[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Umlaüt - Arc/Frost mage

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Umlaüt - Arc/Frost mage
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:41 am 

Character Information
390ilvl Arc-Mage PvE/396ilvl Frost-Mage PvP
Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... BCt/simple
Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I enjoy playing mages because I have a fascination with magic based characters, plus mages are OP. I have been playing a mage for 4 years, but this is a new main and I have 16 days on her. I am usually good at any class I play. I am very good at surviving wipes and mass rezzing, or using time warp to beat beserk.
Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
I was previously Fire, but I switched to Arcane after patch. I don't think it would be too hard to learn again however. Yes.
What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
A Resto/Ele Shammy (85), A Horde Mage same specs (85),
Please provide a UI screenshot.
[url]http://imageshack.us/f/27/84011119.jpg/
[/url]Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
Dmg Meter:
Dmg Done: 2696409 (15995.8)
Arcane Blast: 2270897 (85%)
Arcane Missiles: 366235 (13%)
Arcane Barrage: 12853 (0%)
What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
Deadside, Affliction, You Know What It Is. I left them because they would never help me gear. I had to do all of it mostly solo and trade chat hunting.
What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
I have done BT, SW, TK, MC, ICC, DS lfr/up to Ultraxion normal, OS, Onyxia, Eye of Eternity, Ulduar... aka a lot of mount runs!
Personal Information
Mark Reyes [Kace Echö] - 18 years old - Texas
Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
I mostly play WoW, and I do yoga!
Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
I enjoy raiding because of the storylines and it beats farming. My rl friend keeps me playing.
Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
I have school during the week, but staying up late a couple of days is what I already do.
What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
I can contribute my intellect, and experience as a mage (4 years!)
Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Yes, I welcome it actually.
What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1895105083.png (Grade F...? My computer is usually much better than other ppls)
What is the best way to contact you?
Through my email.
Tell us a joke! There are two types of ppl in this world. Those who admit to peeing in the shower, and dirty fucken liars. -Louis CK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:14 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hello and thank you for your application.

The first major thing I notice is you are missing enchants on literally every single item that you have except your cloak which is not even an optimal enchant. That is a pretty big red flag for any guild that you are applying to and I would get that fixed ASAP. Also, why did you put that tinker on your gloves over the dps one?

Also, why arcane over fire?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:10 pm 

I'm poor mayne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:25 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1. Has your DPS increased after switching to fire.
2. What is the most amount of gold you can earn in an hour?
3. Explain the mechanics of Heroic: Ultraxion
4. Favorite Pre-Cata boss fight? Why?
5. Analyze the following and advice Ritzia how to improve dps? http://worldoflogs.com/reports/1uk9le69 ... 977&e=9288
6. As a frost mage, what classes are the hardest for you to beat in PvP and why?

I appreciate the Louis C.K joke.. I like his humor. Best of luck on your application.

Stalyx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:49 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

He does Yoga, he might be flexible enough for Gen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:41 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Answering Stalyx's questions would be very beneficial. Enchanting your gear would make you more serious raider rather than being carried. Enchant your gear, answer Stalyx's questions and we can start talking about raiding.

You have to show me what your 4 years of playing mage and WoW is worth. I'm always happy to see someone playing for this long and I'd be even happier if you were good enough to be raiding with us. Gear is nothing right now. Skill and knowledge, on the other hand, is what I want to see.

Hope to hear from you soon!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:12 pm 

1. It has increased to around 18k-19k, I ran into another mage in sw near the training dummies who gave me advice for my rotation (Scorch, Flame Orb, Living Bomb, FB spam, Hot Streak proc, Combustion, Refresh Living Bomb, FB spam, repeat). It has been working well for me, but I still don't do a lot of dps yet cause my gear holds me back.
2. I have min/eng both capped, and the most I can really do is farm ore/run instances for gold, or vanity pets! So I would put it like 1k tops.
3. I've never done Heroic: Ultraxion, but I have attempted on normal. I was always the last one alive cause I actually pushed the damn button (except when we would wipe cause of bad tanking). Other than that, just stack, push button when needed (fading light), and pop time warp when he goes HAM.. at least to my knowledge.
4. Without a doubt, Yogg-Saron. I just love the mechanics of it, and it's a gigantic monster!
5. Shadow priests.. not only do they hit hard, but they have heals/shield, pets, annoying cc, and dispels/dots -___-. I've watched many videos on how to fight them, but I still have lots of trouble against them. Other than that I can clutch most of the time (I carry my friend's under-geared alts).

Btw I am not a noob when it comes to skill, I just need me some gear and g!! This is my fourth WoW account, and no guild has really helped me.. which is why I am behind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:56 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

try combustionhelper. It will help time your combustion.

Do some research on Question 3 and report back! If you are selected you will be required to know at least the basic differences in mechanics between normal and heroic.

Also you missed question 5.

Cheers

Stalyx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:25 pm 

5. I see that at the beginning he has a lot of burst dmg and towards the end it levels off. So I would suggest him to this link for a more solid rotation http://www.maxdps.com/mage/fire.php.
3. In Heroic Ultraxion: Fading light affects six players, Hour of Twilight must hit 5 players, and HoT debuffs players. Also when it comes to using Heroism..
It is important to keep in mind that players who are in a different realm than the person who is casting Heroism/ Bloodlust/ Time Warp do not benefit from it and do not get the Exhaustion/Sated debuff. This opens the way for maximising your usage of heroism by doing the following:

Use it at the start of the fight (this is most beneficial in terms of DPS for reasons that we state below).
Have all of your healers use their Heroic Will just before Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp is cast.
Cast Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp again towards the end of the fight, to help the healers cover the increased raid damage.
In order to ensure that the tank is able to survive Ultraxion for the 5 seconds that the healers will spend outside of the Twilight Realm, you can choose to leave a healer inside the Twilight Realm to heal the tank.

You should designate a healer who will take the blue buff for this task, as Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp would not benefit them at the end of the fight (the haste from the blue buff will have capped them already).

Using Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp at the start of the encounter has two benefits:

It ensures that all of your raid will be alive to benefit from it;
It allows you to take a DPS player instead of a healer, as the fight will not last long enough for the damage to reach unbearable levels (right before the hard enrage timer is reached).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

When someone applies to a raiding guild, without enchanted gear; They aren't all right in the head.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:03 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Two things before i start. 1) i'm not ryudra so i have no vote if u get invited and 2) i know it's been a while since this has been opened but i do believe we do have a slot for a mage.
Apping with unenchanted gear isn't great. i could understand if u had poor gear but ur ilvl suggests you have some ok gear and to be brought in and be competitive (not carried) means u need to have everything possible correct (enchants/reforges). One thing i did notice is that your frost and fire. now this might have changed since your app but in ur orig. post u have a link for damage meters in arcane spec. you might repost ur new fire spec dmg. Also as we are progressing on 25 h spine would u be able to switch ur frost to arcane for the burst dmg on the tendons? Finally, logging out in pve gear would be good, i was looking at ur armory link and relized everything was pvp. Finally your fire spec has 2 empty glyph slots but i don't believe the minor glyphs account for a dps increase so that's ok. I'd say if you fixed your gear issues then we should bring u in one week to give u a trial to see if you fit in. but like i said previously i'm just a raider not an officer =p GL to you

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]