[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Chikenjoe - Resto/Boomkin

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:57 am 

Armory link
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... joe/simple (this is probably going to be me in my pvp gear)

Explain why you enjoy playing your class. How long have you been playing the class you are applying with and do you have any experience playing other classes/specs? Give two examples of specific situations in which you shine on your class.
I love druids. IMO they are one of the most versatile classes around, especially when it comes to a wpvp aspect ( i realize that is irrelevant for pve ) But i love being a hybrid. being able to dps one sec then turn around and save a raid with a clutch heal on the tank or a well placed tranquility. Ive been playing a druid on and off since the end of vanilla wow. The class didnt become my main until well into wrath of the lich king. atm i have 6 85s but only actively play about 3 of them; my druid obviously aswell as my warrior sourbannana and my hunter ilikeurstyle. And i would also like to note i feel i am just as good on both those classes, i have been playing these three classes since vanilla, however my main then was a spriest by the name of wag on skullcrusher but even then i was moresoo a pvper.

Are you competent in playing other specs within your class? Do you have off spec gear?
I belive myself to be great at both boomkin and resto, yet i have no illusions of being a good feral druid, my only feral experience is from leveling up to about 70 then i swapped over to a boomkin/resto setup and never looked back. my resto spec is more geared than my boomkin spec but only by one ilvl. i sit 394 resto 393 boomkin. also my hunter is 396 i believe and warrior 385. i just got lucky iwth drops on hunter, that is my least played of the 3 =)

What alts do you actively play, at least over level 80.
well i think i covered the alt section but for formality; Druid(resto/boom) warrior (tank/fury) hunter (survival/BM) mage (fire) dk(unholy) priest (shadow/holy)

Please provide a UI screenshot.
http://imgur.com/o4OPB <=== UI link. basically its pitbull and bartender.

Experience
Ive been palying WoW since the month the game was released and thus i have done nearly every raid. however i never got into naxx during vanilla. My raiding experience is pretty much split down the middle between dps and heals. all through vanilla i raided as a spriest, come BC i raided as a fury warrior and a hunter. then in WotLK i primarily raided as a resto druid, that when needed i would go dps. In WotLK i took a break from wow for a few months so i really only progressed in ulduar, i came back to the game near the end of Wotlk when everything was a joke and was able to solo heal most 10 mans on my druid with no problem, i do realize this was cause they were super dooper OP but nonetheless still proud =)

world of logs
unfortunately im not on world of logs so heres my dummy break down, with just motw on no other buffs.
http://i.imgur.com/WXaSP.jpg?1
also as far as healing is conserned id be willing to run any raid or dungeon as heals so u cna test it out. most raid encounters i hover around 24k HPS the highest ive been at the end of a fight was 33k HPS but that was in a 5 man.

previous raiding guilds
omg trying to remeber old guild names lol. uhhh well at 60 i was more a pvper so i sat in my own guild. <puppies> we had a few GMs and i myself got to rank 11, i was also the leader of my 60 pvp team. Through 70 i was horde on korgath and i was never in a guild more than a few weeks, pugged most content. at 80 i was in a few aswell never any super big guilds just enough to raid 10 mans, and nothing that was too serious mainly just due to timing constraints. for 85 i was in wrath for awhile but mainly to lead a RBG team which i lead on sourbannana to 2k before i got a new job and didnt have the time to play anymore. besides for one time i have never left a guild on bad terms, its usually just leaving to find more active guilds, or guilds who can take my other characters on raids. The time i did leave on bad terms was at level 80, i cant remeber the guild name but the officer who kicked me was healeo, and i was kicked for posting healing meters on everyboss, i was doing so because i was doubling 2 healers put together and they were handing gear out in a loot council were i receaded nothing and the other healers completely outgeared me. after the raid i was told to never talk in guild or raid chat again or leave, so i left.

Personal information
As far as personal information goes, i live outside san francisco california where i am going for a mechanical engineering degree. right now i am unfortunately unemployed so my scheduled is wide open. AS far as other games goes i dont play anything else on my computer, but i do play battlefield 3 on ps3. and those are really the only games ive played in years

Why do i enjoy raiding
I enjoy raiding, i love getting into content before it gets dumbed down or just so understood by everyone that it is a cookie cutter. I love trying to figure the new content out for myself before i can just read up on it. I like playing this game because i still feel it is competitive, i dont mean i wont to boast about my achievements in trade but i do everything in my power to top heals/ dps while not forgetting about mechanics. Nothing better than people thinking ur exploiting cause ur meters are too high =D

Immortality raids 4 days a week Monday through Thursday from 8pm-12pm EST. Does this work for you? How about when school starts?
Your raiding schedule is perfect. all my calsses are in the morning and your raid times will be 5-9 for me since im in cali, and that will work out fine. but like i have said before i am unemployed right now, and honestly a job will take presidence over the game and my raiding schedule, ill do everything in my power to try and have the two not conflict but shit happens =\

What do you believe you can contribute to Immortality?
I believe myself to be an overall great player, i ahve a great understanding of the 6 classes i know, and a moderate understand of the rest. im not one to stand in fire, and im not one to forget mechanics, i wont rage quit just beacuse we wipe a few times and i wont stop raiding once i get my gear.

