[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Dapope Disc/holy priest

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Dapope Disc/holy priest
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:59 pm 

]Character Information[/b]

Dapope 85 Disc/holy Priest (Dabble in Shadow but mostly Healing)

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ope/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
always loved healing and i have been playing Pope since Vanilla, (95days 17h 47m) as for alts i play my Fire/Ice Mage (Syntastic) and my Prot Pally (Dreamcast). In BoT the trash after the first boss were the fire guy comes and does that knockback explosion, i life griped the tank in mid air so he wouldn't fly off the edge hence avoiding a wipe. other then that if everyone lives i did my job.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
my main spec atm is Disc and off spec holy, i do go shadow every once in awhile, still building my gear set for it, but in all healing gear i do avg of 11-16k dps

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
Syntastic (Fire/Ice) Mage and Dreamcast (Prot) Pally

Please provide a UI screenshot.
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n54 ... 9/pope.png

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
i don't have access to World of logs and for the dps meter i really don't consider myself dps. but if you have any specific questions for me on healing, i will gladly answer or post what you need.

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
i was in immortality back in the end of BC beginning of WoTLK, don't remember why i left i think i quit playing for awhile.
raided most of this content With Divided Sky and Hoods up Roll Out, quit because they quit raiding.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
for Current content 7/12 but have had exp on Nef and Cho'gal, and prior to that i don't think there's a raid i haven't done.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
my Name is Bruce I'm 31 from MN and i am addicted to Portal/Portal 2

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
Progression, the thrill of a Hmode Kill, other then that playing with Friends i have made over the past 6 yrs.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts? works great for me, i work 9am - 5pm Cnt Monday - Friday

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
Blood Sweat and Power Word:Shield.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
If it helps me in the long run.. Yes

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
AMD Sempron 2.10g 3 GB ram (just for now, having a PC build atm that will Compete with NASA) http://www.speedtest.net/result/1338522965.png Not the best but i never lag much

What is the best way to contact you?
In game or Email

Tell us a joke!
How are women and tornadoes alike?

They both moan like hell when they come, and take the house when they leave. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

i know this name......

."

Achilles says: "That's why no one will remember
your name
."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:35 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Good joke!

I know next to nothing about priests, but hopefully on monday when all the rest of our healers recover from their drinking and drug binges you will get a reply or too.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:01 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:31 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1. Why are your trinkets, shadowfiend and mana pots not keybound?

2. Why are you specced into Strength of Soul and Surge of Light which require spells disc priests dont generally use over Darkness which would give you 2% haste and Veiled Shadows which would reduce your Shadowfiend cooldown by a minute?

3. Why are you not reforging your crit to mastery/spirit?

4. why glyph of fade over divine accuracy?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:47 am 

why all these questions invite him if he keeps those jokes comming hes worth having! :p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:04 am 

1. Why are your trinkets, shadowfiend and mana pots not keybound?
They are bound to my mouse

2. Why are you specced into Strength of Soul and Surge of Light which require spells disc priests dont generally use over Darkness which would give you 2% haste and Veiled Shadows which would reduce your Shadowfiend cooldown by a minute?

The Reason i chose them over the other two was for Clench heal that are mana efficient, i dont use my Shadow fiend that often because i hardly go completely oom. i dont really understand what you mean by Spells a disc priests dont generally use. Flash heal is a huge part of the way i heal

3. Why are you not reforging your crit to mastery/spirit?
you must of seen a earlier Armory posting, i was messing with shadow but that is what i normally use.

4. why glyph of fade over divine accuracy?
It was a situational choice, i was in a group with a tank that could not hold aggro to save his life but i do normally use divine accuracy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:07 am 

Here's another joke for ya Estheremo

A guy walks into a sperm donor bank wearing a ski mask and holding a gun. He goes up to the nurse and demands her to open the sperm bank vault. She says "But sir, its just a sperm bank!", "I don't care, open it now!!!" he replies. So she opens the door to the vault and inside are all the sperm samples. The guy says "Take one of those sperm samples and drink it!", she looks at him "BUT, they are sperm samples???" , "DO IT!". So the nurse sucks it back. "That one there, drink that one as well.", so the nurse drinks that one as well. Finally after 4 samples the man takes off his ski mask and says, "See honey - its not that hard."

Last edited by Dapope on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:19 am 

my input probably doesnt matter but if your flash heal is a big part of the way you heal... your doing it wrong.. :s, greater heal should be highest priority always over a flash heal. flash heals if at all should only be used with a surge of light proc as holy priest. as far as not using your shadowfiend, that just says that your not unleashing the full potential that you could / should be doing on boss fights. and as for the strength of soul... thats really only intended for heroic dungeons, not so much raids. you'd be WAY better off with the haste / shadowfiend cd reduction

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:47 am 

G heal is a higher Priority over Flash, but i do use Flash to lower the Weaken soul Debuff to be able to reapply PW:shield faster(which imo helps not just the tanks but other healers in the raid), surge of life on the other hand Proc's like crazy when you smite heal, which stacks archangel for my mana regen and strength of soul has saved my ass so many times in raids. but in the interest of fairness i would be interested in trying it your way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:28 pm 

well with archangel you waste more mana then what u gain from the proc, really its only used for its shear increase on heals except it excels really well on the halfus fight with its heal and like i said before strength of soul is garbage in raids, i realize you might see it as being good for tanks BUT chances are tank healing will be left to teh leet pallys and pro droods. also you'd still be better off using g heal over the flash heal to lower the debuff WS especially if its on a tank, more mana efficient and way bigger heal. jw how much hps can you pull on the magmaw encounter? for all i know i could be doing my own heals wrong :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:55 pm 

For HPS it's really hard too say, it all depends on the situation i guess. on avg (Damage Depending) anywhere from 9 to 14k hps. But in all honesty i really don't watch my meters unless something is going wrong, i say at the end of the encounter if everyones still alive. we did our job.
when you smite heal to build up your Archangel the mana cost of smite drops each time you cast it and if you mix that with Power Infusion it does acutely give you a considerable amount of mana in return, but the way i have been doing it could be an ass backwards way of healing. so i am willing to try other alternatives.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:54 pm 

personally for myself, i found the smite / holyfire spam only good on halfus. all other fights, i rotated between bubbles, gh's poh to stack my da to its cap which is usually around 56-58k..anyways im done posting here XD. GL with the app, hope you get accepted :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:20 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

from my past experiences with dapope he wasnt very good, dunno if he improved though.

You trinkets are awful, get the valor one at the very least, ill check spec later.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next