Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Information

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ian/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I decided to play a druid because i was looking for a healer and since I played a priest in another server (not for long) I picked this to try something new and i also liked the idea that druids can do almost every role in the game. I enjoy (for reasons I dont really understand) playing support characters, sometimes in the form of a mage that has just the right spell for every situation, others a buffer or protector and sometimes a healer. Fortunately with Eldurian I get to do a bit of everyone of them.
I started on this server about a year ago but only played for about a month. Then 4 month ago I joined the group of friends with whom I started.
As I mentioned before I've played a priest in another server and here I gave 2 alts a lvl 50 mage and a lvl 69 DK.
Regarding other specs, I leveled for a while with feral (cat) but i;ve never played it since i'm 85.
2 examples:
-I've noticed i'm quite good at healing in bad situations, somehow when people panic I focus and I considered it was a class feature, but i've been told that actually other healer classes are supposed to be better in that since they have better instant and/or direct heals
-I'm quite good in loooooong fights, I manage my mana relatively good and when fights are long I'm usually the last healer with mana. Don;t know if it's a gear thing thou

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
I'm decent with balance spec and i've been told recently that i do quite well for my gear. I do no however have a full gear for it, I was starting to work on getting one but with firelands i went back to gearing my main spec and a 378 resto part works way better for balance then a 359 dps oriented. still I was told you'd be needing my balance spec so i'll work in it.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
none, but my DK will get there soon

Please provide a UI screenshot.
added file

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
added file

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
I've been in Destruction since i came back to wow 4 month ago. I left (and my friends) for several reasons, but the 2 main problems were, first, that we felt the guild leader was holding the guild back keeping us in the old content and not listening to the opinions and desires of the guild members, even raiders and officers. And secondly some of my friends were being treated unfairly due to their absence from some raid nights even though they informed with time that they could not be there those nights because they were on their finals at the university and had projects to finish and deliver. We decided we didn't want to stay in a guild that demote's one of their officers (after over half a year of dedication to the guild) to plain member just because the guild leader acts as if the guild is he's personal playground.
sorry if i over-explained... i'm still a little touched.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
I've only raided as a lvl 85, i've done ICC, ICC Heroic, Onyxia's Lair, BoT, Halfus Heroic, BWD, TotFW
In Firelands I've battled shanox a few times, some with the guild and twice in a pug, but never downed him. Apart from that I've seen a few times all the learn to raid videos for the 10man versions of the fights and the 25man versions of the ones that dont it.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
My name is Sergio Silva. I'm 24yo, am a student and hope to soon dedicate my self to IT security.
I enjoy many games and have played a lot (ok not as much as a hardcore gamer, but i'd say that more the average) but to avoid making this extensive let's stick to the "near" present.
I play role playing games, DnD, Vampire, Mage among them. In computer games League of legends is the other one i'm playing. Apart from that I have a PS3, but lately wow is taking most of my gaming time.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
You get to work as a team and it's where healing is most challenging and I enjoy facing and defeating a challenge. And i guess that's also what keeps me playing the game, i get to play with my friends and see how we manage to beat the challenges bliz sets for us.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
with the way my schedule is right now yes, if anything changes i'd let you know with time

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
A solid dedicated raider willing to wipe 100 times if that's what's needed and to help the rest of the guild in whatever I'm able to.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
yup, i cant guarantee i'll be with a smile on my face, but I'm a rational person and as such I tend to listen carefully for any truth i everything i'm told.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
my stationary pc is: intel 2.4 quadcore, 8GB ram, 512mb Nvidia 8800, 1TB sata Harddisc.
laptop: alienware, intel 2.4 core2duo , 4GB ram, 512mb Nvidia 8700, 250 sata Harddisc.
don't know if you need any other details, ask if you do

internet conection is sometimes complicated, I know that i dont have problems with 10man's at home, but still for raid nights i either stay in campus, or go to a friend's or my dad's house.
internet in venezuela is crappy in general, but with time we've found the places to raid and so it sometimes even feels like a LAN party cause we end up raiding from the same place all.

