Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Resto Druid
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:29 am 

Character Name: Myna
Character Class: Resto Druid
Days Played:33 days
Days Played at 80: 9 days
Alt(s):yes

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from? 28, North America

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Brethren - They stopped raiding before the expac.
Immo
Brethren –

3. What is the best way to contact you? In game

4. How did you hear about us?
Friends, Photek, Flatline
--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... her&n=Myna
Spec: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 3105331351

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members? I do

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid? Amd Quad core, Nvidia 260, and yes

8. What raiding experience do you have? What significant raid instances have you been in? List only the furthest you got in WotLK, BC, and Vanilla WoW.
Naxx cleared
Muru
Neferian

9. Are you a Hand of A'dal or Champion of the Naaru?
Hand of A'dal but not on this character

10. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid starting times range from 7:00pm-8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight.
I can make them all

11. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
Will do Monday.

12. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Say, Sorry guys house is on fire and I got to save my computer.

13. General Comments about yourself to us.
Not sure what to say

Post subject: Re: Resto Druid
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:59 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

This app has experience but no personality :/

At least throw in a jew joke under "General Comments about yourself to us" to please Surter....it's his birthday

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:04 am 

So, I can't disect your spec atm cause you're feral at the moment.

However, I looked at your gear and you are close the haste soft cap for druids which is good, but I can't quite understand why in your gem selection you picked spell power mp5 gems, over spell power spirit gems... maybe you could explain that to me.

Obviously Fleas has more knowledge and experience about druids than I so, be ready to answer questions from both myself and fleas.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:29 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hey Njal,

Julio covered your gems already. Why did you choose to put spirit on your mace over spell power?

For your talents why did you pick Replenish and Empowered Touch and not Nature's Grace?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:16 pm 

Never really thought about Nature's Grace. I like to use Natures Swiftness with Healing Touch, so that is why i use Empowered Touch.
As for the gems, I like to try to keep the socket bonus when its a yellow socket. I started off placing spell power and spirit in the sockets and never got around to finish re-socketing.

The spirit on weapon i like it for the mana regen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:37 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Known Njal for about 4 years already playing WoW all in the same guild while moving servers. Very good at what he does. One of the few people I know who has played every class on every expac and did it well in any of his specs. And is always willing to help if asked. Which god knows how many times I made him respec when I didnt have a tank.

Took him to Naxx with me yesterday 10 man and carried the healing due to an undergeared tank RL friend who we are helping and a pug green undergeared healer i took.

I believe if utilized he would be a great asset.

I personally dont see lately how gem choices would make or break a healer at all since wrath hit. DPS need the hit and exper caps. The system is broken in WoW, healing is nothing like pre-Wrath and pre-BC. Choice will be that of the user until blizzard hits us with the 3.1 mana nerf.

I would only ask the questions such as.

We personally have alot of healers that sit. Are you prepared to sit for weeks or months?

We are pushing more for achievements as of last Undying being the #1. Can you promise not to AFK at odd times and keep your attention span for longer than 4 hours?(Some people suck at staying aware at 11pm and on)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:39 am 

Not get get off topic, but Flatline, that vid in your sig is the greatest thing I've seen in a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:41 pm 

it is an amazing sig.

But on a serious note, flatline kind of sorta hinted at this topic, but we do have a fairly large amount of healers, and the reason we are recruiting a druid healer is because we would like to have one more for uldaur. I can not promise you a raid slot every night, I cant even promise that to my members, however, the majority of us only need 1 maybe 2 pieces from nax, so we don't really mind sitting for bosses. So i really need to know how you feel about sitting bench for a bit keeping in mind that uldaur is rumored to be harder than nax and that blizz devs have hinted at some fights requiring more than 7 healers. So come uldaur most likely you will see a lot more trigger time. Also we should be back on a 5 day raiding schedule compared to our 2 day raiding schedual that we have at the moment.

your thoughts?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]