[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Combat Rogue

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Combat Rogue
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:58 pm 

I'm sure you guys are full on rogues but I thought I'd submit an app anyways..
I'm an older (pushing 40) player, been playing since 03/05, experienced in all specs of
the rogue class. Some of you may know me and have either pvp'd or raided with me in the past.
If there are any questions, just ask me.. Or ask Himay / Drakko.. Former guildie.. Pre BC..
Thanks..

Thruster - 85 Combat Rogue

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ter/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
This is the first class I've created. It's fun, does a lot of damage if played right and very adaptable to many situations. Specific examples are high dps in raids and a ton of HK's in battle grounds.
Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
I am very capable of playing all specs of the rogue class. The only gear for rogue specs is PVE and PVP gear. I currently have only PVE and a few Ilvl 403 PVP gear pieces since I don't pvp much anymore.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
No alts over 80 but working on a mage.

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

No buffs of any kind.. Just me and the target dummy..

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
Deadside was the most recent but the guild moved to the Stormrage server.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
Everything from Vanilla to now..

Personal Information
I'm 39, from upstate N.Y., married, 3 kids, 1 on the way, 8 years in the military, Union Electrician and love to have a good time.

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
D III is ok, WoW is better.. Used to play Quake I - III, Doom, D I and D II..
I play guitar, go out, (a little too much) and just have fun.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
I enjoy a team environment. (From my military career) I like the feeling of team building and application towards goals, in this case, raid bosses.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
I am an instructor for my union so I have class Mondays and Thursdays. Available all other times.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
I'm one hell of a herb and ore farmer. The bank would be full.. Besides that, a helping hand to alts, comedic relief, and a sub for any pvp or raid teams.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Yes. The Military taught me that.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2154194944.png
What is the best way to contact you?
Here, e-mail, and if I trust you, cell..

Tell us a joke!
An Irishman walks out of a bar.. What.. It could happen!!

Last edited by Thruster on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Combat Rogue
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:02 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I've know Thruster for years now he is a very good player that will do whatever the guild needs to succeed. He isn't a punk ass kid just looking for loot. I'm sure he would be a great addition for the guild. Also he is easy to get along with ingame, in vent, etc.

Drakko

I'm sure he is working on getting the proper application form in to......right Thruster......

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:08 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hi Thruster,

The app looks fine to me. I'll let the fine tuning on gears, gems and spec to Meowtickle, our rogue expert.

The only icky part of your app is the 50% attendance and especially not being there on Monday, which is usually the clear day when everything is on farm.

We'll get to you again soon on a definite answer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:55 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Didn't bother to reply initially but since you've updated with the app template...good job. I appreciate that not once did you call yourself a rouge in the app.

Ryudra has covered the main issues. Is your union classes late? Or would you still be able to be around part of the raid night on Monday/Thursday?

All yours, Tickle!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:21 pm 

My current work schedule is 6 am - 3 pm Mon - Thurs. Friday 6 am - Noon. Class is from 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm Monday and Thursday.
Classes start Sept. 17th and end in early April. I'd get home from class around 9:30 pm.. Then again, we might get out at 8 pm.. Just depends on the lead instructor.. I instruct the 3rd year apprentices..
I know my gear needs about 10 +50 Agility gems.. Working on getting the cash for them.. As for DPS, I average about 30k in dungeons (depending on the buffs and encounter type) and the most is about 110k on Mannoroth.. (I was quite surprised at that)
Thanks for the reply.. I'm heading out to a pig roast.. I'll be on later tonight if I'm not too shitfaced.. LOL!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:01 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:36 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

There's quite a bit off in gear reforge, and without a log or a screen cap of your damage meter to judge your performance by, not sure how well you can perform your rotation.

Your glyph choice seems odd, and doesn't seem to be purely pvp, pve, or even pure leveling glyphs. But we're not exactly looking for raiders atm, since everyone's waiting on MoP release in twenty-odd days. I'm sure no one will object if you joined, but whether or not you get a spot come MoP raiding will come down on how you perform during potential 5 mans with the guild. And your 50% max attendance is going to be a big issue also.

And seriously, I don't know how you can even call yourself a Rogue without Glyph of Detection. For shame.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:14 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:24 pm 

Added a screenshot of my dps on a target dummy..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:01 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I like your spunk.... Let me throw in a few questions.

1. Is it important to go back and redo old content? For example Magtheridon or C'thun?
2. How close are you to getting your legendaries?
3. For raiding what are the best professions to have? Do you have those professions? If no, are you planning on getting them?
4. Do you see a correlation between pvp and raiding? In your opinion what is harder?
5. How else do you enjoy WoW? Do you play the AH, collect pets?
6. How did you come up with the name for your character?

Hope this goes well for you :)

See you in game!

Stalyx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:14 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:52 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Thank you -- I am sure someone will be in touch with you. (someone important that is)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:06 pm 

Just bumping the thread. I'd ask someone in game but I'm sure they're too busy to be bothered.
It's amazing how many guilds are hurting for members. I get 3-4 unannounced invites per night but I always tell them, "No thanks.
I'm holding out for Immortality." Their usual reply is, "Good luck with that." My favorite is, "You're better off transferring servers if you're trying to get into a guild like Immo." LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:01 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Aww!!

Another free bump to get misstickle's attention. You seem like a cool chap it would be nice getting to know ya... but alas, my playtimes are opposite yours.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:45 pm 

Thanks for the bump!.. I tried getting in Immo way back in the day. Back when Papachulio was the lead rogue but you guys were full on rogues at the time. I remember seeing him sitting in IF, all decked out in his T1 on his Black War Tiger. I think that was when you guys had MC on farm and were getting into BWL.. Oh, the memories.. Nothing like a good ol' 40 man raid to burn up 4-5 hours per night.. (depending on how many times you wiped) hehe...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next