I feel I can help a very respected and known guild get back to the top.

3. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

I also have tank gear and would have no problem if I was asked to off tank.

4. Tell us about your raiding experience.

Pre-BC
I started playing WoW about a month before the release of BC so I never got to raid during Vanilla.

BC - On Mage
Kara - clear
Gruul - clear
Mag - clear
SSC - clear
TK - clear
ZA - clear
BT - clear
Sunwell - up to Muru

WOTLK - On Death Knight
Naxx 10|25 - clear
Sarth 10|25 - clear
Maly 10|25 - clear
Ulduar 10|25 - clear
Ulduar 10|25 HM - clear
TOC 10|25 - clear
TOC 10 HM - clear
TOC 25 HM - all but Anub'arak
ICC 10|25 - clear
ICC 10|25 HM - clear
Ruby Sanc 10|25 - clear
Ruby Sanc 10|25 HM - clear

Cataclysm - On Death Knight
Blackwing 10|25 - clear
BoT 10|25 - clear
Throne 10|25 - clear
Blackwing 25 HM - Chimaeron, Maloriak, Atramedes, Magmaw
BoT 25 HM - Halfus
Throne 25 HM - none (attempts on Conclave)

Here are some of my logs

5. What are your thoughts on pvp? Are you very good at pvp and do you dedicate much time to it?

I enjoy doing pvp on both my death knight and my mage. I have a gotten a few high rated arena teams so I would say that I am a pretty good player. I definitely dedicate some time to pvp outside of raiding. I like doing arena because it helps build teamwork between you and your partners and it really helps you in pve in many ways because it keeps thinking quick on your feet and your constantly aware of what's going on around you.

6. How do you feel about achievements?

I honestly don't really care for achievements that much and there not something I really do when I am playing.

7. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid?

I am available to raid every day, but this semester on Mondays and Wednesdays I would not be able to make it until around 8:00 to 8:15 because of class.

8. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are a player we want in our guild.

I think you should accept me into your guild because I never stop trying to get better at my class. I will say something during the raid about a boss if I feel I need to but other than that I will be quiet and listen to what other people have to say and take what they have to say and put it to good use. My motivation for gaming is to try and be the best there is while still having fun doing it.

Last edited by Youlike on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:23 am 

Well done app and has heroic experience. However, whether we need more melee is not up to me :P.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:50 am 
WTB a SS of your UI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:17 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:12 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

We have an ugly amount of melee -- and this decision would rest with Meowtickle who is the melee class leader. But as is customary I will ask you a few questions.

1. What is the alliance battle cry? -- *note* We Surrender!!! is not what I am looking for!
2. What has been your favorite boss fight ever? Why?
3. Which guilds have you been in prior to this app? And which guild were you the happiest in, and why?
4. You are at your significant others place for dinner, there is an awkward lull in the conversation when someone calls you out for being a wow geek. You need a joke quick to lighten the atmosphere. What joke would you use?
5. Being a DK -- how are DK's overpowered and how are DK's underpowered. What you do to fix the class if needed?
6. When you are not raiding, what do you do in game?

Thanks again for a well thought out app, I will be linking to this app in the future when we get applicants with the "I R GOOD, INVITEZ PLX" types of application.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:20 pm 

@Stalyx

1. What is the alliance battle cry? -- *note* We Surrender!!! is not what I am looking for!

'For Blood and Honor’

2. What has been your favorite boss fight ever? Why?

I would say that my favorite boss fight ever would be Zero Light Yogg-Saron because of the complexity of the fight and all the things you have to think about during the encounter as well as all the theorycrafting that needed to be done to actually be able to kill it.

3. Which guilds have you been in prior to this app? And which guild were you the happiest in, and why?

Evolution (Skullcrusher) -
Was an officer in Evolution but due to my school work slacking a bit I decided to take a break from the game right around the end of Naxx.

Dark Entropy (Tortheldrin) -
When summer started and I had time to play I decided to xfer to DE which was one of the top guilds on Skullcrusher during BC and was a top 150 guild in WOTLK. Unfortunately about 2 months after I joined the guild broke up due to some officers feeling that some people weren't pulling there weight within the guild. Once our Co- GM left the guild more followed basically crippling the guild and forcing everyone to leave.

