Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sniffless-Frost DK
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:05 pm 

Character Information

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... s/advanced

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
Well since Vanilla I had been playing a ret pally but at the end of Wrath it started to bore me so i decided to make a dk. So far I have had alot of fun playing the DK class and it seem that i will never put this class down no matter what. I do enjoy unholy more than frost but the only problemn is that it is not viable at this moment because you can pull about 3k more as dw frost. If unholy is ever usuable in pve again i prefer to play unholy but I have no problem playing frost just prefer playing unholy. I will continue playing frost until unholy can compete with dw frsot. I have only been playing the DK since the end of Wrath. I have had much experience with other classes such as ret/holy/prot: Paladin, disc/holy/shadow: Priest, Combat: Rogue, MM/BM/Survival: Hunter, Ele/Enhance/Resto: Shaman, Resto/Boomkin: Druid. Well I always have chill bane in my spec because im great at kiting adds. First time in BWD with my dk i was able to successfully kite the adds on magmaw and get everyone the achievement the first time. Another time I shine is when I join a new I'm always hitting high dps numbers compaired to other people. I know my class exstensively so I'm able to hit dps numbers that other people are hitting with more gear when i have less gear.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
Yes I know all 3 dk specs and play them all at the highest lvl they can play at. Right now My os is blood and I do have tanked all FL bosses and HM Shannox and HM Majordomo. I have also tanked all t11 raids and a few HM of t11 fights.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
I play a lvl 85 prot/holy pally which has the same progression as my dk in FL. My pally was the one that tanked HM Majordomo.
armory link for my pally: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... t/advanced
I also play a disc/holy priest which has healed 5/7 FL.
armory link for my priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... y/advanced
I also play a MM/Survival Hunter which has 6/7 FL experiance.
armory link for my hunter: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... a/advanced
I also have a Fury/Prot Warrior and that is a fresh 85 so it doesnt have any current raid exprience.

Please provide a UI screenshot.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... 031450.jpg

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
This dps session on the target dummie was done with only Might and self buffs. I didn't flask or eat food.

The first pic is at the start with everything popped.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... 033032.jpg

This is at the end of dps session
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... 033521.jpg

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
Well in cata I have been in Renaissance which is #2 ranked guild on my current realm. I left that guild bc they were having issues downing HM t11 bosses back in 4.1. I then joined Whale Shark to do HM bosses with them. I ended up downing 3/13 HM and a 1% wipe on HM Maloriak and I wasnt able to make it to next raid night because of a family issue. I then joined with Rift, my current guid, to do 25man's in t12 but we had major attendance issues and had to convert to 10man's. The major problem with Rift I have is that on Tuesday night I had gotten 2 gear bis gear drops in the raid and I was the only melee dps in the raid group then another bis piece dropped which was the bracers off of Lord Rhyolith and they made me give them to the tank bc he was the old gleader and just came back from a 1 year break and they are trying to gear him before anyone else. They are making people give up there BiS pieces so he can get a tank set and a dps spec. I also had to give him my bis chest piece that drops from majordomo and they let him roll ms on it and that piece of gear is even worthless to a fury warrior bc it has haste and mastery on it and the vp dps chest for warriors has crit and hit on it. Also they arent progressing on HM's right now all they are wanting to do is kill HM shannox every week and then clear the rest of it on easy mode.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
I didnt raid seriously in Vanilla but i did play. At the end of BC is when i really got into raiding and even went back to do all the old content so i would know all the fights. At the start of Wrath i took a break to focus on MLG but I came back at the middle of Wrath because WoW is the best game ever. I downed ToC before I did Ulduar and then stayed with progression during ICC ending with 11/12HM 25man. When cata first hit i was really into raiding and so i went 12/12 and 3/13HM before all the nerfs went out. Then right now im 7/7 reg and 2/7HM.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
Well my name is Brandon Majors and I'm 17 yrs old and I'm about to turn 18. I used to play GoW, Halo 3 and CoD at a professional lvl but stopped because my team split and 2 of use were goin to try WoW MLG but they did not do it this season so I went into raiding and he just plays casual now. I play tennis and also like to street race which im not to bad at.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
Raiding is the reason I play this game. If there wasnt raiding in the game i would quit. There nothing more enjoying than raiding each night for hours and progressing through new content.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
Yes this works perfectly for me. I go to school only 2 days a week every other week and 3 days the other weeks. It ends at 4pm yall server time so I will always be on for yalls raid times.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
Well I normally bring alot of fun times to people when im in a guild. Im always trying to get old vanilla/BC and wrath raids going and having fun with guildies. Im a pretty laid back guy until raid nights then I play seriously so progression can happen the fastest.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Yes, if im fucking up i want someone to rage on me if im doing something wrong so I can fix it so it wont happen again so progression can happen the fastest.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
Processor

