[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - 80 Mage

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: 80 Mage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:52 pm 

Character Name: Jolt
Character Class: Mage
Days Played: 75
Days Played at 80: 1
Alt(s): N/A

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
I'm 17, I live in Minnesota I play hockey and work every now and then.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Forgotten Dreams, Lessons in Brutality, no progression.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
In game on Jolt, vent or call/text me 651-357-5066

4. How did you hear about us?
I have been on skullcrusher for nearly a year, I know whats good.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes, I do not echo in vent :)

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
ATI Radeon X 1650, 2gb ram, duel core processor, high speed internet, 0 graphic lag in a 40 man raid.

8. What raiding experience do you have? What significant raid instances have you been in? List only the furthest you got in both Pre-BC and BC.
0 Pre-BC exp, BC Vashj, Kael, few bosses in BT, M'uru, Kil'jaeden.

9. Are you a Hand of A'dal or Champion of the Naaru?
No

10. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid starting times range from 7:00pm (invites) – 12am, server. Eastern Time.
I am very active, 7-11

11. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface please.

12. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Ice Block

Post subject: Re: 80 Mage
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:59 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1. Whats the best dps spec for a mage?
a. With slow
b. w/o slow
2. How much hit should a mage have..
a. against lvl 80 players
b. lvl 83 Bosses (solo)
c. lvl 83 Bosses (in a raid -- assume you have all possible raid buffs)
3. Whats the best frostfire mage dps rotation?
4. What's the 3 best runes in the game for a mage? Please justify.
5. Why haven't you bought any badge gear?
6. Considering you have less than 6000 gold -- tell me how much of that are you willing to sacrifice for raiding?
7. What are the best consumable buffs in the game for mages?
8. We don't want good players. We sit good players.. what makes you excellent?

Stalyx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 pm 

1. Whats the best dps spec for a mage?

0/53/18

a. With slow

Question is unclear, Slow as in the 40 point talent in arcane?

b. w/o slow

Question is unclear, Slow as in the 40 point talent in arcane?

2. How much hit should a mage have..

a. against lvl 80 players

4% 27 hit with Elemental Precision

b. lvl 83 Bosses (solo)

17%. 11% with Elemental Precision, 289 hit

c. lvl 83 Bosses (in a raid -- assume you have all possible raid buffs)

7%. Draenei 1%, Shadow priest 3%, Elemental Precision 6%. 184 hit rating.A

3. Whats the best frostfire mage dps rotation?

Frostfire, keep Scorch up, instant Pyroblast when proc.

4. What's the 3 best runes in the game for a mage? Please justify.

Molten armor, adds 2% crit. Mana gem, gains 10% more mana. Frostfire, 2% more damage, 2% more crit.

5. Why haven't you bought any badge gear?

I have the trinket.

6. Considering you have less than 6000 gold -- tell me how much of that are you willing to sacrifice for raiding?

I always have around 3500g, I will spend every penny on raiding.

7. What are the best consumable buffs in the game for mages?

Flask of the Frost Wyrm, Tender Shoveltusk Steak, Potion of Wild Magic.

8. We don't want good players. We sit good players.. what makes you excellent?

I sustain great damage throughout a raid, I am not greedy when it comes to gear, if I go AFK I will say something, you can rely on me to be at 90% of every raid, I know how to keep my cool and I am very patient, I am very open-minded and I am willing to try new thing so increase my DPS.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:04 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Good answers.. a few more questions about raids and the game in general in general.

1. Explain Malygos Phase 3. What's your role in this fight. (25 man)
2. Sartharion with 3 drakes up... watch the video and tell me 5 things you would do to perfect the strat for this fight (25 man)
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=95421
3. What faction should you get exalted in first.. Kirin Tor or Wyrmcrest and why?
4. Whats the best off hand in the game atm?
5. Surter gets attacked by a horde mage. You are the only one able to prevent this calamity. What will you do? Mage seems to be Arcane. Don't assume you will get help from surter at this point.. he is probably afk.

Stalyx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:08 pm 

1. Platform drops, you land on your dragon, do as much dps as I can by stacking the debuff on the boss without letting it fall, avoid Static Field at all times, before he starts Surge of Power make sure I have 5 point so I can use Flame Shield if he focuses on me, keep myself up if needed.

2. Avoid Flame Walls, get in portal immedialy and aoe adds, kill lava spawns right away, good dps on drakes, when all drakes are dead dps race on Sartharion .

3. Kirin Tor, at revered you get your head enchant. I am already revered with them.

5. Let Surter die then finish killing the Horde mage. :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:16 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:33 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

^^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:19 pm 

Not that my opinion matters to anyone, but I'd like you to just hear me out.. This mage used to be a great friend of mine and I've run heroics with him and he's dreadful, He fights with everyone in the group and treats people like peices of trash because he thinks he's ontop of them.. Holyvanz can back me up on this since he was about to drop the MGT Run because of his arrogance.

And btw, this application isn't even real.. Everyone know that Dark Entropy hunter Pwnnoobs? He's been telling Jolt everything about the bosses and answering all the questions.. I still chill in vent with them.

He did M'uru and KJ after nerf on his friends Paladin over on Greymane.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:05 am 

I've personally ran some heroics with this mage a while ago, and i'd have to agree with holdmypocket... although saying that makes me want to vomit, he has a point- this mage's dps kinda sucks and he talks big.

but srsly, why socket decked out in all +14 spell dmg gems? seems like you're just tryin to get above 1400 haha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:35 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

i agree whit enderz i had really bad moments doing heroics whit him

PRE-wotlk

Bad dps
Bad cc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:11 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

If you had to choose between taking a dick in the ass or one down the throat which would it be?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:46 am 

Surter, Stalyx, Drugo, and August are naked in front of you...

1.) Who has the biggest cock? Longest? Most Girth?
2.) Who would you rather have teabag you for their raid spot?
3.) What are those warts on Surters Dick? Who gave them to him?
4.) If you cast polymorph on Drugo's gnome penis, what would it turn into?
5.) If you folded my flacid dick in half, how long would it be in feet? Centimenters?
6.) Why is stalyx's cock brown?
7.) Whose load would you be willing to swallow for a yes vote?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:18 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]