[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Balance Druid

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Balance Druid
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:04 am 

Character Name: Harwas
Character Class: Balance Druid
Days Played: 192
Alt(s): Volaar (DK) Kymetha (Sham) several other non-85's

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

I'm 28 years old and I'm from Maine.

2. Why Immo?

I see a few familiar faces in the guild. Zonel, Supernovas, Estheremo, and Lycan. I did a couple of 25 man Earth, Wind and Fire achievements with several of your guild members back in WotLK. Ramza, Imidril, and Fleas were there for a couple of them. Long ago, can't remember for sure. Also, Estheremo's "The Great Gnome Race" a sunday or two ago was the clincher. Unfortunately, I zigged when I should have zagged and ended up a full zone and a half behind :(

3. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

UI screen shot

4. Tell us about your raiding experience.

Pugged ZA, SSC, and Kara with Halfpint, Ukigauma, and Soulkrist. Didn't clear much of anything during the BC days. Was a very casual player at the time due to being in the U.S. Marines.

11/12 Heroic ICC 10 and 25 man with Retrospect and Six Sevens. Overall a good raiding experience. Many thanks to Dontsuckk for making me switch from cat to moonkin. I've come to love playing the laser chicken spec :) Also, more thanks to Six Sevens for being patient with me as I learned how to play it.

4/4 Norm BoT and 5/6 Norm BWD with Six Sevens. Six Sevens made the switch to 10 man raiding due to the lack of good players. Just weren't enough caster slots available to raid with any consistency.

5. What are your thoughts on pvp? Are you very good at pvp and do you dedicate much time to it?

PvP is something I've just started getting into. I don't completely suck and it's something I dedicate a couple hours a day to in order to suck less. Running ret pally/boomkin in 2's right now for points and to learn the ropes. We seem to do alright for now.

6. How do you feel about achievements?

It's a love/hate relationship. Very addicting. Got a late start to it, so my points are somewhat low at the moment.

7. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid?

Still unemployed after getting out of the Marine Corps a year ago, so time is something I have plenty of. I can make whatever raid days needed.

8. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are a player we want in our guild.

Dedicated. Willing to put the time and effort needed to get the job done as long as everyone else is of like mind. I'm hard on myself and usually don't make the same mistake twice. Thick skinned. I can take criticism no matter what the form and use it to get better. Adapt and overcome. Generally, I'm a likable person ... maybe ... hopefully.

Post subject: Re: Balance Druid
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:10 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You are a marine! Cool!

1. What the hell is the boomkin rotation?
2. How well do you ride the bench? 1 - I whine constantly to everyone to 10 - Dude, as long as I get DKP sitting outside, you can bench me all you want.
3. I need your boomkin rotation in keystrokes -- for example mine is -- 3, G. Ctrl R , 4, 4, 4, 4, TTTTTTTTT, 4, 4, G, 4, 4 TTTTTTTT
4. How likely will you go to a guild meet, and if you do go to a guild meet, and we go to a bar, and someone gets ganged up because he ordered a cheesecake at a bar, how likely is it that you will have that someones back?
5. Archaeology -- Yay, or Nay... and why?
6. You have been loyal to six sevens for a while how hard or easy was it to do this app?

Best of luck on your app Harwas.

Stalyx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:39 pm 

Hello Stalyx! Hopefully I answer your questions without embarrassing myself.

1. Space Chickens have two basic types of rotations. The first is the standard sustained rotation. MF, IS, starfire until solar ecplipse, wrath to lunar; starfall on cd (unless you have the haste to line it up with lunar eclipse consistently) starsurge on cd, treants as many times during the fight (usually twice) and keep dots up. The second is the "Sunfire Spam" rotation. This "rotation" is actually alot of fun and allows you to be mobile throughout the course of the fight. It involves getting to a solar eclipse and staying there by using IS (never let it fall off), sunfire spam, and wild mushrooms on cd. Sunfire spam is superior to the first rotation in all fights with 3 or more targets and in a lot of cases, 2 or more targets.

2. I ride the bench as well as anyone who enjoys raiding and wants to raid. I'd have to say "5". I won't enjoy my time on the bench, but I won't be a bitch about it either. Being benched happens and it's not something I would take serious issue with. I do not envy the raid leader trying to juggle the roster around to make people happy and get people raid time as well as make sure you have a solid group for the encounter(s).

