[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Snackwell Marksmanship/Beast Mastery Hunter

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:26 pm 

[b]Character Name: Snackwell
[b]Character Class: Marksmanship/Beast Mastery Hunter
[b]Days Played: 11
[b]Alt(s): N/A

[b]1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

Well, my name is Kevin and it's nice to meet all of you. I'm 23 years old and I was born, raised, and live in Lakewood, Colorado. I suggest coming here some time. The weather will blow your mind. I have a girlfriend who I love very much but she doesn't know it yet. You cant rush these things. I'm also a Support Manager at Walmart. I love my job and I am hoping to advance in the near future.

[b]2. Why Immo?

I wish to join Immortality because I have a strong desire to raid. In the 3 guilds I have been in, I have only done 4 raids and I am a hardcore raider. I envy you guys because everytime they would schedule a raid on the calendar, I would wait at the entrance to BoT and watch all of your guys fly in while my raid was cancelled due to a lack of people. You seem well organized and committed to what you do and I respect that and wanna help in any way I can.

[b]3. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=254744

[b]4. Tell us about your raiding experience.

For Cata I don't have a lot seeing as how the guild I am currently in doesn't do much raiding. I have downed Halfus(10) and fought Valiona and Therlion(10) in BoT. In BWD I have faught Magmaw but since I was the only aoe that was pretty much a wipe from the get go. I do BH(10) on a weekly basis. Back in WotLK when I played as a healer, I did all of Naxx(10 and 25), VoA(10 and 25), The Ruby Sanctum(10 and 25), Malygos(10 and 25), 6 bosses out of Ulduar(10 and 25), and then I left for personal reasons for about 2 years and recently got back into WOW.

[b]5. What are your thoughts on pvp? Are you very good at pvp and do you dedicate much time to it?

Honestly, I don't do a whole lot of pvp. I get the daily Tol Barad in but for the most part I don't do much of it. I'm not very good at pvp but any chance I get, I kill a Horde. I have been camped enough times to where I have no pitty for them.

[b]6. How do you feel about achievements?

Love them. I try to get new achievements everyday and I am currently working towards getting [Vial of the Sands] and [From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee].

[b]7. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid?

These are all server times.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Friday: 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Saturday: 12:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
A deciding factor if I raid is my girlfriend. I do not put this game before her but be plan all of our get togethers a week in advance so I will be able to let you know right away which days those are where I wont be able to attend.

[b]8. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are a player we want in our guild.

I am a very dedicated player and I try to help the guild with achievements as well as completing challenges whenever there are enough of us on. I help out my fellow guildies as often as I can. I spend a lot of time farming and if you have ever bought any kind of ore or leather from the auction house, then you have probably seen my name in there a few times. I am always on about an hour earlier then scheduled raids so I can get all my stuff together and be ready for raiding. I have a desire to see end game material and I am willing to work hard and take critisizm where it is needed.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:19 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'm going to be gentle here.

First of all your character in overall progressions seems to be a minimum of 3-4 months behind the curve. This far into release you should have almost full epics even without stepping foot inside a raid instance. Your socketing also makes me sad.

Secondly, Your talents are just terrible. BM is not a viable raiding spec so get rid of it. A raiding hunter should have a Marks spec for single target DPS and a Surv spec for AOE. Also you have 1 glyph combined between both your specs... really? For a good example of what talent and glyph setups look like take a look at my armory. Your pet talent specs are also wrong.

Third, that myarmory bullshit you linked is complete garbage, never use it again. Blizzard has a lovely armory for you to use and its pretty damn good. Here is your link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... l/advanced

To sum things up, its fairly obviously you have little detailed knowledge of your class and have not put the time in thus far to the game to be considered for a spot in a real raiding guild. If this is something you really want to do I suggest going back and learning about your class. There are forums, videos, and all sorts of stuff you can do. Elitist Jerks is fairly solid for information about your class and all other classes.

Thanks for the effort you put into the application, I only noticed a few typos and spelling errors which leads me to believe this application is not a troll. Kudos to you for that.

Application Denied.

P.S. On a more personal note, planning everythign with your girlfriend a week in advance is nice an all, but you need to be able to be spontaneous on occasion.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:28 pm 

i think dante knows his shit in some aspects of being a huntard follow his advice and you too shall blossom into a wonderful assclown err... pro hunter*

Last edited by Figigglyworm on Sun May 01, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 pm 

Thank you for your quick response. It's not what I wanted to hear but thank you for your honesty. I value the info you told me and I will work on my toon and my abilities. Would it be ok if I reapplied in about a month so I can work on my character and bring him up?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:14 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Feel free to reapply when you wish.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:56 am 

pff Dante is still a mean bitch :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

This was me being nice.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:43 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

This is why people don't like applying to immo anymore...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:04 pm 

Theres a difference between a quality app, and this. Do you want to carry/lose gear to that 8k dps hunter that dies to fire everyfight? I wouldnt either.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:28 am 

yeah! what she said ^

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:28 am 

Hey,

This is an update from the last time I applied for your guild.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... l/advanced

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:02 pm 

I see in your application earlier you have odd raid times where you are free to raid we raid till 12 midnight server time... Are you able to make our times? If yes please pm me ingame for an invite.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:29 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I am glad to see this hunter come back and update us. Definitely worth giving him a shot (imo, because my opinion matters).

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:23 pm 

mm dedication ftw

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]