Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Valarûne, Holy Paladin
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:28 pm 

Valarûne, Holy Paladin (Retribution offspec)

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... sher/Valarûne/simple

I love playing paladins because of all the awesome tools they can use in a fight, from immunity to awesome healing cooldowns and situational spells that help with threat management and movement. I've been playing this toon since I started playing in late WotLK (last year's August). I'm experienced playing all specs on my paladin and consider myself very capable in all of them. I also have a 85 hunter as an alt, which has helped me to improve my positional awareness while on range. As a holy paladin, I think I'm very good at managing my mana, trying to end the fight spending as much of it as possible while not going oom in awkward spots, also I tend to die very rarely by standing in bad stuff.

As for my offspecs, I have 4 different sets of gear. I have PvE retribution gear (362 equipped ilvl), PvE protection gear (356 or so) and PvP retribution gear (3600 resil). I'm very capable in all of them and knowledgeable in the theorycrafting related to each on of them.

Lately I only play my hunter alt to get valor and orbs, since I've lost interest in it since my ret spec started doing more damage.

Experience

Full normal ICC - (Heroic later on when overgearing it)
12/12 T11 raids plus H-Halfus 10
Shannox down to 10% ( D= ) on current content

I easily pull 11khps sustained on a 25man raid, with higher burst when the situation demands it.

I'm a former member of Destruction. Left recently due to differences with the guild leader.

Personal Information

My name is Rolando Díaz, I'm from Venezuela, 21yrs old. I study last year of Pure Physics and I'm a gamer at heart. I also enjoy playing LoL with my friends, Terraria, Team Fortress 2, pen & paper D&D, among others.

I love raiding because of the companionship feel it creates on a well bonded group, and the rush that downing a new boss always brings. I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of the game, from casual pvp to achievement farming, there is always something I can do when I log into the game.

As for the raid schedules, I'm ok with whatever they are, as long as I can get an early warning, since I'm on vacation. I tend to raid from different places, be it at a friend's house or my office at the University, since my house's network is plain shitty. When I start the new semester in late september, I might have to miss some raids.

To the guild, I can contribute a good solid raider, with creativity and quick wits, ready to accept advice at all times and willing to offer new ideas when needed.

I raid from a HP Pavilion Core2 Duo 1,83GHz, 3GB Ram, Geforce 8400M GS. I run the game at low quality, probably getting a new machine sometime in the future. As for my network connection, I'm in a bad zone. As I said before, I raid from different places, so linking a speedtest won't make much sense. In a good day, I'm at 150-250ms. There will be bad days tho, and I won't take it the wrong way if I get kicked from a raid for it.

Easier way to contact me, PM ingame.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:37 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Did we miss this one? :(

Bumping it so that someone who dps's/heals sees

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:59 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I blame Fleas for missing it. FABINI AND KUMO and the other healers take a look at this.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:40 pm 
Looking at your app, you say you have a decent tanking set. Bascially we have about 4 solid holy paladins currently raiding with us. So with that said I have a few questions for you.

Do you have experience Raid tanking?

Are you a vocal tank? (Meaning you call things out such as when you are using cooldowns and when you need cooldowns)

If asked to swap to Prot/ret in the meantime would you still be interested in raiding with immo?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:42 pm 

As for my experience as a raid tank, I tanked for about a month on ICC progression, so I know the basics of taunting, kiting and positioning. That said, I haven't tanked any of the T11 or T12 bosses, so I would have to basically improvise with the basis of what I've seen my tanks do.

I'm a vocal healer at least, but since I come from a very laid back (as in sloppy) raid group, I'm not used to yelling much more than 'Searing flame in 5 seconds!' or 'I need an Innervate'. If required I can start calling when I'm using DP, GoAK or DF, I have no problem with that. Same with tanking CDs.

As for switching to prot/ret, I wouldn't love it. If you want me MS ret, I'm ok with that. Then again, if that's what you need I could try it for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:27 pm 
It would be mainspec Prot / off ret *(May be playing ret more often than not, unless we need you for fights with alot of adds. Like Beth'tilac for example. )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:33 pm 

Out of curiosity, what would be the difference between being mainspec prot or mainspec ret in the case I end up being ret most of the time? Loot priority?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:40 pm 
yeah, mainly loot. You kinda get screwed over on the fact that you wont be "Always Tanking, nor always ret" So our main Plate DPS > you in loot and our main tanks > You in loot
*MOST OF THE TIME*
now we do loot council and we usually give it to the person who its the biggest upgrade to / impact to improving the raid. So going mainspec tank and just dps when we dont need you would be your best option.

We already have 2 very good ret paladins :( So getting a raidspot over them isnt going to happen unless you are in there to tank or one of them is missing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:44 pm 

Seems like I'm in a sucky spot then. I'll think about it. In the case I accept being mainspec prot would I get the invite right away? In the case I do should I pst someone?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:42 pm 
Yeah if you dont mind being mainspec prot, send any officer a pm ingame. Tonight you may not see alot of us online since everything is cleared but otherwise tomorrow night ill be on after work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:29 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I like healers who show up. If you show up and can heal and not suck then you have a spot.

I invited him because I want to stack the guild and kick the worthless.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]