[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Marksman Hunter

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Marksman Hunter
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:36 am 

Character Name: Carmex
Character Class: Hunter
Days Played: 19 days
Alt(s): 85 Deathknight (Jaars)
85 Priest (Maars)
85 Rogue (Vaars)
71 Druid (Oarks)

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
I am 18 and out of Highschool. I was born in Canada.

2. Why Immo?
I am looking for a friendly guild that likes to raid and maybe do some rated battlegrounds or arenas every so often. Also because i am looking for a 25 man raiding guild.

3. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... mex/simple
If I have my pvp gear is on when you look then I only have 4 blues to replace (Ilvl 356 pve)

4. Tell us about your raiding experience.
I am 10/12 (Got Nef to 18%) non-heroic 1/13 heroic i use to raid ToC and Icc in WotLK on my priest mostly but i switch my main raider to my hunter during Cata. (Haven't try 25 man since Cata. came out)

5. What are your thoughts on pvp? Are you very good at pvp and do you dedicate much time to it?
I like to pvp more on my deathknight then my hunter but i have most of the gear for my hunter and i try to get my arena points every week

6. How do you feel about achievements?
I don't care much for them unless there's a title involved, but if anyone wants help to get them then i will come help :)

7. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid?
Any day is fine for me, This may change after September because i am going to college.

8. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are a player we want in our guild.
Very helpful player, i like to help people get there arena points and i like to run alts through instances every so often :)
You can messege me in game at anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. Thank you for your time.

Post subject: Re: Marksman Hunter
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:54 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Ok I'd like to give you a shot to impress some people because I'm going out of town for the week, but first we need to make some changes.

It's obvious you do not know a lot about your class as shown by your gemming and spec, but these things are easily changed.

Gemming: Gem agil gems in every socket (except meta) unless getting the socket bonus gives you more agility than straight agil gems would. Gemming mastery makes me cry.

Stat weighting for Marks: Hit to cap> Crit > Haste (to soft cap and even farther depending on your marks shot rotation) > Mastery

Talents: Go take a look at my specs on armory. If you plan on raiding full time you need to have both a survival and marks spec designed for raiding to optimize your damage based on the fight. Surv for aoe and lots of movement, Marks for single target. If you want to pvp get ready to pay for respecs. TSA isn't needed for 25 man raids because you will always have a pally giving you might or a DK with the 10% AP buff

Pets: Do you have all pets needed for their various buffs that would benefit a raid and are these pets spec'd for maximum dps?

Reforging: You need to work on this. This calculator is very helpful
http://reforgecalc.de/index.php

Now some questions:
How confident are you with kiting?
Can you misdirect on the fly if necessary?
Give me the optimal misdirect shot combination to give the tank the best threat.
Are you able to react on your feet in raids and save people from their own stupidity thereby saving the raid? (AKA distracting shotting adds off casters/healers, trapping things when necessary, etc.
Back when heroics were difficult, were you a person people actually wanted to bring to heroics or were you the huntard?

I'll check this thread when I wake up tomorrow and maybe toss you an invite before I have to go out of town

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:46 pm 

Youd be quite surprised how good of a first impression knowing how to bold, unbold, and underline text makes. First app in a month or so thats been able to do that.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm 

Hmm yes these changes can be made easily.

I'm pretty sure i have most of the pets needed for raids

I'm alittle iffy on kiting, in my current guild they have me kiting on magmaw and nef attempts

And for misdirecting what i normally do when i misdirect is use chimera shot and spam arcane till i am out of focus.

I looove to use distracting shot to help and i trap when needed.

Hmm I don't know they seemed easy when my hunter hit 85 but my guild usually flys through heroics

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:17 pm 

25s dps dont kite adds on nef, and dks are much better for adds on conclave and magmaw. The most youd be doing is laying traps on maloriak and aoe slowing the adds on cho'gall.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:19 pm 
If your current guild has enough trust in you to kite adds and put the responsibility on you. I think you are worth giving a shot. PM an officer ingame for a ginvite

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]