Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:50 am 

Character Information

Armory Link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ica/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.

My history with wow is very long. I started as a druid, retired, then came back and forward for some years. I started to play seriously again a year ago. I saw the Death Knights idea and simply loved it. Healing and dpsing are two things that I love to do, and they combine to do some tanking? Genious. The DK's way of tanking is so different from the others tanks, a rollercoster of low/high health and cooldowns. You gotta love it.

I've noticed im pretty good when:
-Things are going wrong. Here is when DKs really shine. I have enough cooldowns to self sustain me for a somewhat long period, even on hard fights, while a healer gets brezed or things estabilize.
-Antimagic. Anti magic shield is easily my favorite spell. I love its versatility, and how it allows to remove stacks or prevent damage when other tanks cant do a thing. It really differentiates DK's from the rest.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?

I believe in "Practice makes perfect" phylosophy. Im pretty good as an Unholy DPS. However, and being honest, I'm a little undergeared right now, since I was main tank in my former guild, and never foresaw that I had to leave in such a rush. Should it be required I will work on my gear.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.

As much as I love WOW I'm in my last semester in college, so having an alt will really take too much time, and my performance with my main would decrease. So right now, I do not.

Please provide a UI screenshot.

Added file.

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

Again, I can post this if I'm absolutely required to. I pull around 13k sustained DPS. If this is an issue I will work to get the best gear I can manage and post the pic, however I'd really like to tank as much as possible.

PD: After reading some other applications, and seeing how much emphasis you mad on this question and the "do not skip" part I went and made the DPS test. Again this is with VERY SUB-OPTIMAL gear (two blues, one of them PVP and a tanking helm). However I was surprised to see that the DPS was a little higher than expected. The file is annexed. I had standard buffs (str food, kings, flask and drank a str pot).

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?

Well, this hits the spot. I was a member of Destruction until a week ago. It is not a really good guild, but i liked the people there and I spent most of my WOW life trying to help them progress. However recent problems with the guild leader, who was annoyed because I asked more progression and he could not heal a lvl 85 killing trash on Ashevale, caused me to got humiliated and because of it I left. My friends followed me (some even got gkicked just because the knew me) and here I am :)

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.

Full normal TOC, ICC (without Arthas).
Full normal BOT, BWD, BH, TOFW.
Heroic Halfus.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?

Mi name is Alberto Rodriguez, I live in Venezuela. I'm a computer engineering student, and want to develop videogames. I enjoy a lot of games, my favorites being the Metal Gear saga and the Mass Effect one. I also play pen and paper role-playing games and pretty much every game that I can get my hands on.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?

There is accomplishment in this game. Its hard for people that have not played it yet to understand, but the joy of getting the "Defender of a Shattered World" title, of watching that boss that kept you on your PC for the last 3 hours go down, is something yet to be felt.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?

As always, there is real life, and the future is by definition unknown. However, my actual situation allows me to play on those days. If something (either punctual or permanent) changes I will try to inform it as soon as possible.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?

I am a serious raider, that loves to help others, and to progress. I like not to surrender, and I am a quick and solid learner.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?

No pain, no gain.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net

I have an ASUS G50V.

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Po ... ifications

Speed test:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1402318668.png

Sometimes, I get some connection problems, but they are not usual, and should not hinder my performance.

What is the best way to contact you?

Ingame, by pm. Also if any other Venezuelan is online, whispering him may help.

Tell us a joke!

http://dan.hersam.com/uploads/mordor.gif

Extra

I am a member of the big group of Venezuelans doing a group application. I just finished a raid with some people from the guild, that (I think xD) can be consulted regarding my performance. We did Shannox and Beth.

Attachments:
File comment: UI screenshot.
WoWScrnShot_072611_010917.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072611_010917.jpg [ 230.37 KiB | Viewed 5964 times ]
File comment: DPS
WoWScrnShot_072611_035423.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072611_035423.jpg [ 249.56 KiB | Viewed 5963 times ]

Last edited by Paralitica on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:25 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Just so that you know I like the Peruvians better!!! But very well thought out app and I feel the desire to ask you some questions.

