[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Lucretius - Rogue

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lucretius - Rogue
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:00 pm 

Character Information
Name: Lucretiuss (note there are 2 s's in the name since "Lucretius" was taken when I xferred here).
Level 85 Human Rogue. 450 JC/Ench

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... s/advanced

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I have tried every class, but rogue is just more fun. I guess I got used to the playstyle. Back when I played Diablo II I hated the rogue class, but when a friend of mine turned me onto WoW I had other reasons to roll a rogue. The character Lucretius was created in 1987 in my friend's basement playing D&D. Yep, I am both old and a nerd (not really......ok fine, yes).

Until this year I was mainly a raider. My 2s team just cracked 1500 rating though so, I've finally come into my own with the subtlety spec. And if you've never played one, I recommend trying it. It is a ton of fun. Shadowstep is very pro and there is nothing quite like owning a bad mage with a Shadow Dance.

That aside, I have done very well in the past with both Combat builds (probably at my best during my time at level 80 doing heroic XT or maybe earlier in the Gruul/Mag days), or Assassination builds (Throughout most of Ulduar, ToTGC, ICC and Cata).

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
Off-Spec gear is (mostly) irrelevant for a rogue. That said I do understand that certain builds require reforging/gemming differences. I started raiding Karazhan with S1 pvp weapons (LOL) as combat, and stayed that way until WOTLK Naxx. I have been running as Assassination for PvE for about 2 years I'd say simply because it was generally more effective than combat. Before that I was combat. I have tried HAT when that was considered the ultimate spec (pre nerfs), but I didn't really like it at the time. Now I'd try pretty much whatever works best.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
I have several toons on Turalyon (Horde), but here I have an 85 Druid as my only other 80+ alt. Right now I've been speccing him as Feral (Bear), and Resto off spec. I mostly use him right now as a backup tank and a skinner/herbalist. I have only been here (Skullcrusher) for about 3 months or so. On Turalyon I have an 80 mage, priest, and an 85 DK. The DK I was running as Frost (Tank)...which tells you how long its been since I've used him. I have 4 other toons on that server ranging from about level 40 to 80.

Please provide a UI screenshot.
You will have to forgive me here as I can't reduce the size of these images enough to post the link within this message, so I have provided links for you:

Here is a very old UI when I was running Naxx
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af3 ... 3250-1.jpg

Here was my UI when I was Horde. This was taken during the first night of the ICC patch I believe:
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af3 ... 2137-1.jpg

And here is my UI as of today...
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af3 ... 141839.jpg

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
When I was an officer I would punt an app that didn't have this. I am sorry but I dont have one. I transferred to this server because my girlfriend's brother in law plays here. The guild he is in (Appetite for Destruction) can't even kill FL content so suffice it to say they don't use logs. I used to be the one in The Nothing (Turalyon) and before that posted to world of logs myself, so I know why this is important. In Appetite for Destruction I'm usually in the top 2-3 DPS (even though my gear is shit, as you can likely see from the armory).

Here is a damage meter for you. No buffs, just doing a standard rotation. Keep in mind the following considerations:[b]
1. No food, no flask, no raid buffs at all.
2. My gear level is behind because my current guild is bad and can't even kill BoT content.
3. With an assassination build I cannot gain the maximum possible DPS on a training dummy because it wasn't below 35% health (when I would switch to backstab and my DPS would go up a lot).

[b]What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?

On Turalyon:
1) The Unholy Order (Karazhan) I left to join Meridian because they could'nt get groups to do anything other than Kara.
2). Meridian (Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair, SSC, TK in BC. In WOTLK-Naxx, OS and Malygos) I left these guys because although many friends were/are there, they just aren't good players. Its fun being the top DPS in your guild but it gets tiring after 2 months of wiping on Thaddius because people can't understand simple raid mechanics.
3). The Nothing (Ulduar to heroic Yogg - I think we got 2 lights before ToC came out, ToC Heroic to Anub, ICC to Lich King Heroic). All 25 mans. In Cata (BoT, TOT4W and BWD with some heroic modes down). I moved to Skullcrusher because The Nothing's core have either retired or will be switching to SWTOR, and because my gf's brother in law plays here.

