[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Pinksock the rogue

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pinksock the rogue
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:42 am 

Character Information

Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/Pinksockin/simple

note - I still need to get my gear fully enchanted as well as change the enchant on my main hand to landslide
Also need to reforge newly purchased/received chest/ring/back

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.I love the rogue class because I love having the advantage of stealth. Stealth is something that I find to be an advantage over every other class. I adore that fact that I can creep through the shadows without other players being aware that I'm there. I have played a rogue for 6 years, since WoW released to be exact. This is my 4th rogue I have had at the level cap.

Two examples where I shine playing a rogue: Due to my extensive knowledge of the rogue class I shine in raids. I know when to interrupt, I know how to run out of fire (lulz), and I know how to maximize my DPS.

I also shine in PvP. Sure, I don't do well against players with much higher resilience than what I have... but thanks to stealth, I get to pick my battles. I can also stunlock the fuck out of baddies :)

Other classes / specs I have played:
Enhancement Shaman
Holy/Shadow Priest
Retadin
Hunter
Warlock
(these classes were all played to the level cap, whatever they may have been at the time)

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?I am confident in my ability to play both combat and sub specs. I am currently dual specced as sub for PvP. For combat I lack a main hand weapon (a sword/axe/mace) but if I were to get one there would be no problem playing as one.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.This is currently the only character I play and is over the level 80, however, I am currently leveling a warrior on which I plan tanking on (as an alt)

Please provide a UI screenshot.http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1407/uishot.jpg

showin off the guns, nbd.

ExperienceAlright, I have been playing since day 1. This was my first MMO at the time so I really had no idea what I was getting myself into... literally. My first character was a night elf hunter. There were people EVERYWHERE, and there was no shortage on xxLegolasxx-esque named players. I really had no idea how to play. Lots of people were talking in the general chat and I wanted to get involved with the conversation so I was trying to communicate with them through /say... lol. I remember completing a few quests then I got this urge to explore the world... I ended up being pummeled by level 6 mobs and quickly deleting the character in fear. I really felt like I was apart of a living breathing world with millions of people that lived on it. Prior to that, I had never experienced that before. I then leveled a Tauren Warrior to roughly 40... this is when I made my venture into SM to tank. I didn't have defensive stance nor did I have any clue on how to get it. This is when you needed to do the quests to get it. The group scolded me for not being in defensive stance, I got upset, logged off, and never logged back in. This is when I discovered the mighty rogue. I quickly fell in love with the play style.. the advantage of being in stealth, being able to watch other players without being able to see me (god, I kind of sound like a peeper).

I played that rogue to 60 and loved every second of it. I remember when they introduced the PVP system and riding around STV with a group of friends ganking everyone in sight... then hillsbrad pvp came to be... and there I stayed for weeks. Logging out there at night only to log back in after I got out of school. I can go into so much more detail on my experience in WoW, but do you guys really want to read that? I think you get it : ) I love WoW!

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this. http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1888 ... 000719.jpg

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave? Retrospect. I want to leave because they're disorganized, people are only concerned with their own agendas, and lastly I don't see them going very far. What they do is progress as far as they can in 25man then disband the raid and reinvite the "inner circle of raiders" to finish the content. I feel like I'm being slapped in the face when they do this. Also because of that, it really destroys any feel of unity to the guild. I don't feel apart of a group of people working towards the same goal, I feel like a body to be thrown at bosses.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.Alright. I have been an extensive raider throughout WoW's history. I first played on Mal'Ganis on the alliance back in the day. I had joined a guild and we were making progress on Onyxia daily. Finally, after people finally grasped how to kill the adds and spread during her flame breath we downed her. One of the happiest moments in WoW was killing Onyxia and receiving the first bloodfang hood on the server (for the alliance, horde were 20 steps ahead of us). Killing Onyxia was what hooked me on raiding. Progressing on content with the same group of people daily was so fun for me. Who cares about wipes when you got 2% closer to killing a boss.

