[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Can badpuppy come back?

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Can badpuppy come back?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:08 pm 

Badpuppy Level 85 Mage

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/badpuppy/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
For all the same reasons as before. Love making mana noms, portal roulette and ruining keyboards because my 2 and 3 key are broken.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.

Please provide a UI screenshot.

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
Immortality- Veroz made me hate playing.
Wrath- I want to have fun and get back into the groove.
Clarion Call- I was young, dumb and full of free time.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
WoTLK, Cataclysm ETC ETC you've all raided with me.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
D3, Tower defense games on my cellphone, hide the carrot and just the tip.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
Vent, New loots, downing new bosses and if i wasn't on the computer I'd be doing meth.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
I dropped out of school 3 years ago and i get off work at 5 or 6. No problem.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
A gigantic penis, light hearted attitude and if generate is still in here, ill keep his random chatter to whispers.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Yes master.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
4.1ghz 6 core, gtx 460 oc'd, 16g ram and Blue LED's

What is the best way to contact you?
Carrier Pigeon or cell phone. Prime has my number

Tell us a joke!
Take your pick.

Womens rights.

My social life.

Seriously though. I miss some of you fuckers. Ryudra is one of the best fight explainers ever and if i could have one person narrate the new fights, it'd be him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:34 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I vote no

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:50 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Why do you want to come back? - I mean aren't you one of Wrath's core raiders? I understand that you miss some people here, but explain to me what made you leave.

People leave guilds for various reasons - I too have left and I understand wanting a second chance. I got one, and I am very appreciative of that. However, when you come back you have to make sure that the reason that you left is not going to be a reason why you will leave again. If there was a systematic problem that caused you to leave, what is preventing you from bailing at a later date? Something has to change, either the guild has to have changed or you have changed.

As a guild we invest in people - we invest in friendships, we invest in the ability to be able to hang out with people who we care about. Immortality was the most fun when you truly cared about the people you raided with. Because then the boss kill, the epic loot is a bonus. The reason you log on is because you want to hang out with your buddies. Who gives a shit that tickle got the daggers before timster or tav -- because everyone is thrilled that a friend of theirs is happy.

Now be kind enough to explain -- why we should invest in you again?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:33 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

The core of wrath that showed up every week has either joined me going to Immo, or hasn't logged on in a month. We have 0 mages on the roster...and let's be honest...not much to choose from. With that being said, Badpuppy has raided with me since he left immo...and from what I heard it was because of attitudes who are no longer here. He has shown up to all my raids and progressed with my group. I understand he left immo, but I still feel that a raider who shows up would be someone to invest in. I honestly know nothing of the past, but will note that it was a hard decision for him to leave, as I remember talking with him about it. I remember him delaying his app because he didn't want to leave his friends, but one pushed him over the edge. I approve and believe he deserves a second chance, as you have done with me. *cough* Fleas *cough*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:44 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I remember being around and talking to Bad when I was mainly on Analgesics. I also remember his reasons for leaving since I was the one he talked to looking for Ryu. I, like Stalyx, have left Immo before. A few times, all together I believe and really, for the same reasons. Some of the attitudes of fellow raiders/members was unbearable and I would even consider it emotional abuse to have stayed. I have come back, since then, because of the people that mattered the most to me.

I know nothing of whether Bad was a good mage or not, really, or if he was a douche every other time when i wasn't around. But he has app'd formally- albeit truncated, and allowed us to publicly question and discuss this as a guild. That takes a lotta guts, i feel and I appreciate him thinking about all of us as we are a guild family and raid core family etc.

I would have no issues personally if Bad were to come back to raid with us in MoP. We have lost Veroz, which in his app. was, I assume, a reason for leaving and it doesn't look like he'll be back. That in itself eliminates a reason for leaving, again. Prime is also right. A second mage? Omnom more mage food? Oh, and ports. Those are important, too.

Ava

*Edited for spelling.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:47 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:05 pm 

Yes my original reason for leaving immo was the lack of attendance and the attitude of a certain 1 or 2 people in guild. And those 1 or 2 are gone. For that reason, I'd love the second chance to raid with you guys.

I am currently in wraths core, but as prime said, its a ghost town. I don't think it will be much better come MoP.
And further more, the driving force behind me playing WoW, is fun and progression. I believe immo can provide both those things much better than wrath.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:52 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I understand not liking 1 or 2 ..or 5ish people in immo and they may /may not have left. but to me it seems like you left while we were struggling with attendance. that imo doesnt speak highly of you to just swap guilds as attendance wanes / waxes. I myself am not raiding until December (if a spot is open) but that is due purely to irl issues not in game attendance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:53 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I say yes. My reasoning is simple. We have NO mages. Our server is dead and our player pool is low. Everyone deserves a second chance. Perhaps making him earn a spot is something to be considered, but to outright say no seems a little harsh.

Puppy was there every raid, regardless of attendance. He was also active outside raids, which helps the guild as a whole. I know my opinion may not count for much, but there is my two cents.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm 

In response to voladir:

I did leave as attendance was on the decline, but not at the start of it. It was months of no shows and cancelled raids before i finally left. I did not make the decision to leave guild on a whim. I toyed with it for weeks, talked to many people about it and regardless of what some people felt at the time, most of the people I talked to (then and now) were supportive and understanding of the choice.

I am not nor have I ever been a guild hopper. I have been in 4 guilds in 4 years. 2 of those hops were due to guild disbanding , and 2 were due to a lack of progression/attendance.

I think the attitude that I left guild when shit got rough is the wrong attitude because frankly, shit shouldn't get rough. You sign up to raid, and you show up. I can safely say (and my girlfriend can attest to this) that I raid FAR more than i need and should.

That being said. You have my app. Take me or leave me I wish you the best of luck and Prime has my cell number in case you need a mage on an off night!

Bad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:32 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

The grass isn't always greener on the other side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:04 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I think everyone has valid arguments. Ultimately though, I believe you can't save the world when your own ship is sinking. It is your 15$ a month to pay, your life, your decisions. Why pay money to be somewhere that doesn't suit you, for whatever reason. Bad made a decision, I feel, that was the best for him. I know a lotta people in Immo are far from the selfless types (sorry) and to hate on Bad for his personal needs/choice is just wildly hypocritical.

Really, it'll be up to our officers anyway. Part of me is surprised by the responses and part of me really isn't. We really could use more players and the app's aren't exactly pouring in.

Best of luck to you, Bad.

Last edited by Avaerice on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Invite him already

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:19 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:08 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Immortality Guild Master

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next