Are you able to handle, at times, harsh constructive criticism?
Even tho i consider myself a good player that doesnt at all mean i wont take criticism or suggestions. if someone can make me better at my class more power to them, i wont claim to know everything and will always be willing to hear someones suggestions.

What are your computer specs? Internet connection? Please post a link from http://www.speedtest.net
I run windows 7 64-bit. 8.00 GB AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor 2.6GHz
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2176555213.png

What is the best way to contact you?
The best way to contact me is probably in game, either tells or ingame mail. im pretty darn active right now so i should be able to get back to you nearly immediately.

Tell us a joke!
Telling a joke has by far been the hardest part of this aplication...
instead of a joke i present this. dont hate
http://i.minus.com/ib0O9z9mdnDV30.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:15 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Going to preface this by -- my opinion does not matter, I do not hold a leadership position within the guild.. and hell I have not seen the inside of formal raid in two years. However, I do appreciate the application which seems well done apart from the misspelling of "presidence" So as is tradition I have a few questions of ya!

1. You like pvp -- what is harder? PvP or PvE? why?
2. You said you led RBG groups -- give me your perfect MoP comp for a RBG group.
3. What is your leading style? Hitlerish? Hippie - kumbayaish? You have 12.4 second to get the BS and cap it precisechish?
4. Favorite raid boss ever? Why?
5. The lady Vash fight in the final phase which classes were used to take care of the flying stuff?
6. How do you think druids will be for MoP from 1 to 10 -- 1 being wimpy to 10 being "Fuck you, they my cookies now"
7. Do you know anyone from Immo?
8. If you find out that someone is a clicker? What is the best insult you can come up with.

Best of luck ChikenJoe -- also one last question 9. WHY?????? YOUR NAME???? WHYYYYY???

Stalyx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:23 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Log out in your PVE gear.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:07 pm 

first off thanks for the consideration.

1. In my opinion pvp is harder. Pve seems very static to me, the fights dont changed any many times when i new encounter comes out i find it easy to compare it to an older boss who had similar mechanics. on the other hand for pvp i feel like its always changed, at least my play style always needs to adapt to incorporate new spells or ro just try to out play a skilled opponent.

2. its a little hard to say what my perfect comp would be for MOP since i havent played beta and not quite sure how these new talents will play out at 90. But off the top of my head i would want to run; Warrior tank, pally heals, druid heals, priest heals, rogue, DK, boomkin, mage, warlock and for the last slot probaly hunter for defending purposes.

3. as far as leading style is concerned i find myself inbetween a hippie and a hitler. I dont mind loosing to being outplayed or out geared or just caught off gaurd. but when we loose do to people not watching flags or not being were they are supposed to be no doubt i get frustrated and it will show when leading. i wont snap and start yelling at people but you will no my frustration.

4.My favorite raid boss of all time is probably level 60 onyxia. i loved that fight iwas always excited to give it a run. never a dull moment in that raid, at leas in my opinion. SO much going on so many whelps and w/e the big melee guys are called. I cant really pin point why its my favorite all iknow is ai love that place, even the 80 version was fun not the same but fun none the less.

5. oh man you would ask how to do an ssc boss (hated the shit outa this palce) now this isnt the riad im most familiar with, but isnt it in the final phase that u get pooped on by bats, and you just kinda avoid the falling green stuff and have everyone just burn the boss? i think thats what i did idk =\

6. Druid in mop are going to be a solid 8. for pvp if i get the time to free cast someone is going to die. and as far as my single target dps goes for my boomkin right now, on raid bosses i seem to be between 35-40k dps so things are looking great for a druid right now, id be lieing if i wasnt excited.

