[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Normajeean-Resto Shaman

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Normajeean-Resto Shaman
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:37 am 

Character Information
Toon: Normajeean
My Name: Antonio M.

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ean/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I started my shaman in Wrath just so I could dual box and keep my interest in wow. I played a priest and liked healing on a priest, then came cata and I didn't have my priest anymore so I figured how about I level my shaman and go resto with her. So just a few months ago (late April) I leveled my shaman to 85 and haven't stopped with her. I get such a rush from healing, IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME!

Two examples of situations in where I shined...hmmm since I still consider Norma a baby I really only have one. I got picked up by Konami to do a Cho'gall Kill (before nerf) I remember being in the third phase and sweating over peoples health, when the right time hit I dropped Spirit link and to this day I still think that if it hadn't been for me dropping spirit link when I did we would of whipped and wouldn't have killed him that day.
I do have a second situation that happened on my hunter back in BC when we were fighting Illidan, it was the last phase, I remember all but one mage died (my buddy Zmaj) and he couldn't handle the fiends after Parasitic Shadowfiend ticked. I jumped into action and doing everything in my power to help him kill them and keep them away from the raid.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
I do have an Elemental offspec, I feel so out of the loop because my main focus is to heal. I can pull my weight but I also wouldn't be the first one to step up to dps. :)

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
At the moment I only play my warrior (Myomy, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... omy/simple)

Please provide a UI screenshot.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/m ... 201147.jpg

Experience
Vanilla: Hunter - MC, BWL, ZG, AQ10, Ony

BC: Hunter - Kara, Gruuls, Mag, SCC, TK, MH, BT. Sunwell (up to Alythess & Lady Sacrolash)
Warrior and Priest - Kara, Gruuls, Mag

Wrath: Warrior - VoA, Nax, OS, Uld, Ony, ToC, ICC, RS

Cata: Warrior - BH, Bot, BWD
Shaman - BH, Bot, BWD, ToFW

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/m ... 201147.jpg

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
I came from Arathor to raid with some real life friends. Before I transferred I was told that they were already reading and that since I was in a guild that was no longer raiding and I wanted to keep raiding I came over with my friends. When I transferred over I joined them in IWREASTLEDABEARONCE, when I joined they weren't raiding and all I wanted to do was raid so I stuck it out for a few months to help them get something going. Things took too long so I started grouping with Konami and shortly after grouping with them I was asked to join. The reason I'm looking for a new home is because they don't see the guild doing 25m content.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
When I raided with my hunter in Vanilla I cleared MC, ZG, Ony, BWL, and AQ10. I also raided with my hunter as my main in BT and did a full clear of all the content up to Sunwell were I only got to Alythess & Lady Sacrolash. I took a break in Wrath and came back and played my Warrior as my main and cleared VoA, Nax, OS, Uld, Ony, ToC, ICC, and RS. In Cata I've done everything up to firelands on my shaman and on my warrior ive done everything buy ToFW and Firelands.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
My name is Antonio and I LOVE BACON. I work for Best Buy (I work for the district so you will never see me selling anything). I play Rugby and I love the sport more than anything...wait, I love woman a lot...haha. I'm very easy going and love to have fun. I'm a Christian and listen to Christian metal and other metal...I like long walks on the beach and a nice romantic dinner... wait, will I get a date out of this? Ignore it if I wont... :) there I go having fun.
I have a 360 and I like to get on and own on MW2 and now Black Ops. not so much as I use to but I still like to dabble here and there.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
I like to work in a team. I feel that when I'm not playing rugby I need to keep busy by doing some sort of teamwork. I like to know that if it's not for me doing my part the job can't get done.
Ten bucks a month is what keeps me playing this game lol, that and working hard with people to see the end game content.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
It works great, I don't go to school and well there is a catch starting July 31st I start working nights. I can still make the raids but depending where I'm working I will have to leave anywhere from 15min to an hour early.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
Other than my great personality, positive attitude (ask Dëk and Zhoa they know me :D ). I feel that my hunger for progression and knowledge of my class (I live on the forums always trying to improve my style of play) would be a great asset to the guild.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
I've played sports all the way from High School until today (12 years and counting) I'm sure I can handle someone calling me out or pulling me aside and say, "hey you need to do this or work on that"

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
At the moment I'm playing on an HP notebook AMD Turion x2 (this is only temp) I've had to do some repairs on my custom PC. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1396554438.png

What is the best way to contact you?
In game or by calling me but I'm not giving my number away just yet :D

Tell us a joke!
I have gf aggro I gtg...you think I'm kidding...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:57 am 

A real nice guy, a lot of potential, still a few things to learn, but none the less a decent Shaman..
I've raided with him a bit from Konami, he's great with constructive criticism and is a GREAT team player.

-Zhoaaaaaaaa .. The "New Paladin" :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:32 am 
Things to note:

1) You need more haste for HoT breakpoints. Get over 930

2) Do you have any other trinkets? CoR really REALLY sucks

3) With the crit change and our Resurgence talent rework, AA is worth more point for point than BoTE

4) Get the int enchant for your bracers, no excuse there.

5) Some of the socket bonuses you're going out of your way to obtain are a waste. If you can please point them out in your reply.

6) Did you take the time to proofread your application?

7) Bonus points for loving bacon =]

Um that's all I can think of for now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:48 am 

1) You need more haste for HoT breakpoints. Get over 930
Actually I just reworked all of my gems and and reforged all my gear out of haste. I use to be really big on haste and sprit. I swapped all my gems for Int and reforged back into mastery, in doing so I have seen a 3k has increase.

2) Do you have any other trinkets? CoR really REALLY sucks
I have Witching's hourglass and I'm working on getting the trinket from Baradin's Wardens rep.

3) With the crit change and our Resurgence talent rework, AA is worth more point for point than BoTE
I haven't really seen much of a jump in AA. I've noticed that I'm only doing an average of 3% - 6% with AA in 10m and 1.5% - 4% in 25m. And on average Earthliving is healing for almost 6% in my raids. I just respeced and haven't tried my new spec out.

4) Get the int enchant for your bracers, no excuse there.
My mistake of not looking into it, the enchanter I go to does not have it so I figured that there wasn't one. :( I will get it asap when I get home from work.

5) Some of the socket bonuses you're going out of your way to obtain are a waste. If you can please point them out in your reply.
To be honest the socket bonuses that bug me and that I see aren't really needed are the +10 haste on my belt and +10 spirit on my shoulders.

6) Did you take the time to proofread your application?.
If you are referring to my spelling and grammar, I already know I'm garbage at it. Sad yes! I have my girl friend read over all my work, shes the English major and I'm the math nerd :D . If you're talking about something else that I missed I spent close to two hours making sure I answered everything to the best of my ability.

7) Bonus points for loving bacon =]
Right bacon is awesome. Did you know there is bacon flave ice cream? or Bacon chocolate cake...I LOVE BACON...not just in the mornings or my burgers. I love it in everything. Try chocolate covered bacon. Just saying. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:20 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

lets try that guy out

tj you back for good?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:48 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:58 pm 

i love the way you describe bacon, you may have put this in your app somewhere and i missed it but where abouts do u live?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:54 pm 

@ Abrana - Does this mean I get a trail run? :?: Im kinda blond (not really) but yeah I sometimes think like one.

@ Figigglyworm - Im from So-Cal I live in the San Diego area.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:13 pm 

good healer i say we give him a shot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:05 pm 
His answers to my questions make me question his knowledge of the class but in the end it isn't my call so.......

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:48 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:03 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I say we give him a shot. Find an officer ingame.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]