After that I sort of floated around in little guilds waiting for the start of TOC. I really saw no point in trying to join a guild and do Ulduar because I really didn't like it and TOC was right around the corner. I then decided to go back to Skullcrusher with my friends and be a part of a guild that was a top guild on Skullcrusher during BC and the core members were reforming it but things didn't turn out very well.

Six Sevens (Skullcrusher) -
Was in the guild for about a month but people quickly realized it wasn't the same as it was in BC. The skill of people in the guild wasn't the same and that came to reality during our HM Beasts attempts. There was already some tension in the guild between the officers but some of our better members new that this wasn't going to happen so they jumped ship to find something better. Me and my friends decided to leave the guild because our best tank left and our most of our top dps left so we it just wasn't going to happen here.

Reckless (Skullcrusher) -
I then joined Reckless right around the start of ICC because a couple of my real life friends had joined and they wanted me to start raiding again. I knew has soon as I joined the guild wasn't very good but I stayed in it because I wanted to play with my real life friends. Has soon as we started doing HM's my friends decided to stop playing so I then decided to get out and try to find a better guild that could kill HM LK.

Dark Entropy (Skullcrusher) -
I joined this guild when they reformed on Skullcrusher about 6 months into ICC. I was having a great time in DE until the guild started to unravel when our GM Limbay decided to stop playing and the new leadership came in. People started gradually leaving because of his departure has well has the upcoming release of RIFT and also the occasional burnout. The guild has converted to 10 man and I would rather do 25’s, so this is why I am looking for a new guild.

Out of all the guilds I have joined over the years I would say the guild I was happiest in was Dark Entropy because I have spent most of my time in Dark Entropy and because I have made a lot of friends within the guild.

4. You are at your significant others place for dinner, there is an awkward lull in the conversation when someone calls you out for being a wow geek. You need a joke quick to lighten the atmosphere. What joke would you use?

I’m not really much of a joke teller but here it goes…

What did Bill Gates' wife say to him on his wedding night?

"Now I know why you called your company Microsoft"

Of course I would tell them a computer related joke.

5. Being a DK -- how are DK's overpowered and how are DK's underpowered. What you do to fix the class if needed?

I think DK’s are maybe to overpowered in the pvp aspect of the game. We have a lot of cc abilities as well as the newly added necrotic strike which makes us a very strong class. I wouldn’t say that we are really underpowered but one thing I really dislike about being a DK is the fact that we get changed around virtually every patch that comes out. We have major changes in our spec , gearing, and rotation so often that it is really starting to get old, and I wish Blizzard could find the right formula to keep us competitive with everyone in the pve seen without nerfing us because of how good we are in pvp.

6. When you are not raiding, what do you do in game?

When I am not raiding I am either farming for consumables or pvping.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:44 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

-- nice a penis joke in front of potential in-laws too... :p

I am going to ask this because I am sure the melee would be interested. What is your benching tolerance?
Choose what is applicable --

1. I want to be invited to a guild only if I have a immediate, medium term, long term chance of being a core raider.
2. The guild I join needs provide a serious, fun, progressive, hardcore raiding environment.
3. I want to join because I want to progress, want to find some people with similar attitudes who I can eventually develop long term friendships with, want the xp/honor bonus.

I truly enjoyed your app, except your joke.. that was horrible. The rest of it was an entertaining read. Best of luck to you, I am sure Meowtickle will be on soon enough to make a comment.

Stalyx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 pm 

@Stalyx

I am going to ask this because I am sure the melee would be interested. What is your benching tolerance?

I know that joining a guild as a recruit means that you will not get into every boss fight and I would have no problem sitting. In my last guild we rotated players all the time so sitting is not new to me.

Choose what is applicable --

1. I want to be invited to a guild only if I have a immediate, medium term, long term chance of being a core raider.
2. The guild I join needs provide a serious, fun, progressive, hardcore raiding environment.
3. I want to join because I want to progress, want to find some people with similar attitudes who I can eventually develop long term friendships with, want the xp/honor bonus.

I would say

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:12 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Oh my fault -- this is why my students keep failing my exams.. I apparently cannot write worth squat. Let me try the last question again

On each of the follow (1-3) please choose the bolded parts that accurately reflect your attitude towards your future guild.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 pm 

@Stalyx

medium term

fun, progressive, hardcore

want to progress, want to find some people with similar attitudes who I can eventually develop long term friendships with

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:54 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

We do have melee opening, and willing and experienced applicants are always welcome.

Catch me or one of the other officers ingame for an invite.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]