[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Yemono - Affliction Warlock

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:52 am 

Character Information

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ono/simple

PLEASE NOTE: I am not currently on Skullcrusher, however I am transferring in on Friday.

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I started playing my warlock after I became bored on my hunter in WotLK. The reason I chose this class was specifically because of the lack of good warlocks out there, and because I have always enjoyed the DoT mechanic. As soon as I reached 80 in WotLK, I loved the class so much that I retired my BIS hunter right then, and switched mains. When Cataclysm launched, I knew that I wanted to play my warlock throughout the 4.x content, so that's what I have done.
I have played all of the warlock raiding specs, however I much prefer Affliction over any other spec, although I have played Demo at the start of Firelands because it was a better spec for the content. I prefer not to play Destruction if I have the choice not to, because honestly if I wanted to play Destro I'd have rolled a Mage.
I have experience playing DPS and Tank classes in the game, with a max level (Respective to expansion) Hunter, Rogue, Warrior, Mage and Warlock. My Hunter has been my best character as far as raw achievements go, as I have several Server First boss kills and "legit" Hardmode achievements from back in WotLK.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
Absolutely, although I prefer affliction as the main spec for my Warlock, I am always willing to change it up depending on nerfs, buffs, and other changes Blizzard has in store for this class.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
I'm currently playing my Hunter from my WotLK days. He is in ZA/ZG gear when he is used to being in top BIS gear :( but there is no way to get him into any real content because of the server I'm on. The server I am on with characters is pitiful, and Im looking to transfer all of them off asap.

Please provide a UI screenshot.
= actual size due to site 1000 pixel limit
Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

This was done completely self buffed without any raid buffs over 5:15 mins exactly.

23:52 [Yemono]: Recount - Damage Done for Raider's Training Dummy 23:46:30-23:51:45
23:52 [Yemono]: 1. Yemono 5277080 (16708.6, 100%)

23:52 [Yemono]: Recount - Yemono's Hostile Attacks
23:52 [Yemono]: 1. Shadow Bolt 111 1491366 (38%)
23:52 [Yemono]: 2. Unstable Affliction (DoT) 119 810030 (21%)
23:52 [Yemono]: 3. Corruption (DoT) 128 756455 (19%)
23:52 [Yemono]: 4. Bane of Doom (DoT) 20 575204 (15%)
23:52 [Yemono]: 5. Haunt 30 281900 (7%)

23:52 [Yemono]: Recount - Yemono's Hostile Attacks: Shadow Bolt
23:52 [Yemono]: 1. Hit 90 (81%) (Min: 10058 Avg: 11139 Max: 15249)
23:52 [Yemono]: 2. Crit 21 (19%) (Min: 20701 Avg: 23278 Max: 31474)

23:52 [Yemono]: Recount - Yemono's Hostile Attacks: Unstable Affliction (DoT)
23:52 [Yemono]: 1. Tick 73 (61%) (Min: 0 Avg: 4877 Max: 6937)
23:52 [Yemono]: 2. Crit 46 (39%) (Min: 6990 Avg: 9869 Max: 14254)

23:52 [Yemono]: Recount - Yemono's Hostile Attacks: Corruption (DoT)
23:52 [Yemono]: 2. Crit 40 (31%) (Min: 0 Avg: 9109 Max: 13743)
23:52 [Yemono]: 1. Tick 88 (69%) (Min: 0 Avg: 4455 Max: 6688)

23:52 [Yemono]: Recount - Yemono's Hostile Attacks: Bane of Doom (DoT)
23:52 [Yemono]: 2. Crit 5 (25%) (Min: 36048 Avg: 46765 Max: 58626)
23:52 [Yemono]: 1. Tick 15 (75%) (Min: 0 Avg: 22759 Max: 28531)

23:52 [Yemono]: Recount - Yemono's Hostile Attacks: Haunt
23:52 [Yemono]: 1. Hit 25 (83%) (Min: 7350 Avg: 8131 Max: 10778)
23:52 [Yemono]: 2. Crit 5 (17%) (Min: 15104 Avg: 15724 Max: 18203)

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
I've been apart of many raiding guilds over my 6 year Warcraft career. The most recent was <Elite Chaos>, which was the top guild in WotLK. During my time with them on my hunter, we completed all of WotLK content including almost all hardmodes (see experience). After ICC was really over and done with, we all took a break until Cata, where I switched my main to my warlock and played casually for a while. When Cata launched, they decided that they wanted to only run 10 mans, and stuck to a core of 10 real life friends that ran the guild, so basically you only get a spot if one of them is absent. Long story short, this guild isnt even close to the same people I raided with back in WotLK, and this server being 2nd from the bottom in Population, its very difficult to find skilled players to see the content.

