Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sederon, Holy Paladin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:56 pm 

Character Information

Sederon, ilevel 398 Holy Paladin, currently located on Darkspear, Horde side.

Armory Link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.

I have been playing Sederon as a alt beginning mid BC when he was mainly protection. I took up healing at the start of Wrath, loved it and thus Sederon became my main.

I enjoy the constant triage and moment to moment decision making of healing. The holy paladin's toolbox, especially since Cata, is my favorite, though I do play other healers. I excel on my paladin by using my toolbox to it's fullest; in addition to putting out the required HPS, I will also have a quick Hand of Sacrifice or Aura mastery at the proper time. Situations in which I shine are the last few seconds of a progression kill, where we are trying to keep the rouge alive after the tanks have died; I believe I can keep a cool head and do what I need to in order to maximize chance of success. I also excel on the 30th or 50th wipe; I have an extremely long attention span.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?

I am reasonably competent in protection w/ reasonable gear, though not in the same league as my primary spec.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.

I have raid a raid geared resto druid and mage. I also have a level 85 shammy and DK.

Please provide a UI screenshot.

Experience

I have always been in "medium core" guilds where progression is the goal, but most everyone has jobs/school which puts a ceiling on playtime.

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

I'm a healer and no logs or parse accurately reflects a healer's skill.

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?

Asylum. I haven't actually left; I have strong positive feelings for the guild and it's members, but there is no raiding currently. When and If I leave, I will be a sad panda.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.

Have raided continuously since early BC:

Late BT before nerfs
Reg LK kill before nerf, several heroic modes as well
8/8 DS before nerf
Currently 1/8 HM with 10% defuff (I believe)

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?

By far this is my major video game. I play fairly competitive scrabble and poker.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?

The last few seconds before and just after a tough progression boss goes down, after weeks of trying, is unparalleled. Sharing those few moments with friends makes it all the better.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?

The post in the forums was mainly 3 days, 3 hours each, which is perfect. I can extend somewhat but wouldn't want to make it a habit.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?

A mature, skilled, experienced, and friendly healer.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?

Yes

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz
CPU SPEED:
3.53 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
11.99 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
3.97 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
nvd3dum.dll
PRIMARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:
2560x1440
SECONDARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:
1920x1080
HARD DISK SIZE:
931.51 GB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
868.84 GB (93%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
1.24 MB/s (10.4 mbps)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1852352933.png

What is the best way to contact you?

real ID joshua.horenstein@gmail.com

Tell us a joke!

A man hasn't been feeling well, so he goes to his doctor for a complete checkup. Afterward, the doctor comes out with the results.
"I'm afraid I have some very bad news," the doctor says. "You're dying, and you don't have much time left."
"Oh, that's terrible!" says the man. "Give it to me straight, Doc. How long have I got?"
"Ten," the doctor says sadly.
"Ten?" the man asks. "Ten what? Months? Weeks? What?!"
"Nine..."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 pm 
It would appear kari has failed with her post. We do, in fact, raid from 8-12 est as it is stated. It looks like you just use stock blizz UI but I honestly can't tell because the picture is so damn small. I see nothing that jumps out at me as wrong. Before I continue there is one thing I must do first.....

I SUMMON STALYX!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:44 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Than you for the application!

1. Grats on H-Morchok. Explain to me in 10 man how you would solo heal one side. What would your rotation be?
2. What excites you most about MoP? What do you dislike most about MoP?
3. What is your favorite boss fight ever? Why?
4. How come you never got into pvp?
5. What do you think about female raiders?
6. Explain what you think would be the most difficult heroic mode in DS would be for a holy paladin?
7. Highest pointed word in scrabble you have ever played?

Best of luck to you mate!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:02 am 

@Veroz: yes I use standard Bliz UI w/ healbot and the cataclysm Wow Mouse

@Stalyx:

1. Beacon tank, have 3 HP saved for all stomps; after stomp LoD, then DL soaker, then HR HR HR
The last time I tried to solo heal a side I was less geared and there was no defuff and thus pretty challenging, so would have to play around to see if this works.

2. The visuals of the new zones look amazing but what excites me more is to hopefully move away from the "cataclysm sucks" attitude that was such a downer this expac. I am also excited to try out the healing Monk. I'm nervous about changes to Intellect and it's effect on Mana pools, but I'm sure once I play w/ it on the beta it will feel fine.

3. Yog----This was my first real end boss kill while it was truly relevant. About 5 close wow friends and I spent weeks on it, reteaching the whole damn thing to a rotating last few members of the group. Did this again with LK, but I personally enjoyed the mechanics of the fight of yog better.

4. Who says I never got into PVP? I have DK that I used to mess around in Bgs and arena, but it was just for fun.

5. I wish there were more!

6. Warmaster and Spine (this is a guess having never tried either on HM)
I say this because the spell of the tier, HR, is less useful here (I would think.) In warmaster people are too spread out. In spine (at least on reg) I barely use HR at all and Holy Paladin single target healing isn't what it used to be.

I doubt this is the highest scoring word, but it's a recent favorite that I happen to have a pic of (because I have a urologist friend and I'm a nerd.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:13 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

thank you for the response. Bumping so that one of healing officers can see.

67 points pssh :p

edit: sorry I bailed on our conversation... another slight problem playing from Sri-Lanka.. damn coconut branch fell on the power lines and shorted the entire area! :/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:30 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'm not an officer but i used to play paladin so i figure i can reply without sounding like a complete idiot. To me his gear looks good, he's full DS gear w/ all enchants / gems / reforging. His responses regarding HR seemed to correlate to a player who knows the paladin class and knows how to heal on it. From my perspective i'd say bring him in and give him a chance to prove that he's as good a player in real time as in app

-------
voladir

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:15 pm 
Was already leaning towards an accepted response, just wanted to have stalyx work his magic with questions. Always love seeing them and the responses they get. I'll pm you with vent info/my realid and we can either chat more ingame or vent later today if you're free.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:58 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

My 5 questions.

1. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

2. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

3. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

4. Which is worse, failing or never trying?

5. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:10 pm 

Ok, now I know I'm being trolled. :D

In case anyone was wondering, I'm still interested. I am just taking a few days.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:41 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hah feel free to ignore, Zeelos.

Catch one of us in game when you're ready for an invite :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:56 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

current spec/glyphs are up to date so are chants/gems
you seem like you know what your doing, hopefully looking forward to another hpal in the raid :0

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]