[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Papapain - Affl/Destro Warlock

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:41 pm 

Character Information
Papapain - 90 - Affl/Demo Warlock

Armory Link:

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
No particular reason, I just enjoy the lock. I have been playing this character for almost 4 years now. I have experience in all 3 specs and can comfortably play all 3. As far as PvE goes, I can't really pinpoint any "shining" examples since locks aren't typically assigned to interrupts/silences/LoH, any crucial elements, etc... but I do work hard to accommodate the raid, SS to rez asap while pouring out all the dps I can.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
I am comfortable and competent in all specs. At this time, I only have one set of gear, but I can reforge/gem easily enough to meet the needs of the other specs. I generally swap between affliction and desto depending on how much movement is required in the fight.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
I have a mage and a resto druid alt that are both still 85. Between all the dailies and a bit of farming, I haven't had any time to focus on them and it'll probably be a while lol.

Please provide a UI screenshot.

Experience
I have been playing this character for about 4 years.

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
Wrath - I don't want to "bash" Wrath, but there has been a lack of organization and the last few weeks have been rough.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
I started raiding in WotLK - all of naxx 25, all of uld 25 (some heroic 10m), all of ICC 25H - In cata, all of FLH 25 (rag only normal) (got Dragonwrath), all of DS 25H (spine/madness heroic was on 10m). Pandaria - currently 6/6 MsV, 1/6 HoF.

Personal Information
I'm retired from CSX railroad. My wife (Braelyn) and our two sons both play WoW. Ummm, I'm a horrible speller so my wife is spell-checking this app and I've had to backspace about 4000 times so far. That's pretty much it. lol

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
I don't really play any other games. I'm a huge computer enthusiast though and enjoy building PC's. My latest build - that I'm currently using - is a Steeler's skin, y'all can check it out

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
I enjoy the competition. I enjoy the research and tweeking. And I also enjoy the social aspect... getting together with friends and accomplishing goals.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
Considering it's been a while since I've been in school, the schedule definitely works for me.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
I consider myself a decent player. I always prepare - researching the fight as well as consumables - I follow directions well and I consider my raid awareness pretty good.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Constructive criticism is fine. Harsh? Maybe not. If I have fucked up, there's a 99.9% chance I am FULLY aware that I fucked up. I will do what I know to do to rectify it, and I'm always open to other options/suggestions to fixing it. And I do understand that at times, raiding can be frustrating and tempers can fly, but I don't see any reason to NOT have the maturity to control yourself and those tempers. And if someone fucks up repeatedly, they need to be replaced, not cussed out IMO.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
- We're on the top cable package available in our location, which it's *kinda* shitty, but not so bad that we lag in raids. All of us run around 30-50 fps in 25m on high settings. If a fight is going to be particularly graphically intense, then I'll drop my settings down a bit. But yeah, no lag and I can see the shit on the ground.
MSI Z77 Mpower MB, 3770k CPU, 8Gb 1866 RAM, EVGA GTX 680 GPU, Corsair AX850 PSU, ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard, fully water cooled BEETCHES!

What is the best way to contact you?
In-game Papapain or you can holler at my wife Braelyn/Braelee and she'll get me.

Tell us a joke!
What did one saggy tit say to the other saggy tit?
If we don't get some support soon, people will think we're nuts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

/approve
Be on for tonight for the raid, Will of the Emperor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:55 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Approve! Finally we can weed Enigma out!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:51 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Bah... someone change his tag.. I invited him as a F/F of Sonyn.... I should have paid attention.. Sonyn's does not have any friends.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You invited him as FF of Rowe you wanker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:57 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

/late post, papa is awesome, and funny, and always has a marmoot at the ready

/approved

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]