[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Heilend - Shadow/Holy Priest

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:33 pm 

Character Information

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... end/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.

I've been playing my priest since Vanilla, raiding mostly in TBC, and then just pugging/LFD since Wrath. I have always been Holy when raiding, but have been playing as Shadow during Cata. I enjoy healing, and that's why I've played a Priest.

Two Examples: I've been playing a Priest as my main since Vanilla, and I'm very thorough in researching boss kills prior to the event to understand mechanics, damage sources, etc.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?

I have never raided as Shadow, though I think I have a good understanding of the role and Spell Priority required for raiding as Shadow. I have shadow gear right now (2pc t11, 1pc t12) but most of it can be swapped to Holy with re-gemming/reforging/re-enchanting (except the tier pieces.)

I have a firm grasp on how to raid as Holy, but haven't really ever raided as disc though I am willing to learn.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.

I've been leveling my DK when not playing on my priest.

Please provide a UI screenshot.

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?

Last real raiding guild I was in was Legion of Trogdor on Lightining's Blade back in TBC. I left because the guild stopped raiding, then shortly after I took a break from WoW.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.

I did MC and a bit of BWL in vanilla, then raided heavily in TBC. My guild at the time (Bregen Daerth on Stormscale) was server first kills of Mag and Gruul, and furthest progressed. I cleared SC and TK, and Hyjal up to Archimonde. In Wrath, I did all of Naxx, ToC, parts of Uld and ICC up to Rotface. I haven't raided in Cata yet.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?

I'm 27, live south of Atlanta, and work in IT. I'd rather solve math problems than read a book. I enjoy RPG's and FPS's (Oblivion, Fallout, BFBC2). Lately I've been playing Dead Island and Warhammer 40K Space Marine. Can't wait for BF3, Skyrim, and Diablo 3 to come out.

I'm RL friends with Ethena, and he told me to app. We've known each other since grade school, and have raided together previously.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?

I enjoy the challenge of raiding, learning the mechanics, and problem solving. What really keeps me playing this game is the social aspect, and being able to interact with friends. RealID groups have been awesome, as I can now play with friends that I left behind on old servers.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?

Wed night is the only night I have other obligations. Other than that I'm free just about any time, though I work 8-5 Mon-Fri.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?

A good attitude, a willingness to participate, pull my weight, and help out when needed.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?

You have to in this world, and it only makes you better.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net

Core i7 950, HD5850, 6Gb Ram, Win7.

I have fast internets: Image

What is the best way to contact you?

Email (ike@g14nt.com)

Tell us a joke!

chown -R us /home/your/base

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:04 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I think he put time into the app and knows his priest class. Smart players are always good players in my mind. Seems to want to raid and always good to have more healers now that deathwing is comin up soon. I think he is worth a try. thats just me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 am 

While he hasn't raided hardly at all in Cata, Khando is right, he is a smart player who will learn quickly...and I'm not saying that just because he is a friend of mine. If you want a solid player who will be on time and do the research necessary, then this is your guy. Just needs to be geared up a bit.

P.S. I don't know if this makes any difference to you guys, but I caught him blowing a dude once - it is what it is...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:06 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I've been told it is my job to review your application. I'm sorry.

Anyways, I have definitely seen worse applications. I will just start with the important part. I have no problem bringing you on as a trial to see how you can do with some better gear. There are some improvements I would like to see you make first though. First, get your rep to max for the shoulder enchants. Since you have their tabard on at the moment I am going to assume that is already in progress.

Your talents for holy are off at the moment. The following talents are bad and you should not have them: Spirit of Redemption, State of Mind, and Desperate Prayer. What you should be picking up is Veiled Shadows and Test of Faith. I would drop a point in mental agility to be able to max those two out. You shadow spec is also messed up. Get rid of Paralysis, it is completely worthless, skipping over Veiled Shadows as a shadow priest is a pretty big failure.

Your 316 blue trinket is pretty bad, almost as bad as a hunter using a strength trinket. Farm the crap out of the holiday instance in till you can get those trinkets. Beyond that there is a lot of huge upgrades you can get by spending some gold. Like valor bracers, which you can easily get for 6k.

Since you have been out of the game for a bit, go read up on different forums on what you should be doing in raids. Check out the class forums on various websites, like mmo-champion, the official wow forums, elitist jerks, read everything you can about priests to make sure you know them in and out for every spec. Also read up on every boss fight and watch videos so we don't have to explain everything to you for every single boss fight. Make sure to know their hardmode components also. If you come on board it will be as a healer, as such if you could have a holy and a disc spec this would work best. Would that be an issue?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:47 pm 

I changed my holy spec around. I had SoR and DP for running heroics. I've replaced my trinket with the Brewfest trinket, and have been grinding rep with Therazane for the epic shoulder enchant.

I have no problem running with dual Holy/Disc specs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:48 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

At first I read "South Africa" as to where you live.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

message an officer for invite

Dante, Fleas, Ryudra, Veroz, Fabini, Mewotickle, Karizhyla

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]