3. Q, shift-Q, W,W,W, E,E,E, repeat ... 1 and 2 on cd; if I'm spamming, Q, shift-Q, Q,Q,Q; 1, 2, and 3 on cd.

4. In the event I got to know people in the guild well enough, I'd say there would be 50/50 chance I'd show up. If the someone was not part of our "Guild Meet" I'd say, "Let's do this and join in on the fun." If, in the unfortunate event, the someone was apart of our "Guild Meet" I'd have to have their back. I cared enough to show up, why wouldn't I? However, there must be consequences for oredering cheesecake at a bar. Unless, of course, that someone decides my fate in the guild. In this event, I pull their ass out of the fire and keep my mouth shut.

5. Archaeology ... I love it, I hate it, but overall it's just plain fun to do from time to time. As an added bonus, Tol'Vir tablets seem to sell for enough to make my farming on Kalimdor just that much more enjoyable.

6. This was hard to do but, it was necessary. I've made friends here and I enjoy our banter in guild chat and vent. The late night troll sessions with vashious, wilson, and bigs will still be a high note. It's not like I'll never talk to them again, but it was time to find a new raiding home.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:16 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Couple of follow-ups from a recently converted boomkin.

You have W mapped to something other than move, what is your movement key?

You have 2 points in Gale Winds, a fairly useless talent. Why not put one in to Owlkin Frenzy and the other elsewhere?

What fights, if any, do you switch out Glyph of Starsurge for Starfire?

Were you the druid who constantly drilled me for info on cat spec? Your name seems very familiar.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:42 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Yeah I remember you: good attendance, decent dps, jumped ship when things were rough. Probably worth giving a shot if we had an open range slot but I highly doubt that we do. Got an ele shaman? ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:58 pm 

I can vouch for Harwas, he's a good guy. He switched to whatever spec we told him to be without complaining. Pulled solid numbers also if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 pm 

@ Imidril

My movement keys:

A = strafe left
S = move forward
D = strafe right
X = back pedal
Z = turn left
C = turn right

The 2 points in Gale Winds were a situational AE deal. Mushrooms + Glyphed Hurricane + Typhoon knockback. More for control. I find different people want different things. One raid I'm told Fungal Growth would be nice, the next I'm told, meh, whatever. My spec changes to whatever the raid wants. Normally, Owlkin Frenzy would be maxed out and that left over point would stay there. I don't have mana issues, so Moonglow is meh to me and the same deal with Dreamstate. This leaves Gale Winds and Fungal Growth. I figure I may as well buff Typhoon in the few instances I use it.

Glyph of Starfire is shown to be the superior glyph on single target, none heavy-movement fights. Fights like Chim would be the ideal fight for the glyph. Optimally, your lunar eclipsed moonfire should be up until half way through your solar eclipse, so that when you sunfire/IS, they're needing to be refreshed as soon as you enter the next lunar eclipse. Glyph of Wrath would be one I used in a primarily single target fight where I couldn't take advantage of GoSF. In general, the safe bet is Star Surge.

Yeah, heh :) I most likely am "that druid" I had a nasty habit of using mangle, rake, roar instead of mangle, roar, rake to start my rotation and you promptly /slapped me upside the head. Now that I think about it, I got off pretty lightly on that.

@ Supernovas

Long time no speak. How are you doing these days? Yes, I do have a shaman that could go ele, but I'd rather not embarass myself. Just don't have the gear for it. But hey, if it meant a raid spot every so often, I could shelve the druid for a little bit and learn how to use Lightning Bolt instead of Wrath. I have to say tho, I love being a space chicken.

@ Zonel

Again, long time no speak! Familiar faces popping up left and right. Now that I think about it, you, Super, Wyndor were the ones that started me down this wonderful feather-filled path. It was,"Harwas! Go Typhoon spec now." lol Yup, definitely owe you guys for that. Never had more fun with this game. Except when I pugged ZA and alternated between bear, tree and cat every other fight, but that's a different story.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:11 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'm not the ranged officer by any sense of the word, but he has my vote of approval. He has always been extremely eager to better himself, which is pretty much one of the best qualities a player can have. He also seems to know pretty much everything there is to know about boomkin DPS. I'll tell Esther to take a look and see if we can't get you in to blow stuff up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:43 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I like this guys replies and attitude. Even tho we have a few extra he seems like a good fit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:25 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Anyone that can beat my DPS has my vote.

Needless to say, I don't give out many votes! kekekekekezergrush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:30 pm 

Recruited.. we are a little ranged heavy as it is but if you're ok with riding the bench a little message one of the officers for an invite.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]