7. i know a couple immo people handelit was my 3s partner for a long time, murakumo was one of my solid healers for my rbgs teams, and towards the end of cata i was doing some 5s with piemaster (but we dont know eachother that well)

8. an interesting question and not something i have dealt with ina long time lol. id probably just tell them to go back to playing call of duty

9. i got the name chikenjoe from the movie surfs up, hes like a stoner chicken. if you were wondering why its misspelled thats cause ive had enough characters reported for copy right infringement so now i try and spell every char name i make wrong just to be safe.

once again tahnks for the time and consideration, and i should be logged in pve gear now

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:09 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly fill out your application and not skip anything. It's always so awesome when people blatantly ignore instructions in plain black and white. Also, thanks for logging out in pve gear it makes it easier :P

It's always nice to see other balance druids. My first question I had, after looking at your app is about your gems and enchants. I am wary to assume anything but I would guess your purple gems in red slots is because it is... norm...? for resto...? I am a little lost. I am not a resto druid, mind you but your gems are all over the place. Could you please explain your gemming choices?

As for enchants, again I am assuming you double up on pieces for both specs? Same for the gems?

Your hit is astronomical. I am thinking it's because of your massive amount of spirit and your spirit/sp gems O.O And your lack of reforging, too. Are you keeping your spirit around?

I think all in all, many of my questions boil down to if you are balance or resto. Armory says you are balance at the moment yet everything screams resto-ish.

Looking at your parse, it's seemingly a 1 minute parse and judging from the numbers you did not use CA or Incarn. I'm trying to think of why your numbers are so low for the gear you have. It may be due to your lack of reforging or just down to your rotation having bugs. That being said, would you please explain the best and ideal usage of CA and Incarn? Also, what level 90 talent would you use for balance? (assuming you're apping as balance). Why would you choose it, and how would you use it to maximize dps? It may not be necessary but I would definitely like to see an updated parse on a dummy. One with a regular, unbuffed rotation (no cds) and one with a buffed opener. That way it would be easier to see what it is exactly that you are doing. With just your sp alone your numbers should be much higher.

Ps: Surf's Up was an AMAZING movie!!! And the chicken! The chicken was the best out of all of them!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:43 pm 

your right. atm i am setup for resto, i was needed to be heals to help fill out a raid group so most of my gear is setup for resto besides a few pieces. but for resto i got as much spirit as possible to max my mana regen, and this was primarily my setup for the game prior to this last patch which came out. so for the moment my gems and enchants are dated but i just dont want to spend the gold on it with mop so close around the corner. However if i was gemming for boomkin id go int/mastery to max eclipse dmg.

also i would like to acknowledge that my current balance spec is a pvp spec. since i was main spec pvp boomkin and pve resto for all of season 11

yeah the hit is just a biproduct of being mainly in resto gear. however it does help alot of the DMF bunny =)

Yeah im sorry i should of noted that i didnt really pve as boomkin recently so my pve gear is lacking on that field.

I did take 5 min on the dummy but i did not start in an eclispe or anything which i guess i should have. i also wasnt very good on using my cds i think i used them once in the 5 min time? idk wasnt really thinking. but anyway as far as your question regarding when to use the boomkin CDs this is what i generally do. Starting in my lunar presence i would pop incarn startfall and dps until i was out of lunar presence, then i pop CA get startfall back up and running and continue as if i was in lunar presence.

as far as what im choosing for my boomkin tree come the lvl 90 talent point. cant say 100% what im going to do, they are all very situational looking abilities. if there isnt any need for more healing in clutch spots ill probably stick with natures vigil for the dmg increase.

i realize i kinda took this last question out of order but im jsut trying to not miss something. my rotation is pretty simple, apply dots and either wrath/starfall spam depending on the eclipse of course. using starsurge on CD as well as starfall on CD. and i use my incarn when in lunar and CA once out of lunar to maximize my incarn eclipse time. saying that i dont doubt my gemming and reforging is off but that is mainly due to me being resto main spec right now and yet i am applying for the boomkin position. if you want i can regem and reforge and go again at a dummy. or im willing to run any dungeon/raid with anyone with recount to take a look at my dps.

edit: on a side note i think maybe the dummy was raised to be a lvl 90 dummy cause even with my hit i miss alot. not trying to make excuses just something i noticed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:24 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hi there! Haha glad I saw you in game! I looked over and there you were it was so cool.

As for gemming and chanting etc, head on over to chardev.org and you can do it there and save the gold! Once you do that, then we'll have a clearer picture to look at so to speak. With that outta the way i'll mainly focus on rotation etc.

Your rotational knowledge in theory is sound and I understand that you did not apply it to your screenshotted parse (which is still coming out to 66 seconds on my end O.O) so that's a relief that you DO know what to do though there are small mistakes in your 'rotation' but that's pretty close! :D Also your choice of Vigil is relieving. You didn't mention mushrooms though. How would you use them? When?

Also, now with the changes to balance, how would you deal with fights with heavy aoe? What is your theorycrafting/opinion on what would be best?

