[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Application - Cnc arcane mage

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:53 pm 

Character Information

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... Cnc/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I enjoy the crazy damage my class can do in pve and the control and burst capabilities in pvp. I have have raided in all 3 specs in Lich king and cataclysm, and casualy pvp frost. I started playing WOW right before TOC hit. I also have experience healing as a paladin during LK (that toon is jus my herb and ore farmer now) and healing as resto druid in cataclysm.
I spend time researching my class, following thread feeds on elitist jerks, using askmrrobot and rawr for reforging guidlines, and have created simple "how to play" guides.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
I raided as fire until they buffed the hell out of arcane.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... don/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ver/simple

Please provide a UI screenshot.

Uploaded with

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
Just self buff, no food or flask

Uploaded with
What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
For the past year i have been part of Destruction. I am leaving because the guild is incapable of doing current content. I have stayed in the guild this entire expansion mostly for the people in the guild. However, almost everyone I enjoyed playing this game with has left the guild (a few to your guild). I stopped playing for 3 weeks before the raid nerf because I was not having fun and to see if Destruction could down any bosses without me.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
I hit 80 during TOC and raided that quite a bit, with guilds i was in and pugging. Reached Sindagrosa in 10 man at the 5% icc nerf, then joined Destruction, which focused on 25 man raids. I am currently 12/12 BOT/BWD and 4/7 firelands. Only 4/7 becuase tuesday is one of the nights I close at work and I didn't play for 3 of the last 5 weeks.
Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
My name is Jeff. Mostly play this game and some drunken Rock Band 3 :). I work in retail management so I do have to close the store on some nights.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
I enjoy seeing and beating new content. I like 10 or 25 people having to come together and work as a team.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
Right now Tuesday is a night I always close, so i cannot be on til 9:15-9:30 on that evening. Most weeks the other 3 nights are not a problem as I have one of them off and generally open the other 2 days. Starting November 6th, my store will be closing at 7 so every night will be good.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
I can bring a compent dps who does not like being below number 1 on the dps charts. I am also loyal to my guild and friends (main reason I have not left my current guild).

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Sure, if i am making a mistake I want to correct it.
What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
AMD athalon dual core 6000+ 3.0 ghz
3 gb ram
NVIDIA geforce 9500 gt

What is the best way to contact you?
Through email cronkjg@hotmail.com or ingame

Tell us a joke!
This guy walks into a bar and says ... ouch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:47 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hello Cnc, thanks for applying to Immo.

First of all, I'd like to question you about your choices your gear in general.

Is there a reason why you still don't have any kind of T12 pieces and went for offpieces that aren't optimal? Right now, you wasted 1250 VPs on a necklace that is easily replaced by a neck dropping from Domo and 700 VPs on a wand that can be replaced also by that boss. With those 2 pieces, you could have bought your T12 gloves. I know you stopped playing for almost a night, but you could have at least gotten 2 pieces out of 3 from the vendor.

Your gemming is also all kind of wrong. You are WAY under the hit cap and try to work around with gems and you still fall short .40% hit. A good way to fix it would be to spend more time farming randoms and buy T12 pieces. They have a buttload of Hit. And unless a socket bonus is +20 int w/ a red socket, there isn't much incentive to go for socket bonuses as Arcane.

But at least, your DPS is decent for the gear you have, that's a plus. But still, answer my questions up there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:20 pm 

Thank you for the response.
My gear choices were based on the debate at the start of patch 4.2 on whether the 2pc tier 12 bonus was better then the tier 11 4 pc bonus. I was relucant to give up the tier 11 4pc bonus until the theorycrafters had decided on which was best.
The wand I purchased the day the patch hit because I had awful luck in getting Corla's wand or the 359 wands and was still using the pvp wand. So upgrading my weakest piece of gear was my thought.
The necklace was a mistake but I was hoping for a drop from BH and valor for the tier 12. My guilds inability to get past Shannox prior to the nerf and my taking the 3 weeks before the nerf off from playing has placed me behind in valor points.

The way I am reforged and gemmed is based on askmrrobot (rawr wanted 16.4% hit by swapping a hit gem for 40 int). I have gone back and forth on being at 16.6% hit and am aware a lot of raid leaders do not like people not being hit capped. In my 5+ min target dummy I did have 2 misses - both an arcane missle. This is as close to hit capped I can get and use both of the int. trinkets. I went with the pure damage increase from the extra intellect was worth the risk of an occasional miss. I can swap out theraliona's mirror with darkmoon thrinket (reforge crit - hit) and be at cap until I get another piece with hit on it. I will have enough valor to purchase 1 tier 12 this week and possibly a second next week, definitely early the following week.
Any other questions please let me know, I will be making changes to be at the hit cap tonight.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]