Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:38 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Information
Night Elf Hunter - Level 85 - Item level: 408 (PvE) - Spec: Survival

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... n/advanced

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I really like my hunter because I feel very comfortable as a range DPS and also the utility of my pet.
I have been playing my hunter since the beginning (Dec'2004). WoW reports 379 days of played time on him.
As a main character, I only played my hunter. Although, to improve my performance and to better understand the mechanics of the game I played also as a Tank (Prot-warrior), as a healer (Holy-Priest, Resto-Shaman) and as a caster (Mage).
About the 'shiny thing' and taking in consideration my whole WoW history, I would say Misdirecting and Kiting mobs (even before we got Misdirection, like in MC and BWL). Lately (Cata-DS) my AoE is solid DPS.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
Well, Hunters are considered pure DPS class, so I use my another spec (secondary) only when it is needed for specific utility. If I there is no need for a specific spec, I use it for PvP. I have a full PvP set (BiS, except weapons).

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
None, although I have 5 alts lvl 85 to cover all professions and to make gold to support my main. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I use them to learn more in detail the mechanics of healing/tanking/dps.

Please provide a UI screenshot.
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... 183616.jpg

Experience
So far, close to 8 years playing wow. Most of the time raiding. On the side some PvP and achievements.

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.
Wrath keeps track of all our raids, although after some time they are deleted.
The latest DS-25 I found is (May 1st, 2012):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ub3g ... amageDone/
And the last entry for Madness of Deathwing (June 6, 2012)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vzvl ... amageDone/

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?
Southern Realms Knights (SC): Dec2004-Jul2005 (My leveling guild. Left for a Raiding guild)
Vehement(SC): Sep2005-Aug2006 (2nd best Alliance guild. Guild disbanded)
Indomitable (SH): Aug2006-Dec2006 (#1 guild in the server. Guild Reformed)
Royalty (SH): Dec2006-Jul2007 (remains of Indomitable. Left due I decided to return to Skullcrusher)
Forgotten Prophets (SC) Aug2007-Mar2008 (Casual raider, I left due I decided to get back on hardcore raiding)
Dark Entropy (SC) Apr2008-Aug2008 (#1 Alliance guild, I got kicked due I stopped playing WoW)
Brethren-Vigilant-Paradox (SC) Dec2008-Mar2010 (Casual player, getting a lot of random g-invites)
Shadow of the Sun (SC) Apr2010-Aug2011 (Back on serious raiding, Guild disbanded)
Anomaly(SC) Sep2011-Jan2012 (Casual guild, disbanded)
Wrath (SC) Jan2012 - up to date (My current raiding guild)

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.
I raided all the instances in classic wow and all expansions. The list below was done when the content was relevant.

* Classic wow: Molten Core (Cleared) / BlackWing Lair (Cleared) / Anh'Quiraj-40 (Cleared) / Naxx-40: up to Sapphiron (5%).
* Burning Crusade: Kara (Cleared) / Gruul's-Magtheridon Lair(Cleared) / Serpentshrine Cavern(Cleared) / Mount Hyjal (Cleared) / Tempest Keep (Cleared) / Black Temple (Cleared) / Sunwell: up to Kil’jaeden (26%).
* Wrath: Naxx-25 (Cleared) / Ony-Eye-VoA-Sarth3D-Halion(H) (Cleared) / Ulduar (Cleared, missed some HMs) / TotGC: up to Anub'arak / Icecrown Citadel Heroic: Up to Sindragosa.
* Cataclysm: Blackwing Descent (Cleared) / Bastion of Twilight (Cleared) / Throne of the Four Winds (Cleared) / Firelands-Heroic (5/7) / Dragon Soul-Heroic (Cleared).

Personal Information
Allan - Peruvian - Currently living in US.

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?
I do research in US as a living. Right now I am only playing WoW, although I played some Diablo III (Demon Hunter lvl 25), Starcraft II (Cleared all missions). I used to play Counter Strike, Starcraft, Gunbound.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?
I really enjoy progression and the feeling of killing a boss for 1st time. Also, I like competing on the DPS charts. Off raiding, I like doing achievements.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
I have the time to offer a solid raid attendance. It is unusual when I have to drop the raid or not show up.
Do you have players still on School?, lol.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
A solid raiding hunter and help clearing content. On the side, I am always up for PvP and achievements.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
I have been on that situation before, I tend to be quiet, listen and fix the problem (if there is any).

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
Computer: CPU - Intel Core i7 - 2860QM @ 2.5GHz / Memory 12GB / Nvidia Quadro 2000
Internet connection: http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... edtest.jpg
WoW runs smoothly (even in the most demanding cases, like Ultraxion)

What is the best way to contact you?
In game: allanhouston

Tell us a joke!
I am no good at jokes... but I recall a funny anecdote:

[... setting the raid for Omnotron, with our brand new shammy]
Karizhyla: Ok shammy, just relax, you will do fine. Your main task will be poping Hero.
Shammy: Ok.
Allanhouston: Now!
[Heroism popped]

App. done!

Best regards

Allanhouston

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:03 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

It has been a really long time since I played with allanhouston but from what I recall he was pretty decent. Would be worth having around for MoP.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:32 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I see, Ill look in the morning. I just played civ 5 with majnoon for 15 hours straight.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:52 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I dont know if we need more mexicans.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:21 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You should know we are only doing 10 mans until Mists of Pandas; and we are just getting mounts for some people who haven't gotten it. I don't know how much you would raid until then, but I think you would make a good addition in MOP. If that does't bother you, talk to Fleas.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:54 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

i recognize the name, however i do not believe our stays in wrath overlapped too much. that being said i also have no bad memories of him (which is good cuz i hold grudges)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:03 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hey Allan, as Zeelos mentioned above we're getting pretty close to being done to MoP with just one 10m clearing for mounts and achievements now. We're probably going to be tight hunters with 3-4 but with the removal of the dead zone that should be okay. Send a tell to one of us in game if you want to hop over now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]