* Intel® Core™ i7 940XM Extreme Edition mobile processor

Audio and Speakers

* Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound Audio

Optical Drive

* Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Combo (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)

Power

* 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery - Primary, Additional

Wireless

* Intel WiFi Link 5300 a/g/Draft-n 3x3 MIMO

Bluetooth

Internal Wireless Bluetooth 2.1+ Enhanced Data Rate

Ports, Slots & Chassis

* Dimensions
Height: 48.70mm (1.92 inches)
Width: 377.93mm (14.88 inches)
Depth: 308.51mm (12.15 inches)
Weight: 4.08kg* (9lbs)

Ports
IEEE 1394a (4-pin) port
Integrated Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 (1000 Mbps)
3 Hi-speed USB 2.0 ports (1 via USB 2.0 / eSATA combo port)
1 eSATA (via USB 2.0 / eSATA Combo Port)
VGA, DisplayPort - Video Output
8-in-1 Media Card Reader
ExpressCard Slot
2 Audio Out Connectors
Audio In / Microphone Jack (retaskable for 5.1 audio)
Two Built-In Front Speakers

Graphics

* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730

Keyboard
AlienFX™ Illuminated Keyboard – Exclusive Design

Speetest

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1520772148.png

What is the best way to contact you?
You can me to battle.net my email is reactionized77@yahoo.com. Im currently on US-Ravenholdt Alli.

Tell us a joke!
Once there was a man he met this smoken hot chick and took her home. When they got in bed she grabbed a knife and cut his dick off, but because she was so hot he got a murder bonner and blood was squirting every where.

Post subject: Re: Sniffless-Frost DK
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:43 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I say add him not just because his app was very well done but also he has many toons who can raid and will become very important to the guild. The more the better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:39 pm 

This is another dps chart it was about 12min long. I was doing 19.3k before jumped off the dummy. This was also with out buff, flask or food.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... 1101-1.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 pm 

Talked with the guy last night. Put up with my drunken bullshit, and knew his stuff. It would be nice to have some competition. Gear is all proper, I still wish we had a log, but really my only issue would be awareness and for that we would just have to see how it goes like anyone else. In my opinion we could definitely use him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:21 am 
Im not the melee CL but at the moment we have alot of raiding melee dps. BUT that doesn't mean we don't want you. Maybe meowtickle can get time to check out your app and we can go from there. Though your app is well written and you know what you are talking about (according to astro who i trust) If we didn't have so much melee I'd take you right now. But lets wait on Tickle because he knows more about the melee dps situation.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:02 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

3 rogues, 2 dks, 3 ret paladins, 2 warrior, and a kitty cat. Most of them pretty active. You do, however, bring an experienced DK kiter to the mix.

Your spots, especially the first couple of weeks, will always be in jeopardy. Even after proving yourself, there will be times where we'll have to juggle melee spots. Now, knowing what awaits you, if you'd still like to join us, we'll be glad to have you on board. Can't promise you much beyond a guild full of people that raids.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]