Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bloodmourne - Frost DK
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:43 pm 

Character Information

Armory Link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced

I know I'm behind on gear but please don't judge me too much on that fact

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.

I enjoy this class because it was the first i got to end game and got to raid with, i have had him since the beginning of WoTLK ( i started playing a few months before it released), so i know him pretty well. The only other class i have os a paladin at 85 and i know his dos and tank spec, tank is his main spec. Where i shine is in the rhyolith fight i easily follow his legs and unload all my dos to help for a hard turn when needing one and i help him get to p2 quickly. Another situation is bale roc i don't need to be away from much, meaning no downtime on dos and when I'm taking the crystal i can pop anti magic shell to minimize the damage i take to help out the healers conserve mana.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?

i am competent in my unholy spec, the gear is the same, besides a 2h weapon which i have, i would just need to reforge some items if needed to play that spec.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.

My pally tank, but i might not switch him to alliance right away, money is tight.

Please provide a UI screenshot.
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... 194545.jpg

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/11753/

I know its not the best, which is why I'm trying to improve by moving to a more stable guild

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?

Im in destinys bane right now but most people don't show up for raid or leave right in the middle, people die to stupid stuff over and over which is hurting everyone. I want to be in a stable progression guild.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
Pre-WoTLK : none
WoTLK: Ulduar 10/25, ToC 10, ToGC25, ICC 10H, most 25H
Cata: 12/12 4.0 raids 10man, 3/12 10H, 4/7 firelands 25 man

Personal Information
name is Haven, 18 years old, male, lives in washington state, i am a big gamer.

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?

My name is Haven, I'm 18 years old, i play mainly wow but i enjoy playing xbox (CoD ftw) and ps3. I am a very fun person to play with on any game, i get along with most anyone pretty well i like to think.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?

I like to raid because it lets me get the best gear possible and experience the new content since it mostly PvE. I also like it because it's a challenge to get the new bosses down, to coordinate with the raid and interact with people over vent. It's overall what i most enjoy about playing WoW.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?

This does work for me, just when school starts there will be some days when i have a lot of homework to do i won't be able to raid, but i expect it to not bring me below and 85% attendance during raid days.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?

I believe i can bring another person who enjoys raiding and is relatively well at it, also another social people for those, like me, who play outside of raid time to do stuff with be it dailies or dungeons or what have you.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?

Absolutely, i know I'm not the best at the game, so any criticism, be it harsh or not, i have no problem listening and acting on it.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
Specs: 27" iMac with intel i7 core processor, amd radeon 4850 hd graphics card (soon to be updated), I'm not too computer savvy so any other specs you would like i can find out

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1431895116.png

What is the best way to contact you?

In game you can realid me at the email "fitbikesman@yahoo.com" or you can email me at the same email to set up a time to talk in vent, or whatever you would like

Tell us a joke!

You know you're addicted to WoW when you hear your microwave ding and you yell, "Grats!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

This app is terribly written, not exactly the best first impression.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:07 pm 

I apologize for that. In retrospect I was a little frantic in filling this out and I should've taken it more seriously. I hope you can try to look past that, if you can't I understand.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:49 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

DK's and such, check him out.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:22 pm 

I'm just a new DK here at Immortality, but since you asked, Dante, I thought I'd drop my two cents in. The following enchants and what not seem a bit off to me: (1) reforging to hit on your bracers when you're over the hit cap (why not mastery, or expertise?), (2) putting a haste enchant on your bracers instead of strength (strength is a Dk's best stat by FAR), and (3) putting mastery on your boots instead of haste.

Also the runes on the weapons don't seem quite right to me. They are definitely wrong for single target, and while they sorta make sense for an AOE encounter, it seems better to put Cinderglacier on your main hand instead of your off hand. Also, given your gear and the value of strength for DKs, I would probably have gemmed strength much more heavily than you did.

Can you explain your choices?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:44 pm 

Ok as to explain why i reforged to hit on my bracers was the fact that i needed hit at that point in time to be capped, i have now fixed that. i put haste on my bracers because my guild had the enchant when i got them not too long ago I'm getting the mats for the str enchant to change it. Same deal for the boots enchant i will change it. As for my weapons i put them back on in the wrong slot soul blade is my main hand and lava spine is off that is now fixed along with having razor ice on my main hand. I was trying if cinder glacier was better but its not. For my gems i am reevaluating which ones i can change to strength without forfeiting my other main stats.

*edit: i have changed all that you mentioned*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 pm 

Still a bunch of your stuff gemmed wrong, reforge is off. Your choice of 20 haste, 20 STR to make a meh socket bonus makes me a bit leery. Also the 20 mastery 20 hit in your helm also doesn't make much sense. Haste is an attractive stat but not nearly so much as STR. Anyways I'll link a website at the bottom you can use to help you properly gem and enchant based on spec/stat weight. As for recruiting we just picked up another Frost DK, I'm Frost, and Sanc has a Frost OS. I hate not having logs to look at but anyways good luck that's just my two cents.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/ ... dmourne#v1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:20 am 

i was unaware that those socket bonuses weren't that important, the gems you mentioned were the ones suggested for dk's to use but ill try them.

*im getting my 2 piece tier 12 tomorrow so check back then for those*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]