1. Why did you choose a Dranaei as your race?
2. PvP??? Why U No Like? (God I hate myself for writing like that)
3. What is your opinion of Achievement points?
4. What is your favorite fight all time? And why?
5. In 60000 characters or less (limit of the message body) explain what needs to be changed about the DK class, is it overpowered? if so how would you nerf it, is it underpowered? then how would you improve them?
6. You are standing on the steps of the Stormwind bank, which nostalgia weapon would you wield?
7. You are part of a group application, what if one of your friends does not make it? Does this impact your interest in Immortality?

Best of luck to you!

Stalyx

ps GIF's make terrible jokes! - So I will do one for you --
/g - Hey Guys, the reason Paralitica did not raid last night was because he organized a threesome......
/g - There were a couple of no shows, but overall he said it went well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 am 

1. Why did you choose a Dranaei as your race?
-I did not. I choose Draenei (~trollface xD)
-Chicks are super hot
-Gift of the Nauruu. More heals to a healing tank? Yes plz.

2. PvP??? Why U No Like? (God I hate myself for writing like that)
-This is a tricky one. I play a lot of PVP games, the most important being League of Legends. I guess I kind of dislike WOW PVP, but it is mainly based on ignorance. The gearing process have kept me with low expectations too. However, that is probably changing in the near future.

3. What is your opinion of Achievement points?
-Its a love/hate relationship. I love them, I feel they add so much to the game. I spent three days in Oggri fishing the stupid Ironjaw and when I actually did my bags were full, I lost it, and had to EFFING START AGAIN. So, I'm up for achievements. The sad part is that I really have to use my WOW time optimally because of college, and achievement hunting really takes its toll.

4. What is your favorite fight all time? And why?
Sindragosa's fight. The reason is kind of silly, but that fight's music is really one of a kind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqkTiq0K8l0

5. In 60000 characters or less (limit of the message body) explain what needs to be changed about the DK class, is it overpowered? if so how would you nerf it, is it underpowered? then how would you improve them?
-In 4.2 one of the less changed classes were the DKs. In my opinion they are very fine the way they are right now, and it seems Blizzard agrees too. If anything, I would like them to be a little more lore wise, its really awkward to see messages like "Welcome noble Death Knight. Want to buy some candy?".
However I do miss the old Death Strike that healed based on the damage done and not on damage received. And maybe, another disease would make things a little more interesting, because just having two feels a little straightforward.

6. You are standing on the steps of the Stormwind bank, which nostalgia weapon would you wield?
-A cliche perhaps, but I've always had a soft spot for the Twin Blades of Azzinoth. They really look incredible.

7. You are part of a group application, what if one of your friends does not make it? Does this impact your interest in Immortality?
-A hard question. It would, I will be honest. However this is, in my opinion, the best guild on the alliance and I have always wanted to be part of it, so that does not mean I would not join, just that some rough decision would have to be made. Also, every one of my friends is as good or better raider than I am, so i have plenty confidence that they will be accepted.

About my GIF. If that did not made you laugh then:
1 You have not seen The Lord of the Rings.
2 You are dead inside.

However:
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpre ... 700768.jpg
You're welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:07 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Damnit, whilst typing it I knew I was spelling Draenei wrong, was too lazy to check the spelling. You win this one. However, since we are being pedantic does your gift of the nauruuuuuuuuuuuu actually do anything :p

I have seen Lord of the Rings, and apparently I am dead inside...

I am sure one of our DK's will be here soon enough to eviscerate your application! However, I do appreciate the effort you have put in to your application and answers. Grats! You have impressed a non-raider!

Stalyx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:31 pm 

Hey, hey, I was not being pedantic, just douchy xDD.

The gift was not so cool when I started playing. However with the rework (that is it heals a percentage of total hp) it has become an useful cooldown. It is not EXCELENT but I do like the uses it has.

Dont worry, being dead inside is fine by me.

I thank thee for yer questions and good mojo.

Ps: DK's do not evicerate, those are rogues :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:27 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Log out in your tank gear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:17 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Sanc, this app is three weeks old, I asked about Para the other day and his friends said he was on a break. Good effort though!

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:56 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I think the best part was that he bumped the 3 week old DK app and ignored the new one haha.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]