ps; God, I remember the epicness of 400 people fighting for the tap Azergous... finally getting the tap on her, getting her to 2% while fending off horde, and having the server crash. Yay! : )

Vanilla - Onyxia, MC, BWL, Kazzak, Azergous, ZG, AQ20, AQ40 (C'thun = best raid encounter), 6 bosses down in the OG Naxxaramas.
BC (the expansion I least played... I regret missing so much raid content!) - Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's, Magtheridon, Doomwalker, Kazak 2.0, SSC, Kael'Thalas. I killed the first two in BT and none of SWP ;_;
WOTLK - Onyxia 2.0, Naxx, OS, RS, ICC, VOA, TOC, EOE, and most of Ulduar.

Shortly after hitting 85 I quit... mainly due to the fact how retarded pugs were and that they couldn't function as a group to down heroics. I only started playing again a month ago, but in that time span I have done.

5/6 BWD, 3/4 BOT, 1/2 TO4W

Personal InformationMy names Taso, I'm a guy, and I'm 20 years old.

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?I'm a greek college student majoring in Computer Science. I am currently unemployed ;_;. I would consider myself a hardcore gamer (fuck casuals:) and have been gaming for years. My passion for gaming started when I was in middle school. My brother gave me a dollar to go to a newly opened internet cafe and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was introduced to Counter-Strike by a group of friends and immediately fell in love with it; i stayed at the cafe for hours on end. The most time I spent there in for one session was 16 hours. Unfortunately, the price per hour began to rise. Some good came out of this though, it had caused me to pick up a boxed version of Counter-Strike to play on the family computer (which ran on Windows ME... DEAR GOD, THE BSODs). This was the start of my love for PC gaming.

Other games I play currently: (doesn't include games I have played and love)
Bad Company 2
Team Fortress 2
League of Legends (came from DOTA)
Counter-Strike

Oh, lastly, I live for the lulz.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?I believe I covered this earlier, but I will again. I love raiding because I love working as a group with a common goal in mind, downing some bosses and collectin' the booty. I love progression and I have no problem wiping while learning content. Honestly! I remember AQ40 raids... 4-5 days a week, 7 hours a night, wiping constantly. Sure, it got frustrating at times, but as soon as we downed a boss... we were all rewarded. What keeps me playing? God, lots of things. Raid content, alts, PVP... the game has got me by the balls.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?Absolutely. Classes start again in September, but I take them all early on so I have the rest of the day off. I also don't take classes on Monday. I can assure you I'll be there for every raid :) Bring on Fire Lands progression!

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality? Incredible raid attendance, a positive attitude towards progression, an extensive knowledge of the rogue class, and some lulz :)

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?Absolutely. It's what turns boys into men, and men into raiders.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.netCurrently gaming on a laptop. Specs are: AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M500 2.2 GHZ; 4GB ram; ATi 4560; Windows 7.

Currently playing with everything on high settings besides shadows and the new water effects.

What is the best way to contact you?

Tell us a joke!How about an image? I wish I could have found a better one, but I guess this works.

/shakes fist at lady gaga

edit: holy shit, this is long!

Post subject: Re: Pinksock the rogue
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:10 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

At first I thought this was Mikey (HealinJulio) but then I realized im pretty sure hes in the army now and not playing a rogue

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:24 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Heya,

While I'm not an expert on rogue itemization I think your gear looks to be done fairly well. You
put some decent effort into writing a lengthy app and covered all the questions so that's a plus!

Gonna go ahead and say send an officer a tell in game for an invite.

P.S. are you a feeder like Fabini?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:29 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Things I see that are missing:
-reputation on therazane and ramkahen. Those 2 enchants are a nice boost, and should be something you want to knock down quickly as possible
-your DPS screen cap was only for what seems like the first 30 - 45 sec. End of fight cap would have been more informative
-gear needs work, and with all these 378+ilvl freebie floating about, it just takes little bit of effort to get better decoration for your toon

But you did put effort into the application. Can't see how much dedication you have towards progression nor how competent of a rogue you are through words.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:38 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:06 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

See if you can catch me or another officer during a non-raid time.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]