[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Haruki - DPS DK (Frost)

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Haruki - DPS DK (Frost)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:29 pm 

Character Information
Haruki. Frost Death Knight (DPS). Human.
Armory Link:

Please note that this may show my tank set, since i've been catching up on my valor points for the week. My DPS set consists of all 359 gear, except for 2 pieces of 353 gear and the 378 t12 legs. Since this is rather dated, let me briefly explain. I have not had the chance to get into Firelands much since my guild (Forgotten Prophets) stopped raiding in March. Furthermore, I've been studying for, and taking, both the Patent Bar exam and the California State Bar Exam over the last several months. But that's all done with now, and I'm looking forward to getting back into the fun part of WoW - raiding.

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.

I have been playing this DK since the class was first introduced. I love playing it because Blizzard is continually making dramatic changes to the class, which keeps things fresh. While this is also true for other classes to some extent, in my experience, Death Knights get a lot more out of tweaking their mechanics than do many other classes.

While I am currently frost spec, I also have a blood spec for tanking. I have experimented with other dps specs, but none have been as fun as dual wield frost, and other specs almost never outperform it. On the rare occasion that another spec does better than Frost, the difference has not been enough to warrant a permanent change.

I played a warrior pre-WoTLK (since the second week of original WoW), but this is the only character I've played in end game content since that time. Focusing on this one class has allowed me to fine tune my play to a point that I find incredibly enjoyable.

As a death knight, I have a somewhat unique ability in Death Grip, so I am particularly useful in fights where this can come into play. I am also very good in situations that involve AoE kiting/dps, since I can spec into Chillblains as needed (e.g. Magmaw). And of course I usually perform quite well in any encounter that doesn't take the boss beyond melee range.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?

I have always had an off spec tank spec/set, but I don't raid with it much. Right now I'm currently fleshing out my off-spec set with Justice Point gear and pieces from the occasional BWD run.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.

I have no alts over 80 at this time.

Please provide a UI screenshot.

I have attached a screenshot below.

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

I just did a test on the raid dummy without any buffs except for Horn of Winter. I did 6013521 total damage over 6 minutes (~16.7k dps). Obliterate accounted for ~40%, Frost Strike for ~29%, Howling Blast for ~8%, melee for ~15%, and dots and plague strike made up for the rest.

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?

Crown. Great guild, but it broke up. I then joined Forgotten Prophets, but things fell apart in March and we stopped raiding.

While with FP, I played extensively with Trisun and Elbeejay who will both vouch for my ability.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.

I played in vanilla and raided MC. In BC I did not raid much. In Wrath i raided ICC heavily, but hit the other instances a fair amount as well.

Personal Information

My name is Steve and I'm a 33 year old patent attorney specializing in software patents. I currently live in Boston, but I just took the California bar exam and hope to practice out there eventually.

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?

In addition to playing WoW, I enjoy going to the gym, traveling, reading, and going out with friends. My drink of choice is scotch. I prefer Balvenie, but Highland Park comes in a close second. And of course I love beer as well. I do not play any other video games at this time and I haven't since Vanilla WoW was released. Oh, and I also enjoy taking long walks on the beach and romantic candle-lit dinners. Damnit, that's for my other posting...

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?

Raiding is where it's at. I enjoy WoW because of the teamwork component of the game, and raiding is where that really comes in to play.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?

This should work for me. My girlfriend is living on the west coast, so I have lots of free time as a result.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?

A mature, fun, and professional attitude, which I have honed over many, many, many, many, many years.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?

As long as the person isn't being an asshole; I get that enough at work. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with helpful, constructive criticism. In fact, its necessary.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net

I have a core 2 duo and GeForce 9600 GT. It's old, but it works great with my mediocre graphics settings. I have a 50 Mbps connection from Comcast, so it's blazing even at peak hours.

What is the best way to contact you?
Email probably.

Tell us a joke!

Well, this isn't exactly a joke, but the funniest thing I've read recently is Go The Fuck To Sleep (), which I just purchased for my friend who's about to have his first kid. It's good for a lot more laughs than I could ever provide.

Attachments:
Haruki_Screenshot.png
Haruki_Screenshot.png [ 233.18 KiB | Viewed 8229 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:47 pm 
Ur screenshot is very small, other than that. Im no expert in DK's so maybe veroz or Astro/Sanc might get in on this to evaluate gear. Although gear isnt make or break, i'd much rather have a solid player.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:07 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

He's a great guy that takes criticism very well and makes the necessary adjustments to become a better player. We raided together in Forgotten Prophets for the past year before I joined Immo.

Would be a good addition to the team, Good luck Haruki!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:50 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Anyone wanna comment on this? DK's?

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:49 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Haven't played my DK alt in a bit but everyone looks good as far as gemming, reforging and enchants go.

Few questions for you:

1) Why reforge haste as a priority over mastery?
2) The first tier of content had a few fights where frost dk's were ideal for kiting. How comfortable are you in this role?
3) If we suddenly find ourselves short a tank one night how confident are you to slap a two hander on and hit death strike?
4) Do you have to be told 5 times to eat the feast that's been put down?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:03 pm 

These are all very good questions, so let me address each in turn.

1) Haste vs. Mastery in my experience is a bit of a toss-up. I went with haste for two reasons. First, it seems more forgiving. If things go sideways and I find myself with all my runes down, I can set things straight more easily when I stack Haste. Secondly, more haste means more Killing Machine procs, which contributes significantly to my damage. Overall, Haste just seems to be slightly better than mastery and I haven't seen or heard any convincing evidence to the contrary.

2) I am perfectly comfortable kiting. I got the worm achievement on one of my earliest attempts on Magmaw.

3) I tank heroic ZA/ZG regularly (with pugs!) for valor points, so I'm about as comfortable with tanking as that will get me.

4) I'm always quick to eat when someone else is footing the bill!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:31 pm 

I'll review it after the raid. Quick look at gear tho looks properly gemmed/enchanted. Questioning a bit though on the pvp weps.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:33 pm 

Yeah, on the weps, i had absolutely terrible luck in BWD and BoT and nothing ever dropped. And they do more damage than the 353 stuff. And i didn't want to spend 8k (each one) to buy 359 weps that I will soon replace or 30k (each one) on the 378 axes. And the 365 axes didn't seem worth the money given the racial expertise bonus I would lose. So. yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:02 pm 
Did a few heroics with him, hungout in vent. Seems cool and has good awareness :) If you dont mind having to earn your spot, we have a solid setup of 6 melee atm. We would love to give you a shot. Give an officer a pm ingame.

Welcome to immo :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:48 pm 

Awesome man, thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]