[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Mircea - Shadow Priest

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mircea - Shadow Priest
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:52 pm 

Character Information
Level 85 Shadow Priest

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... cea/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I enjoy havin' the ability to not only have to resort to one singular kind of role. Able to Dps & also Heal, plays a big part to why I love playin' my class. Playin' as a Shadow Priest; is always fun. A class mixed with DoT & hard hittin' burst spells makes it entertainin'. I have been playin' this class for a little over a year now. I also have experience with Mages, with Frost & Fire as Raidin' Specs. The moments where I shine in Raids are fights that provide gimmicks. In my own humble opinion, I find that Shadow Priests heavily rely on others & their buffs to really increase their Dps. Two examples of this would be: Madness of Deathwing & Ragnaros. I excel in longer fights.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
Holy is my secondary Spec, & I am currently finishin' off my set, I have to replace my trinkets.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
I have no alts at the moment, come Mists of Pandaria I plan on it.

Please provide a UI screenshot.
My U.I is the Default Blizzard U.I I haven't really ever, used any kind of Unit Frames nor Deadly Boss Mod. While studyin' the fights prior to the release of the content it becomes a second nature to me as to when things will occur.

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
Linked with U.I Screenshot, *I did have to scale my U.I for the photo*

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
I was with Raids With Friends where we got several top 10 Server kills. With the release of Dragon Soul, our raiders got lazy & real life intervened with our Guild Leader & our core group disbanded.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
Vanilla: Molten Core, Ahn'Qiraj 20 & Ahn'Qiraj 40
Burning Crusade: Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Tempest Keep, Black Temple & Hyjal Summit
Wrath of the Lich King: All minus the Hard Modes of Ulduar.
Cataclysm: All minus Heroic T11

Personal Information
20 Years old, currently enrolled in Network Administration, my work hours change from time to (Can provide schedule on a weekly basis)

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
Mass Effect series, Battlefield 3, Age of Mythology, Diablo III

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
I enjoy raidin' for what it is, a gather of people to tackle hard content & defeat bosses. It is all about team work & it is a subject I encourage a lot. The world of the game keeps me comin' back for more & more. I have played the older WarCraft RTS games & the story & characters I have grown to know & see, make the experience that much better when I meet them in WoW. & the ability to help others.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
As previously said, my work days are based upon the help required for the week. Although I do not finish any later than 9p.m I am already in school & it is a concentrated program for an entire straight year. I finish October 12th 2012, my hours at school are every week day from 6 a.m-12 p.m

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
Most likely what others are lookin' to bring. A great addition to the team, a new community to be around, meet new people. & to help out the best I can.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Always

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
CPU: Intel Core i-7 2700K
MB: Gigabyte z68 XUD-3H
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600Mhz
SSD: Corsair Force 3 (2) 120GB RAID0
Graphics Card: MSI Radeon 7970
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast TX750M - Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Green (Custom Built of course)

For my internet connection, the website's DNS was down when makin' this application. But, I can send it whenever I can get in.
Most of the time I'm clocked at about 15 mb/s & 43 MS

What is the best way to contact you?
In Game Mircea on Shattered Hand, or blackout.trans@hotmail.com
Tell us a joke!
Why didn't the Undead cross the road ? 'Cause he didn't have the guts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:59 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Thank you for your application. I have a few questions for you.

1. I noticed in your log that you have received several pieces of holy tier from LFR. What made you opt for that instead of getting your 2pc t13 and 2pc t12 for shadow?
2. What made you opt for the talent point in improved power shield over spending it elsewhere?
3. I always wonder why people would not use add ons such as DBM. Fights are definitely able to be killed without add ons but I have never really understood why people would opt to not use things that are there solely to help them out and make the fights easier. Can you provide me with some insight into why you wouldn't use these?
4. What were you damaging for that recount log? I ask because I see 3 mind spikes which is kind of random. Cunning is also extremely high on the meter too. Which while amazing 13.4% is really high for a single target.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:20 am 

1. Everythin' I receive from LFR is primarily for my Holy Set, which currently I have 5/5 Tier 13. As Shadow I have 4/5 Tier 12 Heroic & Tier 13 Helm. But I am on a break from raidin' & haven't raided normal in a good couple of months, which shows why I don't have any other Tier 13 pieces yet for Shadow.

