[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Dorkins/Homeslice- Survival Hunter

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:38 pm 

Character Information

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... s/advanced pvp shoulder enchant

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.

I have always loved the hunter class ever since I made my first one in Burning Crusade. I love playing a ranged class and having a pet, along with kiting in PVP. Another thing I like about hunters is that I enjoy playing every spec. I'm always eager to see the patch notes for hunters to see what is being modified in each spec. Over the years I've played just about every class in the game, and I enjoy playing hunters the most by far. I like them so much, I have two of them. I just created this hunter about 2 weeks ago. I do raid with the guild Bonesmen on the horde side, mainly on my warrior, but were just a 10man guild so sometimes we switch between our alts and I will come on my horde hunter with them. This is why I leveled a 2nd hunter rather than faction changing.

I have about 200 days played experience playing hunters. I played a hunter as my main while raiding in BC.

I DO have other experience playing other classes, mostly my warrior. My warrior is the first character I ever made in this game, and I have 300 days /played on him. I currently raid on him most of the time. I call him my main because he has the most played time and I have collected the most achievement points on him. I have always tried to keep both my warrior and hunter in decent gear throughout the raids, so if my guild needs me to alternate I easily can. I can definetly see myself calling my hunter my main once account-wide achievements are implemented.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?

Yes I am willing to play whichever spec puts out the most DPS or if it has some kind of buff/advantage for the raid setup.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced

I have other 85's but most of them are inactive.

Please provide a UI screenshot.
I am very comfortable with these keybinds but I'm willing to take suggestions to maximize my performance. I prefer the default UI.

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

I did Dungeon Finder for this and took a screenshot of my damage logs. The top one is Ultraxion, and the bottom is Madness of Deathwing.

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
Koalas-BC: I saided with this guild for most of my time in BC, a few main officers quit, they raided for a bit into WOTLK, and eventually died out. They actually managed to pull off 1 ZA bear run before it was taken out.

For Honor-Early WOTLK: I raided with this guild during Naxx lvl 80 but we were always short on players. When Ulduar was released, we started getting help from <Lucky Drunks> and eventually merged with them to do 25man.

Lucky Drunks-WOTLK: Raided with this guild casually during Ulduar, most of the remaining people from <For Honor> had quit the game because they were busy irl, so I stopped raiding with them for awhile. Months later and with a completely different roster, I raided with this guild once again during ICC and had alot of fun. Every time someone got Shadowmourne, they realm changed. This happened 3 times and the guild eventually died. They raided for a bit in Cata with some new recruits but didnt make it very far.

The Puggernaut-Cata: I found this casual 10man guild in early Cata and eventually got my 12/12 with them. They were a good group of people but they all had demanding jobs irl, making them very casual and had to pug members for 10man.

Drunk in Public-Cata: Same story with this guild pretty much. They are a good group of people, but they just dont have enough committed raiders to be online at the raid times and I got tired of being one of the only few people to show up.

Bonesmen-Cata: This is the guild I am currently in on my horde characters. I got my first madness kill with them and have cleared with them every week since. I am fairly new to this guild (1-2 months) and there is no room in their core group for me, so I raid in core 2 right now.

Natures Fury- I am in this guild on my hunter right now because I know a couple of the members and I don't know too many people on alliance.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
Started WoW in March 2007.

BC:
Karazan- Cleared
TK- 3/4
ZA- Cleared (3/4 Chests)
SSC- 3/6
Hyjal- 1/5
BT- 7/8
SWP- 0/6

WOTLK:
NAXX- Cleared
Ulduar- 11/14 when it was current
TOC/TOGC- Cleared
ICC- 12/12 reg 11/12 heroic 25man

Cata:
BWD- 6/6
BOT- 4/4
TOTFW 2/2
FL- 7/7
DS- 8/8

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?

My name is Thornton (Thor for short). I'm 20 years old and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. WoW is the only game I play on the PC. It is the only serious game I play. I also play COD sometimes for the Xbox.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?

I enjoy raiding because I like to conquer boss mechanics and I get a sense of accomplishment, especially when I am doing it with people I like and have progressed with. I have done some PVP in my days but I prefer raiding by far and I love raiding 25mans. It's always more fun with more people.

What keeps me playing the game is all of the new content and achievements that come out, there is always something to keep me busy with, and I don't get bored of it.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?

This is fine for me. I don't go to school right now. If accepted, this guild will be my priority for raid times over my horde characters and I can guarantee 100% attendance.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?

I can contribute my positive attitude and my patience. I am very patient and don't easily get frustrated so I am a good player to have for progression. I do anything to help out the raid. I do everything I can to maximize my DPS, always carrying flasks, food, and using my Agility potions before the pull so I can use them 2 times during the fight.
I raid because it is fun and competitive. I do not raid for gear. If I am to raid with this guild, you will find that I don't really care which gear goes to who, or if I receive anything at all. I just enjoy being there and fulfilling my roll as DPS.

Like I said earlier, this is a brand new character, I dinged 85 on the 7th so I am currently working on my gear, and then I will be working on getting exalted with Therazane and leveling professions.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?

Yes, anything that will help me.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net

I dont know the specifics of my video card but my computer is pretty new and has 8gb of RAM. I run WoW very smooth most of the time and can definetly handle the 25man content. I never have internet issues.

What is the best way to contact you?

If I am not on my hunter you can probably find me on another character. Add my realid thor_atkinson@hotmail.com

Tell us a joke!

Why did the blonde keep a coat hanger in her back seat?
In case she locks the keys in her car.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:23 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

He was more interested in doing an ICC run then doing a boss or two in LFR. So that was pretty informative.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:57 pm 

Told you Zeelos. I do a cross server invincible run at the same time every Saturday. Those are the only 2 hours every week that I'm busy. Raid finder can be done anytime and I already said I would go after.... You made it sound like I found a random icc group in trade chat and ditched you.

On an un-related topic, Butterflys and I did some work on the dummies today.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:49 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:11 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Just invite the guy and let him try out already. :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:10 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Interesting DPS for the kind of gears you have right now. Can say you're keeping up with the rest and pushing even more.

I wouldn't have a problem putting you to trial. Whisper either Ryudra, Ritzia or Empyrea and I'll invite you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:28 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:22 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:57 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:31 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]