[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Ethena - Prot Pally

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ethena - Prot Pally
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 pm 

Character Information

Ethena - Prot/Ret Pally

Armory Link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ena/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.

I played a warrior from vanilla until WotLK (Aeydan), and switched over to a pally then. I like playing a pally better of the endless tools the class has. I hadn't played anything but ret until recently, when I started tanking because the frikin' queues for heroics when Cata was released were ridiculous for DPS classes (still are). When I played a warrior in BC, I didn't ever really *like* to tank because I thought it was more difficult than DPS'ing, and quite frankly, I didn't want the added responsibility of shouldering the blame when something went wrong. However, tanking with a pally was really easy to pick up. Didn't take long at all. I quickly came to the realization....I kinda like to tank. My experience is a bit limited. I've only really tanked up to about half of BWD, but haven't had any problem so far. Situations where I've shined? Haven't really had the opportunity to shine much as a tank, but I've always thought I was somewhat of an overachiever as far as ret goes even with shitty gear (probably in part because for the last two expansions, I've been with bad groups).

(Note: I raided on and off with Six Sevens on my pally during WotLK)

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?

Yeah. I'm most definitely a better ret pally than prot, but learning more and more about tanking every time I play.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.

I'm going to level either my lock or warrior from 80 to 85 next, but so far in Cata, have mostly concentrated on my pally and helping my buddy level his druid from scratch (Hodrius - in the guild as well).

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?

On Skullcrusher - just Immo and Six Sevens...didn't really "leave" either. Just quit playing for extended periods of time because of school/work.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.

On my warrior: ZG, MC (tank), Kara (tank), Gruul's - Sunwell (Fury), Naxx- Trial (Fury)

On my Pally: Naxx - Trial (ret), BWD (prot)

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?

I'm John. I'm 24 years old. I live in Atlanta, Ga and produce the longest running sports talk radio show in the southeast. Outside of work, I watch a ton of movies, go to lots of sporting events (I guess that's still work), and train in Muay Thai a few days a week. I don't actually play many other video games other than wow and sports games. I'm much better at Madden/NCAA than I'll ever be at WoW

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?

I like WoW and raiding because it's simple enough to be fun to a casual player, but with theorycrafting and tons of math, is arguably one of the most complex game ever produced. By reading and learning more and more, you get better and better (therefore progressing and getting sick lootz...I'm a complete gear whore...jk).

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?

I couldn't raid my senior year of school, nor the year after I got out of school because I was getting entirely too drunk every night and it was REALLY getting in the way of my social life. Now, I don't have a social life during the week because I have to be at work at 4:30 AM every day (still don't go to be until around midnight, but I just can't drink during the week).

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?

I had fun raiding with you guys in BC. I like a fun raiding atmosphere where people get to know each other and have a good time. For those of you that remember me from the good 'ole days, I think I most definitely fit in with you guys and offer not only a desire to improve, but also I'm pretty pleasant to raid with. It's very clear that I haven't tanked for very long, and you guys could easily go out and find a much more geared prot pally to fill your needs (if you even still have "needs"), but I don't think gearing up will be a problem, and I can assure you, learning the fights and being a solid tank you can rely on will be even less of an issue.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?

Trust me. What someone says to me in a game isn't going to bother me. I work in one of the most intense environments known to man. Each day, producing a morning show is like going to war for 4 hours. If you can handle the pressure of ratings, guests, etc, you can pretty much handle anything - and I absolutely believe that.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net

I have a MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz with 4 GB of ram. It's solid. I have a cable connection - plenty fast.

What is the best way to contact you?

In game or by email.

Tell us a joke!

Two peanuts walked down a dark alley. One was assaulted.

Post subject: Re: Ethena - Prot Pally
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:52 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Heya, please log out in your tanking gear when possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:29 pm 

You got it. Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Gear looks good. Why haven't you worked more on Therazane rep for shoulder enchants? The daily grind isn't too bad and nets you a good bit of gold. I'm going to guess you went for the ret friendly reputations first which is why you haven't got your tank helm enchant from Earthen Ring? One or two heroics with a tabard on should push you to revered for it though.

I don't know much about reforging and itemization for pallies so I'll see if I can get Tickle or Sim to look it over.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:20 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hey Aeydan long time no see

Immortality Guild Master

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]