[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - aniras 80 shaman enhancement

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:14 pm 

Character Name: Aniras
Character Class: Shaman
Days Played: 64 (have 95 on my mage switched main with WOTLK)
Days Played at 80: 21 at 80
Alt(s): mage but hes only 74 no plans on lvling

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
names Chris, I'm 18 and from New York

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
well i've been on SC since i started playing and i have been in crown for little less then 2 years and I'm leaving because there are some people that are really slowing us down and i think they might slow us during 3.1 progression

3. What is the best way to contact you?
mostly in game but i have an AIM address if needed

4. How did you hear about us?
well ive been on SC for over 2 years kinda hard not to notice you guys =)

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&n=Aniras

I'm working on my ele set, have 3T7 (2 are val)

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
yes i have both

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
i usually don't have max graphics on but i NEVER DC (unless it SC lag) and theres no problem when it comes to void zones or anything like that

8. What raiding experience do you have? What significant raid instances have you been in? List only the furthest you got in WotLK, BC, and Vanilla WoW.
Vanilla- I wasn't a raider so nothing
BC- up to Council in BT, full hyjal as well
WOTLK- everything but 3D sarth

9. Are you a Hand of A'dal or Champion of the Naaru?
No

10. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid starting times range from 7:00pm-8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight.
Anytime after 4pm
since Ive become a raider my guild has had those times and they have always been perfect and i rarely miss a raid.

11. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
Idol- http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 536eq8.jpg
Action- http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 930al1.jpg

12. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
hmm probably GTFO so i dont die and can raid the next night =D

13. General Comments about yourself to us.
Well I'm a pretty cool guy mature in vent wont be starting any drama or BS, i love loot (who doesn't) but progression and actually getting to see new bosses go down is even better, loot is just the topping and something ill have to work towards

Thank you for your time =D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:36 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1. Explain a Enhancement Shamans role in the 3D-Sarth fight.
2. What is the optimal key combination for Malygos phase 3 --
a. If you are DPS'ing
b. If you are healing
c. if you are dead?
3. Whats the best weapon combination for you in game? Where can you find these weapons?
4. What has been your highest personal dps in a 25 man instance?
5. What are achievement points? Why are they important? or not important as the case maybe?
6. If you see Surter getting ganked by a rogue? What will you do? (Please note that /kiss'ing Surter's ass good bye is not an option)
7. What will you do to ensure that we will be prepared for Ulduar?

Thanks

Stalyx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:22 am 

1. I would have down melee totems at all times. I would also pop heroism when the first drake comes down (after the flame wall, right after he lands, passes) so that we would finish him off and heroism would be up for the end. As well as keeping steady DPS and watching for void zones in the melee.

Phase 3
2a. As DPS you use 1,1,1,2 (use 1,2 quick to keep your stack up IF it look like its running out) while always maintaining 25 energy for #5 flame shield
2b. As healing you use 3,3,3,3,3,4 while targeting one person. Again while keeping 25 energy for a #5 flame shield
2c. Well you should always be with the pack which means you will always be getting an AOE heal which means you should never be dead.

3. The best current weapon combination in game is what i have which is Calamity's Grasp main hand and Angry Dread off hand
Calamity's Grasp - 25 man KT
Angry Dread - 25 man Noth

4. My highest DPS has been 5k on a normal boss and a boss like Thaddius or Loatheb my DPS has been 6.5-6.7k

5. Currently i have 4470 achievement points, as of now there not important for anything besides competing with other people.

6. Well probably throw him a heal and then help kill the rogue, since rogues suck and deserve to lose all there stun locks -_-

7. Well once stuff about bosses are released I'm going to read up on them like i did for Nax. I also have planned on coping my character to PTR so I could experience it before its live.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:31 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. Your itemization is pretty much correct.

Couple questions/comments:
You filled your hit out to the correct value but you're lacking some expertise from hitting the cap, but you chose agility gems over finishing expertise. Why?
Your answers for sarth and malygos are bit off, but that I would imagine is due mostly to the method your guild uses on those bosses. That can easily be fixed.
Are you planning to replace one of your valorous items? What other items are you looking for?

You are already well geared which saves us the hassle of having to give you free rides through instances (which is a huge plus). Your DPS numbers sound about right as well.

PS: Never save surter.

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:51 am 

What he meant by "/kissing his ass goodbye is not a good answer" is that it isn't nearly enough. The CORRECT answer to that question is "assist the rogue with killing surter, while spamming him with /spit." "Getting on my horde account to help him gank" would also have been accepted. Thanks for playing!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:20 am 

or just letting surter die and then rofl at his corpse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:55 pm 

well i read somewhere that you didn't have to be capped and that around 180 would be good enough, but getting to the 214 6.50% cap would be very easy with a 27+ and 16+ gem which would put me at 217 expertise.

yes i plan on replacing the Valorous helm with blue aspect helm from 25 Malygos, also the back from 25 KT and the boots from 25 Malygos and if i ever got the 25 sapph key the neck would be nice.

LOL well now that i know how to handle that type of situation it will be done correctly from here on out. As for the QQing I'd probably send him to Linky so he could QQ at him instead of me =D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:51 pm 

terrible choice.... zeelos (piemai) would be a much better choice if you told surter to QQ to someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:49 pm 

lol sounds like a plan, zeelos better be ready because that's where ill send him if i ever find myself in that position =D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:26 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'd like to give you a shot. We've finished all of the raid content for the week so try to get ahold of me sometime between now and next Tuesday to throw you a guild invite.

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:47 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

WTF stalyx why do you make me part of the test!

I'd like to add that recruits who don't save me will be gkicked while Shamwru and Stalyx are offline.

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:50 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

One more addition: 1,1,2 while dpsing malygos. We don't use flame shield, since everyone is being healed by life burst. It's better to just get your stacks as high as possible.

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:43 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Immortality Guild Master

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]