Thanks for being so speedy!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

use mushrooms with steak, and your name would be better if the w was a v

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:29 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:38 pm 

first things first: http://chardev.org/profile/416215-chikenjoe.html

i did my best to reforge regem and reenchant my gear for a boomkin roll. however i would like to note i dont think this site was recognizing my spirit to hit conversion, and no matter what i did i couldnt get my hit to move from 4%. saying that i just want to acknowledge that i do know my hit needs to be raised from what is being showed on the site. If i did happen to over forge i would take away from my haste and place into spirit. and if i had leftover spiriti from what is shown it would go into mastery.

the reason i am trying to max out my mastery is that with the new CDs and talent workings i appear to be spending way more time in my eclipses than the previous patches. So i am hoping mastery will out preform haste come 90, however im not 100% sure on this and have no problem altering my gems once i get a better feel for this new talents and class mechanics.

as far as mushrooms go, i always plant them before fights and explode them upon the pull for that initial spike of ddps. besides that i see the mushrooms as a strong aoe ability but have never though of using them in my roation as a normal single target dmg spell.

that being said what i try to do for heavy aoe situations is be in my lunar presence to get the new hurricane spell, i believe astral storm something like that. and i use that in sync with starfall with the use of shroooms between the storms. that right now seems to be my strongest aoe, yet i still feel my aoe dmg is alcking from before the patch so im still working with it alot to find the best dps choice for aoe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:10 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Thank you for the answers.. I am sure Fleas or another officer will be along shortly.. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:25 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hey Chiken,

Thanks for the application. It's been a couple busy days and heading out again right now but I'll look this over later tonight or tomorrow.

Have a good weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:36 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Alright so looking over your gear you mentioned it was setup with resto in mind prior to the patch, however resto should be going for brilliant rubies unless the socket bonus is 20 or more. It's not the end of the world if you went for a purple int/spi gem in a blue socket but putting anything but a ruby in a red socket makes me cry. This is true for either boom or resto so... yeah.

Your enchanting needs some work done. You've got pvp enchants on your helm and shoulders, lesser int enchant on your cloak, nothing on your chest (assuming this was a recent addition as there's no gems either), 50 spirit on bracers instead of int, and missing a belt buckle.

For talents, why did you pick Cenarion Ward over NS?

Mostly resto questions as Ava has covered boomkin pretty well.

Bonus Question: What is your favourite kind of pie?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:54 am 

Yeah i was trying to log out in my boomkin pve gear, which happens to be a mixture between my resto and boomkin gear. ill log out in just my regualr resto gear which is all setup for resto so u can see that i can gem properly =)

yeah since this is my boomkin gear which isnt my main spec at the moment it wasnt completely gemed and enchanted since i never ever got to use it. and the pvp enchants are cause i never got around to getting the rep, was pvp focused most this xpack spending all my off time running rbgs

my spec right now is setup for a pvp build since i dont pve atall right now with mop so close, just trying out my abilities in bgs and such. that would in no way be my choice for pve. but if your question was being asked in a pvp perspective CW is incredible for pvp, i find it that i can keep myself alive against any opponents as long as i keep CW and rejuv up

hands down im going to have to go with pumpkin, i know its a very seasonal pie however i feel the delicate crunch of the crust provides the perfect accent to the moist buttery pumkin filling.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:03 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hi Chiken, thanks for putting in dedicated time to keep on top of your application. While it says Druid recruitment is full, we always welcome exceptional applicants regardless of recruitment status. Unfortunately, in my opinion, going off of your current knowledge and skill with PvE balance druids, I would not necessarily put you in that category. I hear from Handelit that you are an exceptional PvP druid however and I have no doubt that you will be able to rectify the errors and holes in your boomkin knowledge.

Your knowledge on balance druids is vague at best though you are on the right track. More care and time put into researching your class would have been more prudent to make for a stronger first impression. As the time for first impressions has come and gone, now is the time to look at what you have left. I strongly suggest you start from scratch and look at communities like Elitist Jerks to relearn the tao of boomkin. Understanding your class, as I'm sure you know, is key to success. At this time, some of your current hypotheses are, for lack of better words, down right wrong. Hamlet on Elitist Jerks has an outstanding track record of moonkin knowledge and theorycrafting. I suggest reading his compendium for starters. Then, you can move on to tools such a Wrathcalcs- a dps spreadsheet to help you map out most everything you will need. Given your educational background, if you are feeling adventurous I would then suggest Simcraft and cross-referencing your knowledge/hypotheses there.

All in all, I can dig how you have been more than happy to comply with whats been asked of you (broken chardev and everything!). You have kept a good-nature through all of this. I believe Ryu has already spoken with you, anyway, so hopefully the suggested tools above will help strengthen your repertoire so that it is indeed worth a second look next time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next