2.I did realize that where I put my points for in Holy isn't the best at the moment, I did it to test different builds. Although, I am most likely goin' to change that.

3. To me personally, with testin' the PTR's & BETA, the boss mechanics turn out to be somethin' in second nature for me. It's like a test you know by heart, you know exactly when things will happen, based on; 1. Boss quotes 2. Special effects & 3. WoW's own deadly boss mod-ish U.I, but I would use it if it's necessary.

4. I was Dpsin' the Single Dummy near the PvP Battlemasters. The reason for the Mind Spikex3 in the beginnin' of the fight is to get full advantage of my Tier 12 4 piece. What I do is; I Mind Spike x3, put on all my DoT's use Mind Flay twice to get my Archangel up at max stacks & then get all of my three Shadow Orbs & use both Archangel + Mind Blast both at full stacks to gain a incredible boost of damage to crit well over 130K from the get go. I do this only at the start of the fight or everytime when I switch to a new target that's at 100 %. For example on Madness of Deathwing, I use it a lot as I switch from Tentacle to Corruption back to Tentacle, & since that fight gives off a lot of gimmicks I can hit over 550K with Mind Blast with that combo.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:38 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I don't make any decisions around here so we will have to wait for Ryudra to check the forums for him to make the decision. However, honestly some of your answers disappoint me.

First, using LFR tier to only get holy gear over your 2pc doesn't make sense if you are a shadow priest and that gear would be an upgrade for your main spec still. The t13 2pc is a big upgrade over the old 4pc. Here is the actual weights of the tier set bonuses for cata:

Tier 11 2p - adds 150pp
Tier 11 4p - adds 70pp
Tier 12 2p - adds 288pp, increases Crit by .03pp
Tier 12 4p - adds 170pp
Tier 13 2p - adds 170pp
Tier 13 4p - adds 194pp, increases Mastery by .05pp

So t13 2pc is the same increase in dmg as the t12 4pc. However, the t13 2pc is still going to be valued higher, because it allows you to use shadow word death on fights you would be unable to otherwise and makes it safer on other fights where there is high dmg output. To me the following fights are pretty much what I would require the 2pc neccesary to safely shadow word death on: Zonozz, Ultraxion, and Deathwing (using it during cata on boss). Also the 2pc gets even better on fights with adds like yor'sahj and warmaster so there it is going to out damage the t12 4pc by a considerable amount.

Also, the question about the talent in power word shield was for your shadow spec it was not for your holy spec. I looked briefly at your holy spec and it is pretty far off but since you are applying as shadow I wasn't going to pick on your holy spec since that isn't the role you would be fulfilling in raids.

As for the mind spike opener. I understand why you would do that since it gives you a nice big guaranteed crit however I don't think it is a dps increase.

I do have one last question for you. Right now there are 3 shadow priests on the roster. Abrana, Lennis, and myself. Abrana is amazing and I am not to terrible so you would definitely be against good competition for a raid spot. Would you be up for that? Knowing that you wouldn't necessarily be brought in for every fight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:30 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Sorry for the delay on my part, thanks for the application. Krattos pretty much asked you what was needed in term of SPriest-specific questions. Now lemme ask you another few questions on my side :

1. Spine is our current progression fight. Even being nerfed, the DPS requirements for the tendon is still there and not as much as a pushover. Given you could have all the gears you needed, give me some details on how you would deal with the encounter in term of gear choices, cooldowns and DPS rotations on the tendon.

2. Like Krattos said, we have 3 reliable SPriest right now doing very well. Would you be fine with fighting for your spot? DPS, while being a good criteria, is not the only thing I base my decision on the worth of a raider.

Thanks for your interest and I hope to hear from you soon!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:35 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:08 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Ryudra is french, ignore his grammatical errors.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]