Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Naxxramas
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:42 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

[align=center]Well, I guess I can begin the Nax updates. Seeing as right after we killed Noth, Nax started to reset.

Overall, Noth is very tuned and fun, and we are looking forward to killing him again right after nax resets in 5 minutes.

Please, don't bother asking us for strats, because we will kindly ask you to fuck yourself. Thank you.

Oh, and did I mention. World first guild not to give a fuck about world first Noth kill.

Now back to Nax. Cheers

Update 6-21

Having some major lag issues that Skullcrusher is notorious for we decided to finish up Echoes of War. After lag died down we took Noob'rekhan.

Update 6-22

Grand Widow Faerlina dead. Grats to Aeacus for starting the legendary quest of the guild now owns your soul.

Update 6-23

Instructor Razuvious down. Found out our priests can tank better than our warriors!

[/align]

Last edited by Gunsmoke on Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:46 pm 

rawr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:51 pm 

PANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS <3 YOU!!!!!!!!

~Lynnie :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:52 pm 

Congrats guys, again. I think I told you grats on the other first kill on test when you got the fancy caster ring.

I think it's hot when Guns yells profanities at me, expect an in game tell asking for strats hot stuff! /flirt.

Grats Immo, take em all down by weeks end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:57 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

owned a second time, gg zone reset

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:49 am 

gratz guys....stupid eu download is goin realy slow....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:07 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

omg im in the kill picture!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:13 am 

Bring moar lockz!!

<totally biased>

<3 Neostorm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:23 pm 

Grats on the kill :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:02 am 

Heh, cursegaming quoted you w/ "Please, don't bother asking us for strats, because we will kindly ask you to fuck yourself. Thank you." on their Naxx boss kills page. Wish I coulda been there for the kill (either of them). Sucks to plan something in advance and have the patch hit you by surprise when you're about to leave for 2 days, and then have to celebrate my mother's birthday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:35 am 

lol I didn't notice that Deus. Guns is /famous

Post subject: Re: Naxxramas
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:55 pm 

gunsmoke wrote:
Please, don't bother asking us for strats, because we will kindly ask you to fuck yourself. Thank you.

I always wondered why you guys don't share strategies with anyone.

Is it because you take what you accomplsih in a video game that seriously?
If you do that is kind of sad.
Once in awhile share with other people :) . It goes along way.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:14 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Quite the opposite actually.

As we've stated in the past, posting strategies takes away much of the satisfaction and accomplishment from other guilds who are attempting these encounters. I also happen to know that there are other guilds out there, much like Immortality, who want to take the rare event such as a new encounter and enjoy it for as long as possible, before it becomes tidiuous farming and basically boring.

Now you may be thinking to yourself, "Well if some guilds don't want to use the strats they just don't have to." To which we would respond: We do not want to be responsible for putting other guild officers in that position in the first place. And by that I mean, certainly you will get guild members (probabaly not unlike yourself), pleading for your guild to use someone elses strat rather than figuring out your own. You see, many people take great pride in figuring out a strategy on their own, as it really is such a rare chance in this game to attempt, before strats are posted all over and then you have to wait months until the new patch with new encounters.

That said, you are welcome to interpret our decisions regarding strategy policies any way you choose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:27 pm 

You see how kindly Hulex asked you to fuck yourself?! We weren't lying :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:32 pm 

Hulex wrote:
Quite the opposite actually.

As we've stated in the past, posting strategies takes away much of the satisfaction and accomplishment from other guilds who are attempting these encounters. I also happen to know that there are other guilds out there, much like Immortality, who want to take the rare event such as a new encounter and enjoy it for as long as possible, before it becomes tidiuous farming and basically boring.

Now you may be thinking to yourself, "Well if some guilds don't want to use the strats they just don't have to." To which we would respond: We do not want to be responsible for putting other guild officers in that position in the first place. And by that I mean, certainly you will get guild members (probabaly not unlike yourself), pleading for your guild to use someone elses strat rather than figuring out your own. You see, many people take great pride in figuring out a strategy on their own, as it really is such a rare chance in this game to attempt, before strats are posted all over and then you have to wait months until the new patch with new encounters.

That said, you are welcome to interpret our decisions regarding strategy policies any way you choose.

Thank you for the explanation Hulex. I understand that your belief is that others should figure things out for themselves how a certain part of the game works. That way those players can enjoy the discovery on that part of the game.

I do realize that a guild, or individual player, enjoys the fact that they figured out a hard part within the game and accomplished the task or beating the encounter. After awhile that instance does become a “farm-mode” location because the players realize the how’s, what’s and why’s of an instance.
With that being said, there is no penalty to sharing a strategy with others. If a guild decides to use another guilds strategy and it doesn’t work for them; it is not the fault of the other guild who posted the strategy. The fault rests on the shoulders of the other guild that didn’t do something right while in that instance.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next