[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Carsomyr - 80 Death Knight

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:50 am 

Character Name: Carsomyr
Character Class: [Human] Death Knight
Days Played: 5 days, 14 hours
Days Played at 80: 1 day, 17 hours
Alt(s): None. Don't plan on making any either.

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
Well, I'm Jerimiah, nearing 20, and I reside about a... half an hour from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
I used to be in Immortality as a raiding restoration shaman, but... I couldn't take it anymore. Healing just drained me, bored me to tears, and really, while I should've expected it, it wasn't what I had in mind when I made Rochelle. I had planned for her to be elemental, but, that didn't go over so well when I asked if I could potentially DPS instead of heal. Other than that, Carsomyr had been guildless until 80, though at the moment I'm just a lowly Friends/Family in Immortality itself.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
Ingame, through email, or through Kromewell.

4. How did you hear about us?
I hadn't heard of Immortality until I transferred over to Skullcrusher with my brother, joined some crappy guild, and then migrated over to Immortality (all of this having taken place on Rochelle). But now, as I worked up the nerve to play again, this was my prime choice because, frankly, I don't know anyone on Skullcrusher (didn't make many... any friends), yet the possibility of progressing through end-game content with my brother was too fun to pass up, I suppose.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Carsomyr
My spec is subject to change at any time or requirement of me, but otherwise, the gear should remain the same. Again, at the time of this post, I've only been 80 for... four days.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
I have a mic somewhere, but I can easily be on Ventrilo whenever it's required.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
I can't handle max graphics, but I'm able to preform more than well enough with low graphics and the frame rates that yields. As for my internet connection, I'm currently using Comcast and their broadband service, which is seemingly very reliable, most of the time.

8. What raiding experience do you have? What significant raid instances have you been in? List only the furthest you got in both Pre-BC and BC.
Pre-TBC;
Rogue: All the way up to C'thun.
[Holy] Paladin: Downed Nef.

TBC;
Rogue: Half-way through SSC.
[Holy] Paladin: Half-way through SSC.
[Resto] Shaman: Finished Hyjal, but hadn't stepped foot into BT/Sunwell because this is about where I grew tired of healing and was forced to quit.

9. Are you a Hand of A'dal or Champion of the Naaru?
Afraid not on Carsomyr.

10. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid starting times range from 7:00pm (invites) – 12am, server. Eastern Time.
My schedule fluctuates for no real reason at all, but I'll be more than available for when invites go out (infact, I'll probably be on much earlier too), as well as stick around for as long as the raids last.

11. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface please.
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/3046/c ... d01cy6.jpg
I've been meaning to change my bars, but, haven't gotten around to finding one that I've liked that also showed vehicle bars correctly.

12. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Casually lean to the side to see if my computer was the culprit behind the fire that, by this time, would be ravaging my curtains. If not, continue raiding, and, after looting my Emblem of Heroism/Valor, collect up Kromewell's cats in their cat carrier, and evacuate the inferno that had been my home. That is, unless the fire fighters and their wonderful response time (my house has never been set ablaze before, so this is an assumption) afford me more time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:11 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

He ran Naxx with our group last night. He did surprisingly well on DPS. He was on top of the meter for all of trash and maintained strong dps on bosses from what I remember.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:07 pm 

feelings about tanking?

how much hit should you have for raiding?

what glyphs do you use?

what kind of rotation do you start out on patchwerk with?

how do deathrunes work?

thoughts on ce in the upcoming patch?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:39 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

ran heroics with him last night..he did really well...my only thing was he needed the Rogue ring from me that drops in Gundrak...DKs don't prioritize agility!!!

Other than that...i approve this app

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:19 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Should rename himself Kromesr IMO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:23 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:02 am 

All right, slight update time. I'm Blood now (though I have respecced 5 times in the last two days, but this is working very well for pvp), and am a bit closer to hit cap now (7.32%). Also, because I changed my spec, my glyphs have changed a bit to compensate. Using Death Strike and Icy Touch still, but added Obliterate into the mix for that crazy 120% weapon damage on the strike, but that also makes it very nice for pvp (I rarely put up diseases anymore unless the enemy has high mitigation (holy paladin, prot warrior, druid in bear form, etc), or I plan on partially kiting them), but it makes me feel like a ret paladin.* Ah well, back when Carsomyr was a paladin he always wanted to be a retardin. I've also, finally, developed a knack for when to use AMS, since I rarely had to use it while leveling. It's like I have Cloak of Shadow again. :3

Well, time to farm Hodir rep because the shoulders are an upgrade. Still hoping for T7 shoulders, but no luck so far, obviously. ;_;

*I know, not using diseases sounded crazy at first, since they're such a staple for pve. But I've been leading, or close to it, damage done, killing blows, flag returns, etc. Spamming Obliterate and making all of those death runes is also so very nice because it allows me to use Chains of Ice whenever. Not to mention vehicles are immune to disease. Running over on my Deathcharger and dismounting mid-jump to Obliterate a mage while his frost barrier/mana shield is down, Obliterating again, and Death Gripping when he blinks away to Heart Strike him, killing him, makes it seem like everything's right in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:15 am 

support this app
got undying with us in 10 man naxx tonight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:20 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

i also support this app! excellent player, i've grouped with him a lot and even on stuff he hasn't done at all / much before, he doesn't need any explanation and always understands what to do / is able to do it well =D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:12 am 
/Support

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:08 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

If you have half as much time as your brother, you'll never miss a raid.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:19 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

/support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:24 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

/support!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:51 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

any officers/CLs read the forums?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next