[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Vargoth - 70 - Warrior

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Vargoth - 70 - Warrior
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:52 pm 

Character Name: Vargoth

Character Class: Warrior

Days Played: 155 days, 23 hours, 53 min...atm.

Days Played at 70: 72 days, 11 hours, 17 min...atm.

Alt(s): all lvl 70
Beorning-feral druid w/371 resil, possibly more powerful than Vargoth.
Elahblamyah-MM hunter w/ 2300+ ap, long range sniper.
Greymantle-fire mage, 4 epics and the rest blues, fun to play, owner of Jadelah.
...and on other servers an Orc shaman and a Rogue.

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

Vargoth is about 30 yo and originally from Arathi Highlands. The person playing Vargoth is 26 yo, from east coast Canada.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

Well, I've been in many guilds but, as Vargoth, I've only ever applied to one: Immortality. There are only a few guilds worth mentioning. Definately the most notable of which was Sacred Legacy. That guild fell apart and disbanded with most of its core raiders going to DE. It was my first real experience of what it meant to be in a guild as one of the core members and top DPS. I was with them for their first Rag kill and for BWL firsts. Alot of good players came out of SL and I still miss that guild. After it disbanded I missed it so much that I thought any other guild would be pale in comparison so I decided to become independant from there on out. For a long time I morned the death of SL and during that time I was approached by many guilds to whom I showed no interest.

Eventually I applied to Immo for the first time and my application instantly became all the talk of the server. I can even recall Gunsmoke saying it was the best app he had ever seen. At that time I knew there was not much chance of having my app accepted as there were more than a few in the guild who I would label "jealous punks" or "Vargoth haters". That didn't stop me because I had already decided as long as Immortality is on Vargothcrusher than that is the only guild I will apply to. Additionally, I consider most guilds annoying and take away from the fun of the game, its almost like having a second job. However Sacred Legacy wasn't like that and I already knew Immo wouldn't be like that because of the people that I knew in it. I don't need to be in a guild, I'm not simply looking for some guild to join. Either I join Immortality or I will remain guildless, simple as that. I can't say for certain why I am that way. I think it has something to do with the memories I have of Immo way back during the first few months after release. Its just always been the guild I've wanted to be in and in my mind I think i've built it up to be better than it is, more than it is. But that's ok because that will just add to the fun for me, adds to the pride of wearing the tabard. Besides there are so many players in Immo that i've known since shortly after release that I already feel a connection to them whether I'm in a guild with them or not.

I've also been in Local Defense when it was purely a pvp guild. Later I was romanced by Phel to join Pheonix Rises which I did basically because Phel seemed so much like me and liked to do the things I like to do in game (eat babies).

3. What is the best way to contact you?

Besides in game the best way would be vent which I am always on even when I am afk.

4. How did you hear about us?

lol, I can't remember a time when I didn't know about Immortality.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Vargoth

I also have a full pve tanking set but its of much lower quality than my pvp gear. I definately have tanking experience and knowledge but dps has been my main role in raids. Years ago I made a post on Sacred Legacy forums about aggro generation for warriors that became a reference the whole server used and using that research I did I was able to pull aggro off of MTs in our guild even tho they severly out geared me and i was arms/fury going sword and board.

Armory could never hope to come close to sum Vargoth up. I've done so much in this game that I've forgotten about doing more stuff than most players will ever do in total.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes and yes.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

My computer was state of the art about 3 years ago and currently my connection goes through periods of good and bad latency. I plan on moving soon and when I do that will ensure a consistent good connection.

8. What raiding experience do you have? What significant raid instances have you been in? List only the furthest you got in both Pre-BC and BC.

I've done all MC and most of BWL. I've done Kara of corse and only a small part of SSC.

9. Are you a Hand of A'dal or Champion of the Naaru?

No.

10. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid starting times range from 7:00pm (invites) – 12am, server. Eastern Time.

My schedule right now is wide open for the most part.

11. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface please.

If it is important I would give an officer a link to a sceenshot of my UI. I've kept my UI secret for sometime, reason being that I'm not going to teach Horde scrubs how to play.

12. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

yeah, i remember this question. I think i said something like you would not even be able to tell my house was on fire except for the screams of agony over vent whenever I might involuntarily twitch in pain and hit the push-to-talk button.

13. General Comments about yourself to us.

I could litterally go on forever here but i'll try to keep it short.

There is the famous Vargoth that everyone knows or has heard of and then there is the true Vargoth that not many people know. In immortality there are already more than a few who know the true Vargoth and some of them have already posted support for my application.

The number of players that I know or have played with in Immortality are too many to recite, some of them go by names now that are unfamiliar to me but the players behind the names are the same old ones I've seen around for years.

I've always felt like I've belonged in Immo even though I've only worn the tabard for such a short time so long ago. And yes, I was a member of Immortality long long ago for about a month. The game was released in November and I was in Immortality for about all of January.

Reguardless of how this app turnes out I'll always consider Immortality my guild, and if i'm finally invited back then that just means less apps of mine you'll see here in the future.

...to the end.

Last edited by Vargoth on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:55 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

For all his infamy, I love this guy. Known him forever, cool as shit when he's not being a troll.

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:01 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:55 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]