[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Shockcollar - 85 Protection/Fury Warrior

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:08 pm 

Character Information
Name: Shockcollar
Main/Off-spec: Protection/Fury
Days played: 62

Armory Link:

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I enjoy the variety of abilities a warrior has at its disposal, from short-cd "help me" skills to the long-cd "oh shit" buttons, along with the mobility I have for numerous encounters. I created my warrior during WotLK, although it did not become a main character until Cata. I have tanked on all classes, have raid healed on all classes and fulfilled the role of dps on all classes in a raid. Specific situations, there have not been many as of yet as my warrior is still relatively young, but i've had a few situations where I have had to pop cd's and kite (using heroic leap, intervene and if adds are present, charge/intercept) to let the dps finish off a boss, or using intervene on another raid member to lessen damage they are going to take.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
Yes and yes. My offtank during BoT/BWD was a druid with a resto offspec, so I dps'd on V&T, Al'akir and Atramedes.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
I do not play any of my other characters actively, as I don't have the time nor will to go through everything on them, however I do play them from time to time. I have an 85 shaman, DK, Warlock, Druid, Paladin and Rogue.

Please provide a UI screenshot.

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
I haven't really used WoL, but I screened recount after about 6 minutes on a parry-happy raiding dummy.

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
I've been a part of a lot of raiding guilds, but only a few which I actually raided with. I was initially a member of Centurion Guard, which folded. The first guild I really raided with was Brethren back during BC, which I left to find a real raiding spot, as well as Forgotten Prophets which I left for personal reasons. I was an officer in a small guild called When Darkness Falls, which mostly just raided Kara and ZA, until we moved on to Dude It's a Game, which I left because I did not agree with the way the guild was ran, how raids were set up, etc. During WotLK I raided in Lessons in Brutality (along with Abrana, Sallvation, Dawnforged and some of your other members), but I stopped raiding towards the end of Ulduar and did not raid again until I was in a Horde guild called Sap It n Tap It, where I cleared ICC. I left the Horde side at the beginning of Cata when a real life friend of mine offered me a spot in an Alliance raiding guild, which I accepted as Sap It was heading in a pure pvp direction. I've been with Tempest (now known as the Planeteers) since then, but the guild has recently fallen apart and I am still looking to raid.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
I started playing WoW at the tail end of Vanilla, playing a Paladin (which, in my noobishness, I was absolutely terrible at), the only content I experienced was a few bosses in Molten Core. During BC I tanked as a Prot Paladin and a Feral Druid though content up to SSC/TK, when I cancelled my account. I healed and dps'd during Naxx and ulduar on a balance/resto druid, returning to tank during ICC on my Paladin which I cleared all of normal and all but 3 heroic mode fights. I've tanked all content in Cata, my guild was 12/12, working on heroics which never panned out.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
My name is Joe, I am 28 and an Irish and Gothic Literature major with a Bachelors degree in SBS Education. I live in the midwest, a barren/frozen wasteland where there isn't a whole lot to do. I play a lot of games; i've long been a fan of the Final Fantasy series (my first RPG was the original FF), FPS games (Call of Duty, Gears of War etc) and RTS.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
The challenge, the desire to push forward and overcome whatever obstacle may lay before me (figuring out mechanics, seeing new content etc). I keep playing because the game is fun, I still have a lot of friends who play it and I have made quite a few in the process.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
It does work for me. My weeknights are pretty dead due to having to wake up at 6am local time for work, which I am done with at 5:30 server. I work for the City I live in, no nights and overtime is extremely rare. I make good use of the time I am not raiding for completing any papers that need to be written for any of my classes.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
I am competent and I do not miss raids, unless it is absolutely unavoidable. I know my class, both prot and dps, and can fulfill both roles.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
I'm an English major, I endure harsh constructive criticism all the time.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
AMD Phenom II QuadCore 3.00ghz, 4gb DDR3 RAM, MSI/GeForce 550 GTX Ti

I do not experience the myriad of DC's that a lot of people seem to despite the fact that I haven't upgraded my DSL in a long time, I also do not experience the lag that most people complain about.

What is the best way to contact you?
In-game on Shockcollar or my email address sidjeha@hotmail.com

Tell us a joke!
What's the difference between a Mexican and a bench? A bench can support a family.
(nothing against Mexican's, one told me that.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:03 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Were you the guy I talked to in vent with Zhoa??? I honestly can't remember.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:16 pm 

No, I was urged to apply by Sallvation. I have not spoken to anyone else as of yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Ew it's you.

But yeah, good player yeah yeah not just saying that coz he's my friend. Solid at playing both specs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:52 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Warrior tank ... friend of Sallv ... I do have a question for you : Will you vanish into thin air a couple months after raiding?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:02 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:06 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Don't suck.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]