In BC I was an officer in a guild called <Evade> where we broke apart from a much larger guild in order to progress through content without all the drama BS. That was great for all of BC, but as with the end of expansions, most people quit/moved on and the rest is history.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
Firelands: 3/7 - This is due to a sheer lack people not only willing to try new fights, not willing to show up for new fights, or just not invited to groups. I was part of the server first Shannox kill on my Warlock back when FL first launched, and then Beth'tilac and Rhyolith kills soon thereafter. Unfortunately I have not been able to see the rest of the content in FL because I've not been invited to go with the "core group" or just not found a group in general.
Cleared all tier 11 raids including several hard modes on 10 and full clears of regular modes on 25man.
WotLK: All 25man hardmodes up to LK and Yog 0-light legit back at lvl 80 all done on my hunter.
BC: All content cleared at 70 accept for SWP as I took a break from the game when that content was released. I was in full tier 6 on my warrior.
Vanilla: All content up through most of AQ40 (We opened the gates back then when you actually had to do so, which was awesome to say the least). I believe we were on Twin Imps when BC launched.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
My name Josh. I love reddit.com (hit me up my tag is goldenjosh). I love FPS, RPGs, and Action RPGS (no D3 beta!!!). I was one of the few originally chosen to participate in the BF3 alpha. I look forward to Skyrim, SWTOR and BF3 for sure.
I work, or I should say worked, as a helpdesk support technician for a local IT company, but life brought my girlfriend and myself to a new city and new state.

I also know Ethena IRL, and I worked with another current applicant Heilend at my previous job

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
I love PvE content. Ive tried my hand at PvP but it always bores me after a while. I originally rolled my warlock to PvP, but soon found that I mad much more fun PvEing on him. For me, WoW is more of a hobby than a game, and raiding is the pinnacle of that hobby. I love downing new content for the first time, and love more wiping on it. Ive always been one to stay up late into the night to work on a boss, at least for "one more try".

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
Yes I'm able to raid those times, however I will warn that I might not make 100% of the raids because I do have a girlfriend, and she gets her way sometimes haha.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
I believe I can add dedicated player to your team. I will be able to provide a solid DPS class to your foundation pushing through 4.3.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Yes, and I encourage any pointers/tips/tricks that anybody has to offer. I've played WoW for a long time, and I've enjoyed every second of it, but nobody ever knows it all.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
AMD Phenom x4 9850 OC 3.2ghz
4GB DDR2 PC2-6400
Radeon HD 4890 Graphics Card

Its an older system, that I'm going to be replacing as soon as the Bulldozer drops.

What is the best way to contact you?
BNET: goldenjosh@gmail.com
(You can also add that to googletalk or by direct email)
You can also just whisper me in game if you need to. I will be on Skullcrusher on a warrior I'm leveling named Kemono, or on Haomarush (server) playing on Yemono or my hunter Kemono.

Tell us a joke!
Blizzard and their casual nerf-hammer.

**EDITED**
To add screenshot of Recount and information regarding my pending server transfer

Last edited by Kemono on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:20 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Kinda late to post anything intelligent, but I will be looking over your app tomorrow and will get back to you in a timely manner. Either tomorrow evening or Friday.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:04 am 

You fellas told me to go forth and recruit...here's another. More to come!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:57 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

If you are already transferring on Skullcrusher on Friday, I will be waiting until Friday to review your DPS and stuff like that. Until then, I may log on your server to talk to you inbetween 5 PM and 7 PM tonight. Else, you may hop on our vent server, I'm always there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:26 pm 

Sure np. I can transfer now if you guys would like, and/or give me the vent info so I can speak with you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:09 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I quickly looked over your armory link and I was wondering 3 things:

1) Why do you have some of your mastery respecced into crit and not haste?

2) Why didn't you buy Darkmoon Card: Volcano? They are cheap now.

3) What is your current rotation on a single target?

Aside from that, this was a really well written app. :)

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:07 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:34 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:29 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

stop trolling whyso

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]