Skullcrusher
1). A number of somewhat fail raids in BoT and BWD. 1 attempt on Al'Akir that ended badly, several FL rep runs and 1 Shannox kill. Although I have RL friend in this guild, and although I like the GL immensely, I just can't stay here. The guild is dead, and a good portion of the few people on here that log into raids are very bad.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
Although I prefer not to be raid leader, I have done it. I have been an active raider (except for maybe the past few months) since the Black Temple patch was released. In BC, by the time I hit 70 most raiders were starting Hyjal so I couldn't get into a good guild for gearing reasons. So I led a small, bad group and pugged healers and tanks in Shattrath for a few months in Karazhan. Eventually I got into a somewhat less fail situation and was able to complete my Tier 4 set. Just before the nerfs my guild got up to Lady Vashj. In WOTLK I cleared every boss in every difficulty level except heroic Anub and Heroic LK. I would have liked to clear them too. The one thing I'll say about The Nothing's raid leaders at the time was that they would rather spend their time farming gear than push the raid to the brink of collapse by bashing our heads on a very difficult encounter for more than say 2 weeks or so. It took us 80 wipes to get heroic 25 man Twin Valkyrs down, but we did it. So we pushed it, and were top 3 on the server but we didn't go completely hardcore. Right now my old guild is not actively raiding (partly why im here), but they would be at about 3/7 Heroic 25 man based on how they would usually do.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
I am a sales professional that works from home. I sell enterprise software and often have time to play WoW. I have played many games but since 2007 I have played WoW almost every day. I have tried Rift, Aeon etc... but didn't really get into them. I have played lots of Diablo I, II as well as games like Starcraft etc... I enjoy WoW more so this is where I spend my time.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
Severe addiction problems. LOL, well at least I can admit it right? All kidding aside, I enjoy the team environment of raiding. I also enjoy rated BGs, although with the guild I'm in I have to rely on pugs for that, which is usually bad. Its like playing on a championship sports team when you down a new boss in Heroic mode, especially if your guild is ranked highly on the server. Owning noobs is fun, strutting around SW with good gear or an impressive title is fun too. Right now because my guild is bad I do arena, rated bgs and farm bgs with a couple of friends for fun.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
I do not have a problem with this. The odd Wednesday I may be unavailable because that night my girlfriend is free so I like to do things with her. Other than that, I'm not a kid, so I don't attend school any longer.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
Fun, strong DPS and survivability. This toon is my main that I've been playing since before BC was launched. I can play any spec well, I can even raid as sub if needed (LOL). I hear combat is coming back so maybe that would be fun to try again, its been a long time since I was combat.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
As long as you're not a dickwad. Are you guys all dickwads? As long as you're not, I can handle any criticism. You can tell me I'm bad, you can tell me to do anything the raid needs, you can ask me to sit for others, you can pass gear to anyone over me if that is what makes sense for the raiding team. Just don't be a dickwad :D

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
I have a Core 2 Quad 2.67 4 CPUs, 4 gigs ram and a good radeon 4600 series card.

What is the best way to contact you?
Send an in-game message to Lucretiuss or send me a tell. My bank alt is Kewwybernita.

Tell us a joke!
I am not big on telling jokes but when I saw this on youtube I laughed for about a week. It's especially funny if you're familiar with Slayer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbNyO2eti2c

...oh and here's another thing that is both funny and fail. Take a look at my Naxx UI screenshot at what I have bound to my "4" key. Its supposed to be "Kick", but apparently I forgot to switch it back. Hahahaha

Post subject: Re: Lucretius - Rogue
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:26 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I must say I am impressed with the amount of time you put into this application. Kudos to you, it was well worth the read.

I am not realy knowledgeable on rogues in general so I will let the scrutinization to someone else. but I like what I see. Even though undergeared, it's not hard to gear someone up.

I cannot ask anyone right now to look at your app and stuff, but I'm pretty sure someone will get to you pretty quick.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:07 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

It's monday.. someone say something! BUMPAGE!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:09 am 

P.S. I know that running combat with 2 pvp daggers is pretty fail. I am remedying this situation today.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:06 pm 
Since i've started playing my Rogue again (havent touched him since BC) the dominant spec is Combat for MOST fights. It also depends on what the raid needs as far as the 4% dmg buff.

You really need to get a good mainhand since most of your dmg is white dmg, and make sure its very slow with a 1.4 offhand. The offhand from ZG is good, and the Mainhand sword you craft is decent until FL where if you did get accepted you would prob upgrade out of quickly.

I also noticed that you have 0 pieces of 378 Vendor gear, why is that? You should be able to run heroics and cap every week. You should already have 378 Gloves / Legs as that 2 piece is a significant upgrade to you.

A few questions for you, If i told you not to use Blade flurry for ANY boss you would be hitting a second target for ( For example Halfus hardmode) Would you not listen to me and do it anyways to top the meters on dmg?

How often do you miss kicks, if it was detrimental to a raid to interrupt something everytime, Could you do it with no mistakes and without losing a ton of dps?

We use loot council, is that an issue if we gave someone a piece of loot over you that you felt you deserved more than them?

How do you feel about Bacon?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:35 pm 
bacon strIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPSS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:24 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:58 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:14 pm 

done and done. Let me break the news to my GL. I owe him that much.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:21 pm 
Also, think about upgrading to the essence to the Darkmoon card Hurricane. (309 dps increase)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]