[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Starmina-Frost Mage

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Starmina-Frost Mage
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:07 am 

Character Information:
90 Worgen Frost Mage
Main Spec:Frost
Off Spec: Fire/Arcane

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ina/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.

I have been playing my mage Starmina since the launch of lich king. I enjoy playing my mage because mages are constantly changing and are able to adapt to almost any situation whether in PvE or PvP. I have an 85 paladin tank which I had Hardcore raided with from Burning Crusade up until Trial of the Crusade which is when my Guild wanna me to sub in my mage and then go on to main it, which later on lead to a realm first tribute to mad skill 25 man. One moment that I really remember was when me and my guild got our realm first will always be a shining moment to me.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
Yes I am very competent with playing any of the 3 mage specs available. Was kind of surprised to come into MoP hearing Frost was the go-to spec now.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
I sometimes PvP on my Dk who is lvl 86

Please provide a UI screenshot. Having A bit of trouble getting my Screenshot in here but I use the standard UI for the most part, Hasn't ever failed me yet.

Experience:

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
Overall damage Boss level raid dummy: roughly11502596
DPS: 30129.2
Frostbolt:2405854
Frostfire Bolt:2007124
Ice Lance:1809258
Frost Bomb:1455610
Frozen Orb:610538
Mantid Poison(dot trinket):197454

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?

Back on the Shu'halo server I raided Horde with the Guild Optimistic, they were the number 2 horde for a while, later on we ended up merging with the number 1 ranking horde, Cryptic which went well and was actually the guild we ended up getting our realm first, but sadly after while alot of the smaller merged guilds didnt like the way cryptic was starting to run things, and alot of the guys quit. My GM in Optimistic ended up trying to remake the old guild again but it quickly died so then i ended server transferring to the turalyon server to play with an RL friend but as soon as I got there he had quit WoW so I ended up running with alot of groups from the 25man guild optimistic on the server. After a while Optimistic had started Pubbing in alot of new toons to our 25 man runs and alot of the regulars were losing spots so slowly about half the guild left. from there another group of RL friends invited me to skullcrusher where They had at first wanted me to join Lessons, but decided that i should join another guild for the progression that I wanted. So thats when I got an Inv to velocity Which was run my Primetimez and alot of the top raiders alts. I did a few successful runs with them up until I got called for a rapid deployment.(I can guarantee wont happen again for at least another yr and a half.)

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.

Started playing WoW in the middle Of BC with my BE pally as my main which I ended up raiding some Kharazan Pugs and later on MT for Optimistics 25 man runs up until end of Ulduar. From there I raided heavily on my Mage and have had quite some success in doing so. Also was one of the first to aquire the legendary staff on my server.

Personal Information:

Jake, 21, Texas

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
I have always been a hardcore gamer, joined the U.S Army 2 yrs ago after having my daughter and marrying my wife. Im often found playing Dota2 or LoL if I'm not on WoW.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game? To me the Mechanics are why I love to raid so much. You end up getting a group of some of the best people at whet they do and accomplish something in the gaming community thats big. Some of the best cinema and scenery is also found during raids as well as some of the best lore. This game never seizes to amaze me.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?

Not in School and the current schedual works great due to having weekends free for family

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
I am a very hard working dedicated raider who will take all advice and strategy tips and apply them with my own skill to progress and down bosses with also a relaxed chill mood to bring to the table.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Yes, You have not truly been a hardcore raider without taking some harsh encouraging words during progression lol

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2246892267.png
not 100% sure on Comp Specs but has never been an issue in the past, even in the darkest of times in H 25M Ultraxion.

What is the best way to contact you?
Either In game Or I will be browsing the forums consistantly.

Tell us a joke!
The Jonas Brothers

I would like to end of by saying a got word of you guys through primetimez who told me fill out an app and mention him. Hope to hear from you soon!

Post subject: Re: Starmina-Frost Mage
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:53 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I approve of this app. I raided with him during Cataclysm. Solid dps who says he can show up on a consistant basis. He would be a good addition to our dps team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:53 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Don't know the guy, but clearly we need a few more to fill for 25mans. Stamp of Approval.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:38 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hey Starmina,

Are you saved to MSV this week? I could test you out today if you want to. Spirit Kings and beyond.

Message me on Ryudra if anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:35 pm 

kk just pm'd Ryudra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:52 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1. What is your arcane rotation?
2. In your opinion what is the best AoE spec for mages?
3. How would you use alter time in as an arcane mage to maximize dps?
4. What has been your favorite boss fight ever? Why?
5. Could you kill someone with your bare hands... if the answer is yes, feel free to disregard the rest of the questions
6. Have you capped out your valor points during the past few weeks, and what will be your first item you would buy?
7. What reps are you working on?
8. Do you have a nether tempest mouseover macro?
9. I find the tier 6 mage talents to be a little clunky. What is your opinion on those talents?
10. You secretively like Nickleback don't you?

Best of luck thanks for a really well thought out app!

Cheers

Stalyx

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]