What is the best way to contact you?
I'd say a phone call, but texting (sms, whatsapp, gtalk, or email) is a close second.

Tell us a joke!

why is seven called a cannibal number? because 7 8 9 xD

PS: I was recommended by Ryudra to apply here. I'm trying to join in group with Valarûne, Jepetto, Nyan, Paralitica, Panfilo and Nepheel

Attachments:
File comment: UI and me sitting on Arthas's leg
UI.jpg
UI.jpg [ 113.73 KiB | Viewed 3548 times ]
File comment: Dps with shaman totems and my own buffs
dps.jpg
dps.jpg [ 157.44 KiB | Viewed 3546 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:03 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Looks like a solid app. We saw your message in the guild recruitment tab and were hoping to speak to you, I guess someone got a hold of you after all. I'm sure some of our healers will have a few questions for you.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:03 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hey there Eludrian,

A well written app is always good to see. Just a few questions for you:

1) Your gear isn't all reforged to haste which is best for moonkin (aside from int of course). I'd guess it's due to mixing it with resto pieces as well. If so what is your next resto haste cap to aim for?

2) You're way over hit cap, why?

3) Is Soul Casket a trinket you use for resto too or just boomkin? What do you use for resto?

4) How do you feel about the balance changes so you can't stay in solar and spam sunfire/mushrooms?

5) Do resto druids need a tank or raid cd still or does tranq cover that now with a 3min cd?

6) Do you pvp at all?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:31 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1) Your gear isn't all reforged to haste which is best for moonkin (aside from int of course). I'd guess it's due to mixing it with resto pieces as well. If so what is your next resto haste cap to aim for?
yes, that's indeed the reason, i spent some time over the 2005 cap, but with the gear upgrades it became difficult to keep it up as better int and the sum of the other stats possible added up to better healing and longer mana sustain.
The next haste cap would be 1779, but i think it's hardly worth it, unless i manage to get back to over 2005.
On the other hand, for moonkin, I have 3 parts that I change when I switch and am looking to increase that into a full offspec gear, but i can only gain valor at a certain speed. Still I'll work into getting the justice and vendor parts the i can so that I can have an independent dps gear.

2) You're way over hit cap, why?
For the same reason of the last question, i have too much spirit. While I gather the moonkin gear that'll improve (as in not exceeding the cap)

3) Is Soul Casket a trinket you use for resto too or just boomkin? What do you use for resto?
I have the darkmoon card tsunami, fall of mortality, the alchemy trink and Soul Casket. I usually use tsunami and alchemy trink for resto, unless it's a long fight and i know mana might become an issue in which case i use tsunami and fall of mortality. For moonking I use Soul casket and alchemy trink.
I also have the moonwell chalice, but I still feel it would not be an improvement.

4) How do you feel about the balance changes so you can't stay in solar and spam sunfire/mushrooms?
I feel it's a shame because now you cant keep dps as high while moving as you could do before, but I dont feel it's as strong a nerf as i considered it when i read it first 'cause in usual occasions you get to stand still long enough to cast and you still do some dps while moving and i believe that blizzard did it to balance the fact that we where able to do sustained good dps moving around while other classes had difficulties in it.

5) Do resto druids need a tank or raid cd still or does tranq cover that now with a 3min cd?
Wouldn't know the difference with how it was before, I play since a couple days before 4.1 so for me it's "always" been 3min cd

6) Do you pvp at all?
yes, mostly this last month. I've won 4 rbg and lost 3 since this season started (ok i never played a rbg ever before so even though 4 is not much i'm happy with it xD) and i have a 3v3 arena rating of 192.
my pvp set is almost 3k resilence and resto oriented.
(actually because of my healing in 2 of those rbg the day before yesterday I got invited to Vindictive, and since they had invited Vala too they told us we could make a group app and join them, but after we talked it over we decided that if we are not going to make our own guild me are then going to join the best so we applied here xD)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]