Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Restoration shaman
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:37 am 

Character Information

Armory Link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ndo/simple

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.

I started playing World of Warcraft in 2005 and started playing my Shaman late BC. I have experience playing restoration and elemental specs.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?

My offspec is elemental and I have gear.

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.

85 Gnome Priest
85 Goblin Rogue

Please provide a UI screenshot.

Default UI with Grid

Experience

Provide a link to a World of Log for cataclysm content. At the very least provide a damage meter for a dummy under the following conditions: 5 minutes long, any standard raid buffs you would like, and include the breakdown of your damage as well as the overall damage done. Do not skip over this.

What raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave?

Dark Entropy, left when the guild disbanded.

What is your raiding experience? Please be as specific as possible and include content from Vanilla to current.

WOTLK
Naxx
ToC Heroic
ICC Heroic

Personal Information

Tell us about yourself. What other games do you enjoy?

I'm a junior at the University of Central Florida majoring in Computer Science. Counter Strike, SC3, LoL, D3 are other games that I enjoy playing.

Why do you enjoy raiding? What keeps you playing this game?

I enjoy raiding because it's competitive server and world wide. The annual pass and MoP would be two reason for what is keeping me play.

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?

The time works fine for me even during school.

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?

Skill, dedication and big heals.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?

I'm able to deal with criticism and fix the problem.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net

I7 2.3ghz
Geforce 555M
8g DDR3

What is the best way to contact you?

Email - robertkarish@gmail.com

Tell us a joke!

Post subject: Re: Restoration shaman
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:38 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

It's so nice to see applications coming in steadily. Thank you for taking the time to app, i'm sure an officer will be around soon enough to deal with your application.

You seem to have a good outlook, according to what you have written down and you say you're open to criticism. I would like to give you some advice. When apping to a guild, do try and be thorough. You have skipped over a few things on top of being vague. Especially in the section that said explicitly to not skip. I do not wish to assume anything because we all know what they say about that, to assume, I mean. However, with how your app was filled in, it does not seem that you can follow clear instructions (which is confusing considering your university major). Maybe you felt that it was not important and you took it into your own hands to skip questions or be vague but in doing so, you have cast a negative light on yourself.

Even inane things like posting a UI screen shot. You may use the default with grid but how you have it laid out could impact performance. God forbid your groups are all scattered about in an abstract parabola. All that on top of the fact that it was worth putting on our app... to have you skip it... well.

Regardless, best of luck to you and again i'm sure an officer will be around to you shortly! :) Have a great day!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:39 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Not wanting to continue on w/ the post above me, is this character an alt? i can understand the low ilvl if you do not really raid but you do not have all ur gear enchanted,missing a belt buckle, and dont have tinkers from engineering ( of course only hands are important). this stuff is ok to skip over if ur not a raider but is important if u do

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:16 pm 

I've been playing on my rogue the majority of this expansion and I just started playing this character again a couple of days ago. I just started running HoTs and DS so I figured it wouldn't be worth to enchant/gem/reforge gear that I'm going to replace shortly to save up gold for Mists. I'm open to do an interview on ventrilo so that we can talk things over. You can contact me at robertkarish@gmail.com.

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Playing a different toon all expac is something I can definitely relate to. However, I can not agree with your view on not gemming or enchanting your gear prior to applying. Your gems and enchants are a possible reflection of how you play or your general know-how on your class. You must look good on paper first before anything else. Hopefully you'll take that away with you after this all.

Secondly, you have blatantly skated over my advice on doing your application more thoroughly. Again, a terrible reflection on you.

All in all, I am in no way an officer but my advice would be to take away what you can from Voladir's post and mine. From what I can tell, your application has been denied. I hope to see you around in game and sincerely hope too, that your next application to whatever guild you choose to go to, be better received and or submitted.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]