[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Viridian - Resto Druid

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Viridian - Resto Druid
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:06 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Name: Viridian (or Annolyn but she is 10man naxx geared and I don't think you are looking for a mage)
Character Class: Druid
Days Played: 24 (Anno's got 158 days, 3 @ 80)
Days Played at 80: 8
Alt(s): One of every class, but i play almost solely the druid and mage

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

I am 25 and from NJ. I grew up with all kinds of dreams of me doing grand adventures and whatnot. College was a comedic shock because I thought it was all a bunch of bullshit. I went to it anyways for a few years before I realized it just sucked. Instead I have joined the Air Force and now work with military intelligence and have a great time doing it. I volunteer to work late now because I have so much fun doing it.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

My first guild was Steel Brigade, made by a bunch of friends on release day. It sucked, but was fun because of friends. They weren't very hardcore at all so I was 60 and they were all like 30 or less. At that time Immo was the only guild even willing to try MC, everyone else thought raiding was dumb, especially getting 40 people together. It just so happened they needed mages. Other mages were interested but none were willing to spec frost. I was also fire at the time but I was willing to change to be on the cutting edge of progress. After that I was a perfect fit up until right before naxx was released. I worked with Madcow and hulex during a lot of this time helping come up with strategies to defeat the bosses. While several of my ideas sucked and caused wipes, some turned to be the missing link on what we needed to do to down a boss. It seems there are no more encounters that work that way anymore, as blizzard exhausted all their originality but it was fun for a long time. (back when keeping strategies secret was important, and people were kicked for leaking info)

I left around the time naxx was released for a few reasons, but ill just hit the two most important. At the time we were working on C'thun 7 days a week. We might take out an hour or two for a quick full BWL clear. The rest of the time was 8 hours a day, 7 days a week wiping to Cthun. It was a 15 minute run to him. The guild suffered heavy casualties so we had to do a lot of fresh recruiting. I however stuck through. Then the night came where blizzard fixed Cthun to make him killable. Just so happens an emergency came up at work and I had to work about 30 minutes late. I get home to find my spot filled by a recruit. Ok fair enough I wasn't online. But now I was and they were still prepping to pull. I had put in more hours to that fight than probably every other person in immo save a handful like Quk who never logged off. I was the first person to suggest to correct strategy to put phase 2 under control (tank the big nasty claws that pop up instead of running from their big dmg) Also I was top 5 dps at the time, fluctuating from #1-#5 depending on things went down. But instead of being given a spot I was told since i wasnt online at the time I couldnt raid. Instead I ferried Nature Absorbtion pots to the raid, spending hundreds of my gold, while listening to subsequent attempts from 70-40-20% and still not being given a spot. Finally he was downed. I was so upset considering the work i put in for the success of the raid. I stuck around though, and then the next week something similar happened again and I was kept out of the AQ40 raid. At this point I basically said fuck it and took a break from wow. When I came back me and one of my best friends formed Cold Pizza and Beer. It briefly lived, we actually moved up to like #4 progression alliance side by clearing to Huhuran after teh guild was alive for only like 2 months. After that though the MT quit wow and with him several of our top players left the guild in search of new guilds. We were back to not being able to clear MC in the course of 24 hours. So I shut down the guild. After this time I moved overseas to serve the US in Korea. My time here is almost up and during it I just did small groups and whatnot in my free time. When I get back to the states I will be on a normal schedule and I'd like to start raiding seriously once agian.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

In game mail? email? fiduke27@hotmail.com
whatever, it doesnt really matter.

4. How did you hear about us?

Word of Mouth in Ironforge about the guild who saw Lucifron.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Viridian
Currently in that I am wearing my offspec tank set. You can see I have decent offspec gear. My main healing set is mostly naxx25 stuff. about 2k unbuffed healing... will be 2100 if i can just win that damn trinket for once =)

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

yes, I have decent communicating skills however I generally like to be reserved and quiet.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
No problems in this department. I havent really watched TV in 10 years because I live on my computer. If you're really serious about my spec sill get it.
8. What raiding experience do you have? What significant raid instances have you been in? List only the furthest you got in WotLK, BC, and Vanilla WoW.
Vanilla WoW up to and pseudo including Cthun, I knew the strategy 100% just never got an opportunity to kill him. BC I hardly played, mostly just heroics because I've been in Korea and immo stopped raiding on the weekends more or less. in WotLK I've done naxx25. I do the AoT raids every week. Check out http://wowwebstats.com/4hri6mpojwlaa
9. Are you a Hand of A'dal or Champion of the Naaru?
No
10. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid starting times range from 7:00pm-8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight.
I don't know my new schedule yet, but i estimate ill work from around 7am-4pm EST, based on the job I will have.
11. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
*edit* oops found an option to upload file at bottom.
12. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Honestly? id probably go take care of it as quick as possible and depending on damage to my home ask to be replaced.
13. General Comments about yourself to us.
I love working as a professional dedicated team to take down hard challenges.

Also I'd make it a boomkin if you'd rather have one of those. but I'd need to regear her a bit.

Attachments:
a.jpg
a.jpg [ 166.65 KiB | Viewed 4256 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:54 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:04 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Nice app.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:31 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

fully support!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:38 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Recruited!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:02 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

As old an immo member as I.

Everyone knows Frank the Tank.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:50 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

It's Frank!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]