[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - dannyNergy 85 Survival/Marksman Hunter

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:26 pm 

Character Information

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... y/advanced

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I enjoy the variety of aspects with my class and the learning curve it takes to be a mediocre damage per second raider, to an all out multipurpose essential raider. In player vs environment, I am always thinking of new ways to improve the raids overall standing. I switch my spec's often for better adaption on certain boss fights. I use every spell I have including racial's "Gift of the Narru" to make sure I am doing all that I can as a hunter. I use three focus macros for misdirect, 1 for the main tank, 1 for the off tank, and another for my pet tank for turtle/kiting purposes. I have been playing a ton of pvp recently, and its rubbing off on my raiding awareness. I have been using disengage + jump shot for hopping over "fire" during fights instead of stopping my damage and running in a maze. I have stopped keeping my pets growl off during fights, I use a macro to toggle it during a fight to ensure my pet is nuking as hard as it can. In short, I have been putting lots of time into becoming a better player/hunter. I just started playing cataclysm content about two 1/2 months ago, and I have excelled in pve this content/patch really fast.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
Yes, I do about 20-25k without popping rapid fire on boss fights with Survival
I do about 22-27k while popping rapid fire/Readiness on boss fights with Marksman
I also swap out a couple agility gems for stamina during new boss fights if I'm squishy

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
None at the moment

Please provide a UI screenshot.

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
http://www.tentonhammer.com/playerscore ... r/91228526

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
Actually in vanilla days I was in this guild during molten core. I believe I was there the day we downed it all for the first time. I had my old rogue in immortality back then, his name is "Felthron".

I then started playing with axiom for a bit, doing Naxx repeats, and a ton of battlegrounds, when ques were first born.

I didn't get into this game quite like I am today however until this last return. I joined Retrospect and did BwD/BoT/TotfW content and learned all the fights in a couple days. They got crowded though and some of them are really immature and hard to raid with "ie, spamming vent during a boss fight, singing, stupid annoying shit like that"

I then found a guild I thought was gonna be a keeper but about a month in, I really started to see the obvious, and knew I was way to active & dedicated to be in a semi serious pve progression guild. Been two weeks since we attempted a boss in Fire lands. Guilds name is "Appetite for Destruction" Nothing against them, great group of players & people, just too inactive for my tastes.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
^^ last section had experience

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
I played counter strike professionally for about 12-13 years. I played under the alias "esperz1nski" and "esper" I am known around the globe for my achievements in that game.
Link - http://www.gotfrag.com/portal/user/172840/

I really enjoy Starcraft 2 as well. I am always down to play 2's 3's 4's during off time, or just to play.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
I like the feeling of accomplishment in raid progression, seriously that's the greatest feeling.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
That works almost perfectly with my schedule for raiding.
Sun - 6pm TILL Fri - 5pm "Girlfriend gets me most weekends"

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Is that not 75 percent of raiding anyways?

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
Quad Core Phenom 9100 [processor]
8.0 Gigs DDR3 [memory]
1.5 TB Hard Drive Space [space]
GeForce GTS 250 [graphics]
26" Blu Ray Samsung LED [monitor]
Steel Series - 7H USB 3.0 [headset]
Steel Series - Sudden Attack Akira [mouse]
Steel Series - Meet Your Maker Pad [mouse surface]

What is the best way to contact you?
Ingame, /tell dannynergy [main]
/tell dannycombos [alt/banker]

Tell us a joke!

There was once a snail who was sick and tired of his reputation for being so slow. He decided to get some fast wheels to make up the difference. After shopping around a while, he decided that the Datson 240-Z was the car to get. So the snail goes to the nearest Datsun dealer and says he wants to buy the 240-Z, but he wants it repainted "240-S".

The dealer asks, "Why 'S'?"

The snail replies, "'S' stands for snail. I want everybody who sees me roaring past to know who's driving."

Well, the dealer doesn't want to lose the unique opportunity to sell a car to a snail, so he agrees to have the car repainted for a small fee.

The snail gets his new car and spent the rest of his days roaring happily down the highway at top speed. And whenever anyone would see him zooming by, they'd say "Wow! Look at that S-car go!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:54 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Congrats on the lame snail joke.

I do not remember you from MC, you must have either been forgettable or terrible we only kept the best. Your DPS numbers for your respective specs look a little high for your gear. Basically I call bullshit, prove me wrong. If you were to join I would scrutinize your every move and be your biggest critic. I hold hunters to a very high standard, You have to earn the right to slack off a little on occasion and be declared a true Immo hunter.

A few things based on your gear on the armory (I assume this is your PvE gear).
1. You are WAY over hit cap, WTF m8?
2. Your Marks spec is wrong and its sad.
3. You gemmed resil in your shoulders???????
4. Darkmoon Card Hurricane...Really?
5. Grats on the cheap scope you put on your XBow. Mine is the same atm, but I'm at least waiting to get a Firelands weapon.
6. For raiding and "excelling" in PvE content your gear is mediocre at best.

Have a lovely evening, time for me to hit the bars.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:50 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Maybe your DPS numbers are right ... when you feel like tunnel-visionning. I remember you from BH and I remember you being a terrible player on Occu'thar who had either no idea what to do or the unwillingness to do a fight correctly resulting in wipes/sketchy attempts.

We'll see what you will answer on Dante's questions, but you aren't starting well in my books.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:11 pm 

I like how he is "known around the world" from CS:S yet, none of the teams you were on were note-able, nor have I ever even... heard of or.. about.. you.. :oops:

I say no cuz he liez.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:28 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:18 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Its just a troll app.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]