[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Rollplaya - Arcane/Frost Mage

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:56 pm 

Character Information

Armory Link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... aya/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.

Honestly, I'm playing a Mage because I thought it would be fun in PvP; however, I'm really enjoying playing my Mage in PvE as well (in spite of the awful level 90 talents). Specifically, I appreciate that Ice Block, Blink and Alter Time can be used to negate mechanics in some fights i.e. Subetai's Rain of Arrows on Spirit Kings, and Feng's Arcane Resonance.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?

I can play all three specs competently, and would only need to reforge my current gear if another spec became more attractive due to specific encounter mechanics or buffs or something.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.

I'm a one character at a time kind of player.

Please provide a UI screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/lXLTx.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it, except I can't figure out how to get rid of the default UI red text telling me really obvious stuff like "There's nothing to attack!"

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

I've never used World of Logs before, and I couldn't find any of my LFR records on there, so here's a log of me wailing on a dummy to prove that I can get all the damage out of my gear:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0l8k ... details/3/

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?

I was in Pain Train on Magtheridon during Classic. I left because an expansion was about to launch and Four Horsemen finally downed my guild.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.

I haven't raided seriously since Classic, though I did get to see all of the fights in WotLK as well. In classic, though I was in a progression guild, working server first kills for all of Blackwing Lair, Ahn'Qiraj and the original Naxx 40 up to Four Horsemen as a tank.

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?

My name is Chuck, I live in North Carolina and I heart fishing, cooking and playing the everloving shit out of games. I'm currently playing Dota 2 when I'm not playing Warcraft.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?

The feeling of finally beating a tough encounter is really satisfying, and, plus, I love getting purples!

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?

I'm not in school-- that schedule works just fine for me.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?

I'm a quality player who can learn fights quickly, and I have a sincere desire to experience Heroic raid content with a guild that wants to do well. I'm also a pretty cool dude, man!

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?

I've been playing DotA for 10 years, so I have very, very thick skin. I can not only handle criticism, but will respond to/learn from it!

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net

Edit for the computer I bought myself for Christmas!

FX 6300
8gb GSkill
2gb Radeon 7850

Here are my speedtest results:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2385634046.png

What is the best way to contact you?

In game, Rollplaya#1195 Battle.net ID

Tell us a joke!

I rely on my razor sharp wit to make people laugh. and by that I mean I literally don't know where I am sometimes

edited: more personal information

Last edited by Rollplaya on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:40 pm 

I remembered to turn on combat logging for some of my LFR runs this week, so you guys can see some actual parses. It's pretty sloppy as far as Tempest/Invoker's Energy uptime, mostly because this was my first time raiding with the Invocation talent. I also died during Garalon because I decided to pick up Pheromones after I noticed that the guy who was kiting had been on 20 stacks forever, and no one bothered to heal me once I picked up the debuff.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oob8lq0zsabelgwx/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:26 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Sorry for the lack of answers. I've been away for the holidays and will be back home today.

Quick glance and everything look decent outside of what you already explained.

I'll look further into your app during the weekend and will update you asap.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]